Goal music

Anyone who was at a certain wedding reception a few weeks ago, will know what Franny's reaction (and feelings about the song) was when a few of us cheekily asked for him to put on "Guns of Navarone"

He doesnt like it, so it wont get played. Simple as.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

... Franny's reaction (and feelings about the song)....... on "Guns of Navarone"

So much for democracy! :angry:

This is what we were told before the poll.:

In response to the other thread regarding which music gets played when we enter the field, and when we score a goal, I've been speaking with Alan Hardy, and He has agreed we can run a Poll and whichever songs win will get played at BP next season.

Can we not get onto someone about the lack of Navarone? <_<

No doubt Phill will take it up with AH.

Anyone who was at a certain wedding reception a few weeks ago, will know what Franny's reaction (and feelings about the song) was when a few of us cheekily asked for him to put on "Guns of Navarone"

im sorry but it shouldnt be upto him not to play it if he doesnt like it....i dont like half the songs played on radio stations,but they still play it.

the facts cannot be ignored.if the club announced officially that we had a vote to decide on the music and the resulting winner isnt played,then everybody should inundate the club asking why it is not happening.....that way once you get a response from the club the matter can be put to bed once and for all....

at the end of the day you go to a football match to watch football,and see your team do well...not to listen to music..

Today the teams came out to Mouldy Old Dough at the start of both halves, in accordance with the Poll result.

Amidst the euphoria after Whitaker's stunning goal, I don't recall hearing Guns of Navarone, but I was too busy giving it both barrels to two Leicester fans sat in front of me that I may have missed it.

Can anyone confirm whether G of N was played after our goal?

Today the teams came out to Mouldy Old Dough at the start of both halves, in accordance with the Poll result.

Amidst the euphoria after Whitaker's stunning goal, I don't recall hearing Guns of Navarone, but I was too busy giving it both barrels to two Leicester fans sat in front of me that I may have missed it.

Can anyone confirm whether G of N was played after our goal?

Does it really matter at all?! I'm glad we can't hear some ridiculous feel good song playing when we score, doesn't add anything to the atmosphere.

Does it really matter at all?! I'm glad we can't hear some ridiculous feel good song playing when we score, doesn't add anything to the atmosphere.

I agree, but it was decided that there was going to be goal celebration music whether we agreed with it or not. Accepting that fact, then yes it matters because the Club said the music selected in the poll would be played, not some other tune as happened at previous games.

Guest sheridans_world
Guns was definitely played today after our goal. I guarantee it. Heard it clear as day in the main stand.

Not in the chaddy it wasnt, it sounded like something from 'Franny's disco for 6 year-olds'

Talking about music etc being played, what do people feel about "let's get ready to rumble" played at kick off (both halfs)? Personally I wince with embarrassment everytime it starts to BOOM out!

So do I, and as you've brought up the subject of :censored:e music, I prefer this version. B):grin:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m_sJmIQrH54

I hate mouldy old dough. Tradition my arse. I bet all the away fans that hear it will just think we bum whippets all day long.......

Clubbed to Death by Rob Duggan. Play the strings bit and then let the fellas run out when the drums kick in. Love it.

• 2 weeks later...