John Terry / Mark Halsey

So John gets away with the rugby tackle. Halsey now dropped three divisions this weekend. Not good enough for the Prem, sod it, the Football League will have to deal with him instead.

Oh and don't forget, Respect!

See here

Can all refs remember, John is the England captain and bad foul or not, he must stay on the pitch <_<

Wonder which ref will dare send him off next time.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

So John gets away with the rugby tackle. Halsey now dropped three divisions this weekend. Not good enough for the Prem, sod it, the Football League will have to deal with him instead.

Oh and don't forget, Respect!

See here

Can all refs remember, John is the England captain and bad foul or not, he must stay on the pitch <_<

Wonder which ref will dare send him off next time.

To be fair, he sent him off for "serious foul play". What he did was not serious foul play. It was seriously cynical play, but he was never going to hurt the player.

In the spirit of the game, the red should have been upheld. Regardless of it not being serious foul play or a professional foul, it was a deliberate attempt to stop the player. All this says is that its ok to tackle like that. Halsey made the right call.

He was sent off for serious foul play. Under the current regulations it clearly wasn't. Wrong call. It looked as though there was serious back covering going on, as to me he in no way sent him off for that. I reckon he sent him off for a professional foul, and then changed his story on reflection/TV pictures.

Seems the suspension has been removed but the red card will stand on his record. As the ref was asked by Keith Hackett to over rule it himself and said no, Hackett removed the suspension himself and for Halsey as a result of sticking by his decision was put in League Two!

As I say, Respect! It's going well isn't it.

He purposely rugby tackled the player, Terry knew exactly what he was doing which in my book should be a red card. Just to add a point though.....I can't stand Terry he just gets my goat.

Rugby tackled? :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16:

I bet all rugby players wished their opposite numbers tackled like that! :wink:

The fouled player went down like he'd been shot after taking another 2 steps after Terry had released him.

It was cynical, but most definitely not serious foul play. It was most definitely no worse than the 2nd yellow card offence which saw Vidic dismissed at Anfield earlier in the day.

Anywhere else on the field and it's a yellow card.

Terry is a right tosser, but I'm not even sure that deserved a yellow. It was closer to ironing out a crease in the bloke's shirt than a rugby tackle. Any centreback in that position is going to get in the way and try to obstruct him a little bit on the way past but he didn't actually bring him down.