What petty things annoy you about football?

E is for the eery silence that echoes around the ground

after I've booked the home teams player

and its obvious to everyone that he deserved it

Like that one

M is for the mistakes we sometimes make

surely a bit of controversy is part of the games appeal

Spot on

U is for the umpire which i sometimes wish id been instead

you never hear a cricket crowd shouting whos the bastard in the hat

Given the growth of 2020 and the associated drinking anf football style chants, this may not be far away

Some interesting posts on here.

Not sure how it has managed to generate a sub-theme of whether you'd be willing to shag WAG/Crap singer/B-list celebrity Mrs Cole or not.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread Scapegoat!

Here's mine...

Supporters that hold their arms aloft as a shot drifts way over the bar

That socks over the knees thing that Terry Henry started off. The nancy.

That 'hiding behind the keeper' trick. Err, how many times has it actually worked since Gary Crosby did it to Dibble in 1989?

I love doing that - I fink it's great - not very sporting but mmmmmarvelous all the same!

Of the last two seasons Skys bi-annual Grand Slam Sunday Really annoys me the hyperbole that this creates.

Sky will build it up for weeks trying to convince me that I should sell every member of my family to see the "Four Majors go head to head" Now don't get me wrong I do like watching the premier league and do like watching the top teams but the way this is built up like its somekind of historical event when in reality its an opportunity for Andy Grey and Co to ejaculate wildly at something that in reality doesn't matter to me or the supporters of every other team outside the top 6-8 teams in the country really gets on my tits :rant.sml:

annnndd breath! that feels so good to get that of my chest.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Bacary Sagna's hairdo. It looks bloody awful

All the poncy hair-dos and facial hair.

What's happened to the good old fashioned hair of the footballers of yesteryear?

The KK perm, Waddle mullet and Brian Kilclines big bushy muzzy - they were real footballers, not like todays bunch of coiffured minges.

KtF,

Derek.

Oh, and the lack of little light blue three wheeled cars (I was going to type what we used to call them as kids, but the PC brigade would be rabidly jumping down my throat in next to no time) at the side of the pitch, and alphabetical scoreboards. It's no wonder the game is going down the :censored:ter.

Edited by DerekWilson_1968

.............and has helped save lives !

Just because we havent had another disaster on the same scale as Hillsborough does not mean that it's because grounds have become all seater. I'd wager that if you flood a full seated stand with 5K ticketless fans there will be casualties.

But thats a topic for another day.

Edited by 3 Lions

Guest oa_exile
Just because we havent had another disaster on the same scale as Hillsborough does not mean that it's because grounds have become all seater.

So what you are saying is that the Taylor's report was a load of tosh then ?

I'd wager that if you flood a full seated stand with 5K ticketless fans there will be casualties.

Not as many though as if they were standing as you wont get a stampede.

The fact that the 4th places team in England/Spain/Italy is given a place in the Champions League instead of the domestic Cup winner

What I also find annoying about this competition.

It used to be called the European Cup, and was only open to teams that had won their national league i.e were the domestic Champions.

They changed it so teams finishing 2nd, 3rd and now 4th play in it. So obviously that was the time to re-name it to Champions League.

How did they work that one out?

What I also find annoying about this competition.

It used to be called the European Cup, and was only open to teams that had won their national league i.e were the domestic Champions.

They changed it so teams finishing 2nd, 3rd and now 4th play in it. So obviously that was the time to re-name it to Champions League.

How did they work that one out?

it's been called the Champions League since 1991, when they changed it to a tournament format, the 2nd placed teams came in around 1997, then 2 years later the 3rd and 4th teams came in. I'm all for maybe the top 3 in England because they would be up there as the best teams in the world but I think 4th is just a step too far as it has seen the demise of other Leagues across Europe which were once strong

Any form of 'cheating', diving and dropping like you've been poleaxed every challenge (Wilbraham)

Defenders who stand with the Tony Adams stance (arm up in the air claiming offside, when you've been skinned)

Referees who just book/show the yellow card, but don't talk to players - ala Steve Bennett

Brightly Coloured boots on bad/good/indifferent players

So what you are saying is that the Taylor's report was a load of tosh then ?

Not as many though as if they were standing as you wont get a stampede.

If you needed to evacuate a seated area in a rush there would be carnage. Thankfully no stands these days are likely to catch fire the way Bradford did but I know which sort I would want to be in if I had to get away sharpish.

Also, when we scored at Scunny I was a hair's breadth away from going over the seat in front and I would have taken plenty with me if I had done. Well designed terracing is as safe as any seating area and possibly more so.

Apologies if repeating anyone elses gripes:

Soccer AM

Setanta

Latics' lack of coverage on local radio/GMR

The Premier League and the removal of history of anything that happend before its inception

Rebranding of the names of the divisions

Franchising (MK Dons)

Away teams' attendances at BP

"Anytown/Anyteam" chants that every team sing

Chris Porter

Expensive ticket prices

Poor catering at BP

Rubbish shop at BP

Cheap shots at latics fans (Martin Allen comes to mind)

Edited by slurms mckenzie

The fact that the 4th places team in England/Spain/Italy is given a place in the Champions League instead of the domestic Cup winner

.. and on this topic, my favourite hate subject...

Liverpool

Hate the place, the team, and their self proud muppet fans... they can shove thier european cups up thier deluded arses if they think they are anywhere near the best team in this country... I hate them, I hate them all.... I literally despise every inch of them, the team, the fans, the whole concept of Liverpool football club. Imagine most peoples haterd of Man U, or Lees' hatred of MK, and times it by 10.

... dont mind everton though....