People leaving early

We are top of the league, ground out a good result to go 3 points clear,and people still leave early. Would be good for people to celebrate and clap the team off. It cant be good for morale to see hundreds of people leaving. They cant all have a good reason for it.

Who cares about the morale thing you speak off. If the players are concentrating fully they wouldnt notice anybody leave. Got to say Ive never noticed anybody walking away from pitch side when Ive ever played.

Maybe they need to pick someone up at 5pm for something and have no choice but to leave early every game. If theyre happy paying £20 each to see what they can then fair enough to them

Who cares about the morale thing you speak off. If the players are concentrating fully they wouldnt notice anybody leave. Got to say Ive never noticed anybody walking away from pitch side when Ive ever played.

Maybe they need to pick someone up at 5pm for something and have no choice but to leave early every game. If theyre happy paying £20 each to see what they can then fair enough to them

i never leave early..even for cardiff or bristol city when our unbeaten away record went south...

mind you, wasn't it at brentford a couple of seasons ago when we were losing one nil... 2nd one goes in, so the latics faithful think they'll hit the carpark ... then we get 2 back in a matter of mins.... said latics fans miss the best bit from oldhams players.... so the brentford fans follow suit in disgust of throwing away three points etc... as they leave the ground, their players get a third to retake the three points..... both sets of fans miss out on the best bits....

i think soemone had it on youtube as they walked back to their car????

we all have our reasons.... i don't have too, so never will do!!

mind you when i'm working for united matches i've seen them at the tramstops in their hundreds at a clear 15 mins before the whistle.... i ask you, whats the point in that? you pay ALL that money, irrespective if you've travelled from the other side of the watford gap and you miss a fair proportion of the game....and to be honest, how often do they pop up with last minute goals....

Edited by thetramdriver

Maybe some people have a disability and want to leave a bit early to save themselves getting pushed and shoved by the ignorant gits there are at oldham. I go with my cousin who is disabled so leave when the board goes up for injury time do you think im arsed if i miss a goal as long as my cousin gets to the car save i couldn't give a flying feck if i miss a goal.

well obviously i wasn't including you and your disabled cousin in my observations.

fair enough, people leave when they want. i will just get my moneys worth along with the majority of other fans that stay.

I saw a few leave when Millwall went 3-1 up now you'd think they'd of learnt a lesson on that comeback wouldnt you! I've left with about 5mins to go but only if the game is dead and burried. I don't really care about the players feelings at the end because I cheer them on during the match plus sometimes they don't deserve a clap off and leaving early stops me booing/hurling abuse.

What's the earliest anyone's ever left a Latics game except for reasons like the PA has mentioned your car was blocking a driveway or something?

I recall being sat in a pub in Cleethorpes as the second half got underway after leaving at H/T during a cup game/shoeing at Grimsby once.

I didn't see saturday's half time whistle nevermind the full time whistle but I had a valid reason :sick:

I left Latics at Half time when cardiff were beating us 5 nil or something like that? Gorams Return lol

We left, walked up Sheepfoot lane then got pulled by the police who kept us for 15 minutes while they checked us out ffs.

Meanwhile my mate had goal alerts on his mobile which cost him 50p a goal HT FT and bookings etc.

We got beat 7-1 i think and had a man sent off Cost him a fortune in texts lmao.

I never saw the point in leaving because we are getting beaten. If you do that then it’s 100% certain that you will go away pissed off, when if you stay there’s always a chance that you get to see at least a consolation goal that makes you walk away a lot happier.

or of course concede a couple more, ouch.

Kettering away in the FA Cup a year or so ago.

We score 2 goals in quick sucession and all the 'part-time' supports make a dash for the exit even though there was a fair chunk of time left.

Kettering score very soon after the KO to get it back to a single goal and they all turned round and came back in.

"We can see you sneaking back!".

Made it 3-3 as well before a late winner from ASDA DVD salesman Hall bagged a winner.

What's the earliest anyone's ever left a Latics game except for reasons like the PA has mentioned your car was blocking a driveway or something?

I recall being sat in a pub in Cleethorpes as the second half got underway after leaving at H/T during a cup game/shoeing at Grimsby once.

Went tp Bradford FA Cup reply about 85/6/ Bloody freezing and snowing 5 - 0 down at HT. I stayed but my mate left after the stewards eventually relented and let him out. Got out just in time to see two little tykes driving his car down Manningham (?) Road . Happy days

I once left a game at half time, we were playing Tranmere(IIRC) when Sharp was manager. It was a Sunday and live on ITV also, but went to the game cos I had a season ticket at the time. It was your typical freezing crappy day at ISZ and the football was dire beyond belief, so I gave up. I got home, changed, made myself a Bovril and just as I sat to watch the rest of the second half, Tranmere scored and we in fact lost the game 1-0 that day. So I felt the leaving the game was somewhat justified.

Sharp...useless tosser!

was it not 1-1? we scored after about five mins? might be a diff game but as i recall it was a shot from a tight angle into the roof of the net, possibly ian olney..?

i did leave before half time versus cardiff, of the three of us who were there that day one has been back only twice, and one of them was the game when dowie said he would 'be going hard but not going home' before promptly going home. :censored:.