no credit from di matteo ?

It's not like he played down our performance, he was reflecting on his own team's problems. If we lose this season I wouldn't expect Shez to blame the quality of the opposition over our own faults. Like JoeLatics said, he's given us respect when he said "teams like Oldham", implying that you don't get many chances again us and you need to score penalties when you get them.

RDM gave you an awful lot of credit pre-match in our local press, and declared the fixture as easily being our biggest game of the season so far.

It's been a fairly unsteady pre-season down here and RDM had very little time (and only three friendlies) to assess his squad and decide what he needed to add. Combine that with the Keith Andrews saga that seemed to drag on forever, and it's fairly clear our gaffer has enough to worry about closer to home.

If you do feel like having your ego massaged though, I'll happily pitch in and tell you that you were the best organised team we've met so far and had the ability to mix up various aspects of your game at will. I thought we played reasonably well, yet never saw us coming away with anything and that's fairly significant praise indeed.

And if you ever want to offload Gregan, be sure to give Di Matteo a call first. An absolute dinosaur of a player, but one that any fan would want in their side.

RDM gave you an awful lot of credit pre-match in our local press, and declared the fixture as easily being our biggest game of the season so far.

It's been a fairly unsteady pre-season down here and RDM had very little time (and only three friendlies) to assess his squad and decide what he needed to add. Combine that with the Keith Andrews saga that seemed to drag on forever, and it's fairly clear our gaffer has enough to worry about closer to home.

If you do feel like having your ego massaged though, I'll happily pitch in and tell you that you were the best organised team we've met so far and had the ability to mix up various aspects of your game at will. I thought we played reasonably well, yet never saw us coming away with anything and that's fairly significant praise indeed.

And if you ever want to offload Gregan, be sure to give Di Matteo a call first. An absolute dinosaur of a player, but one that any fan would want in their side.

You again?

You are becoming a closet Latics fan :grin:

It is a bit like the Americans who all seem to be "Oirish Americans" or trace their roots back to someone who has a history :lol:

For an amusing review of Gregan check out the broadsheet review thread. Cannot remember which online paper it was, Times or Telegraph, but it contains a great comment about Greegs.

You again?

It is a bit like the Americans who all seem to be "Oirish Americans" or trace their roots back to someone who has a history :lol:

I'll suggest to Gregan that he makes the move upon receipt of 300 letters from SW postcodes stating they regularly travel to MK to watch football. I suspect I will see Lee Hughes doing the splits without grimacing first.

You again?

I always lurk for a day or two after playing a side that has a decent fans forum (and this is definitely one of the better ones) but I'll be returning to the Colchester effort in a day or so to read the build-up for this coming weekend. Little chance of cleansing myself of any more plasticity in their new meccano box of a ground though! At least our unfinished effort gives us something to boast about - We don't really have much else!

I should be lurking in here again around early March. Good luck until then!

I always lurk for a day or two after playing a side that has a decent fans forum (and this is definitely one of the better ones) but I'll be returning to the Colchester effort in a day or so to read the build-up for this coming weekend. Little chance of cleansing myself of any more plasticity in their new meccano box of a ground though! At least our unfinished effort gives us something to boast about - We don't really have much else!

I should be lurking in here again around early March. Good luck until then!

It has been good to hear your views. I am afraid I can't bring myself to wish your football team any luck for the coming season, but I hope that you and your family are well.

Look forward to hearing from you again.

OI! You said former Wimbledon fans, not former Wimbledon fans residing in SW19!!

I wasn't aware that the world and his dog commuted from all corners of the planet to watch Wimbledon grind it out at Selhurst, in fact, as I said, the evidence of my own eyes was that none bar a literal handful were still watching before the club was abolished. If you are maintaining otherwise you are being highly irregular with your use of the truth. Do you mean that some of the people who go to Franchise now profess to having liked the team beforehand? That's like saying that if Manchester United moved to Colchester it would be OK because a lot of their former fans would go to the game.

I wasn't aware that the world and his dog commuted from all corners of the planet to watch Wimbledon grind it out at Selhurst, in fact, as I said, the evidence of my own eyes was that none bar a literal handful were still watching before the club was abolished. If you are maintaining otherwise you are being highly irregular with your use of the truth. Do you mean that some of the people who go to Franchise now profess to having liked the team beforehand? That's like saying that if Manchester United moved to Colchester it would be OK because a lot of their former fans would go to the game.

In truth, you'll find many of my fellow plastics claiming significantly higher numbers than the approximation of 2-300 that I suggested myself. I'm confident my own estimate is pretty much there really. Remember I haven't tried to justify anything at all while having the privilege of posting here. I've only tried to give you answers to the issues you've raised and I've done so with honesty.

Let's be as clear as we can here - The move to Milton Keynes was an insipid and questionable solution but for the Norwegian chaps who were sold a pup by Sam Hamman, it was the only solution available. Are we wrong to support the decision? Globally, the answer is a definite Yes! But if only one former Wimbledon FC fan continues to accept the current scenario as a continuation or progression of their former side, I'm obliged to accept that the concept was viable.

For the record, I know of at least half a dozen former Wimbledon fans who chose to follow the AFC Wimbledon route, but decided to defect to football in Milton Keynes for a variety of reasons. Predominantly, they feel that the managerial, coaching and playing staff that continued to represent Wimbledon in Milton Keynes itself before the name change were the real deal. Their words, not mine. I've made my case abundantly clear in terms of my refusal to pass judgement on a set of fans who had little choice but to follow their own hearts, no matter where it led them.

I don't mind if you view me as being below you, or if you feel I'm not a real football fan. You're genuinely entitled to say what you feel and I'll defend your right to do so. Being from Croydon, you're probably better equppied than me to make certain judgements anyway. But I continue to stress that I won't take responsibility for the actions of those that made the whole situation arise in the first place. Show me a football club without the proverbial skeleton in the closet, and I'll down my giant foam hand and souvenir Wembley mouse-mat and follow them instead.

You mean this one Telegraph.co.uk

that's quite a good piece... best bit..

..............In between, Sean Gregan, 34, and Mark Crossley, approaching his 40th birthday, resisted the best a lively Dons could muster. Gregan, gloriously evoking the days when centre-halves resembled Russian shot-putters and treated centre-forwards like Georgian dissidents...........,