Stockport Away

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked with the club and a decision still hasnt been made for the game on the 4th October.

Sale Sharks have a fixture with Cardiff due to kick off on the same day at the same time??????

HOW BAD IS THAT!!!!

Well it's pretty poor that a decision still hasn't been made, I mean we've had our game at Carlisle moved and that's in April!

It's not the schedulers fault I think because IIRC the Sale game is a cup one.

Well it's pretty poor that a decision still hasn't been made, I mean we've had our game at Carlisle moved and that's in April!

It's not the schedulers fault I think because IIRC the Sale game is a cup one.

Has there been anything on the official site, Ive seen nothing. Will be bad if that is moved to a Friday night?

If it can't be on Saturday (doubt Sale Sharks will move a televised cup-tie), then Sunday will probably be better, with neither City nor United playing. Friday evening is a bad time to travel and roads are packed with commuters and weekenders around Stockport (M60, A6, A34 etc).

It will mean two Sunday fixtures in a row, with Hereford home game having been switched to Sunday 12th.

From the Stockport fans site...

My mate who is travelling from London for this game and wants to make their travel arrangements emailed the club about when the Oldham game was taking place and got the reply that "negotiations with Oldham for a revised date are proving problematic and nothing is in place yet"

County MB

If it can't be on Saturday (doubt Sale Sharks will move a televised cup-tie), then Sunday will probably be better, with neither City nor United playing. Friday evening is a bad time to travel and roads are packed with commuters and weekenders around Stockport (M60, A6, A34 etc).

It will mean two Sunday fixtures in a row, with Hereford home game having been switched to Sunday 12th.

i hate sunday games with a passion but in stockports case it is the better option.

Sod the egg chasing 3pm saturday is for football

My mate who is travelling from London for this game and wants to make their travel arrangements emailed the club about when the Oldham game was taking place and got the reply that "negotiations with Oldham for a revised date are proving problematic and nothing is in place yet"

County MB

basically the club want a Friday night game, but the police dont? or Visa versa?

County MB

It's a right ball ache. Lots of :oasissign1: ould be up for this but it’s going to be full price trains by the time it gets announced. It’s awkward even to do it stopping over, would need to leave work early on Friday in case it’s then (missing cheap later trains) and have to catch an expensive Sunday evening train when it might be practical to get a cheaper Saturday one. So all in all, :angry:

It's a right ball ache. Lots of :oasissign1: ould be up for this but it’s going to be full price trains by the time it gets announced. It’s awkward even to do it stopping over, would need to leave work early on Friday in case it’s then (missing cheap later trains) and have to catch an expensive Sunday evening train when it might be practical to get a cheaper Saturday one. So all in all, :angry:

I have heard from a reliable source that this game is 80% certain to be on Friday night. thats Bollocks

Assuming you dont have a car, why not rent one between 4 of you oasis lads? I bet you could get an Astra or something for the weekend with fuel there and back for £200.

I bet you have never considered that :unsure:

if its on a Friday night it will ruin everything for me and my mates, we had an elaborate plan, the supporters of the team that loses has to do a forfeit, but if none of us could make it (Friday kick-off), then thats the biggest game to look forward to all season unattended by all of us

Big time. I'm travelling from Dublin to see that game! If its on Sunday I'm sunk - nephew's christening! Come on Fri or sat. God-damn rugby heads!

this is John from Dublin, thought I was the only mad fan travelling, do you go to many matches, where are you in Dubs maybe we could meet up? I'm on the Southside

this is John from Dublin, thought I was the only mad fan travelling, do you go to many matches, where are you in Dubs maybe we could meet up? I'm on the Southside

I'm travelling from the US for this match! Sod the egg-chasers - Saturday afternoon it should be. (Or Friday night, on the lash after...)

whos ground is it who ever ground it is they should decide i hope it is on a Saturday

The ground is owned by Sale Sharks.

The lease, I am led to believe, allows Stockport priority over the fixtures should a clash arise.

Stockport hate playing after Sale (who are often televised on the Friday night) as the egg chasers mess up the pitch big time.

Stockport do have a tradition of playing on Friday nights, although have played most games in recent years on Saturday.

what a load of crap! Have only just found out about this. Have had my train tickets booked for weeks. A group of us were doing this and then hopping a cab to Old Trafford for the RL. Looks like a good solid 5 hours drinking in Manchester on the Saturday afternoon then.

If Stockport have first dibs on the fixture why are they rolling over for what would have been one of their biggest gates of the season?? Get back to League 2 you amateurs.