Stockport Away

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't often post, but have to add here. Am so not happy with this decision. Excluding those who couldn't make the Saturday for personal reasons this is not good for (as far as I can see) anyone. We expect our games to be Saturday 3pm, give or take the odd one. The odd one is usually linked to internationals and the like. Us playing at Stockport on the Friday WILL have an effect on attendance. Yes, our attendance may be ok, but would be excellent if was Saturday. Of course, if Stockport were /are choosing to give us a low number of tickets for a different reason (to avoid away support being detrimental to them) then maybe it doesn't matter. But does anyone surely think this is the case? This decision has angered me (I am posting on here and as you know this doesn't happen often!!) because surely it highlights the real issue between ground sharing and regarding when football is played.

Incidentally, am I going? Not sure yet. I definitely was when it was Saturday (my best away days have been Saturdays and a good few at Stockport too!) now, maybe I will, not sure. Depends on those I go to games with really.

Am one not happy fan!

Not only am I going to struggle to get to BP before 5pm Monday (moving back to Uni in Salford tomorrow) - I won't have an NUS card available for at least a flipping week.

I have a Salford Uni card though, does anyone know if I can use that? And also order ticket over the phone/online/without having to get the train from Salford Crescent>Werneth and walk down to BP, just to pick the ticket up? :angry:

Not only am I going to struggle to get to BP before 5pm Monday (moving back to Uni in Salford tomorrow) - I won't have an NUS card available for at least a flipping week.

I have a Salford Uni card though, does anyone know if I can use that? And also order ticket over the phone/online/without having to get the train from Salford Crescent>Werneth and walk down to BP, just to pick the ticket up? :angry:

If It Says NUS On Your Uni Card You Will be Fine Mate. My Mate who Is Unfortunatly A Stockport Fan Uses His Uni Card For Student Tickets.

So I think You'll Be Ok.

If It Says NUS On Your Uni Card You Will be Fine Mate. My Mate who Is Unfortunatly A Stockport Fan Uses His Uni Card For Student Tickets.

So I think You'll Be Ok.

Balls! Forgot about that, applied for my new NUS last week but i'm on placement next week and have to pick it up from Oxford Road in person, bugger! Although the student I.D. card should be enough and it does have MMUnion on it so that should be enough and any most turnstile operators couldn't give a monkey's!

Well it worked when I was at Salford Uni so its worth a bash.

So where are those who tend to create most of the atmosphere at away games intending to sit? Uncovered behind the goal or covered down the side? I'll probably get my tickets tomorrow and would like to be where all the noise is if possible.

Latics & England and I have got covered tickets.

Well it worked when I was at Salford Uni so its worth a bash.

I went Salford too. Good times...

Is this all-ticket or can we pay on the day? Or can the tickets be bought online? I can't get down to BP until Udders match...

Edit: Note to self: check all the posts before replying... :grin:

Edited by martjs

when eyres got taht free kick last minute - happy memories, loopked on the pitch and couldnt see anything for burberry caps

Ha ha ... that was the only time I have encroached on pitch to celebrate a goal (not on about full-time whistle stuff)... there must have been a hundred or more of us on there...not just chavs in burberrys either..my mate's glasses fell off his head in the melee.....I'm sure he was still searching for them on the half-way line when ball was being put back on the centre spot.

i only chose salford uni because it was close to Latics and clearly a lot of others did too!

will give the ticket office a ring whenever i get chance/they're open and see what the official line is.

also i tip my hat to laticslee, thanks for your offer mate; will reply to your PM.

Keep the Faith!

i only chose salford uni because it was close to Latics and clearly a lot of others did too!

Yep, that was definitely a factor.

I remember finishing a final exam in Maxwell Hall and paying a fellow student to drive me to Barlows to get the coach to Shrewsbury... Needless to say we lost!

I used to think that was impressive til I read Bob's helicopter story in the other thread...