Fagan

Guthrie broke fagans leg with the horror tackle on sat, guthrie should not be allowed to play until fagan is back in action.

sorted.

Up until when you know there was an injury that tackle was hilarious in it's complete lack of subtlety.

In the words of a Liverpool supporting colleague: "That's why we got rid of him, he can't control himself".

He's got away without any additional suspension which is unbelievable.

I believe his defence went something like this:

"I didn't mean to break his leg. Joey Barton had been teaching me that tackle in training all week but I didn't think I could possibly execute it to the level he did".

I suppose what you have to do is look at the horror of the tackle rather than the results. I'd have called his challenge petulant rather than overaggressive. I've seen Chris Taylor do far worse challenges.

Petulant rather than over aggressive?

What, so chasing after the player and having one swipe, not nailing him hard enought so chasing him further and wellying him as hard as possible?

Ok, if you say so. :shock:

Petulant rather than over aggressive?

What, so chasing after the player and having one swipe, not nailing him hard enought so chasing him further and wellying him as hard as possible?

Ok, if you say so. :shock:

I think you know what I mean. The sideways swipe is far from the two footed knee level attempt to finish someone's career that has been seen by such players as Chris Taylor, Michael Essien (oh the irony that it is his knee ligaments that are goosed) and the lad that mutilated Eduardo. Alright there was more intent from Guthrie, but generally a sideways kick won't break someones leg.

It was a nasty challenge, but you have to give these some form of relativity.