how far have you gone......

well back in 1980 it was a year since my dad died and there was a rememberance at his grave stone which , in jewish law (i think) is only put on a grave stone 1year after a person dies , well latics were playing newcastle away that saturday , and i had to be at the rememberance in the morning , with no way i could get to st james pk , so as the cemertry was at agecroft , and there are big playing fields near by , i checked up 3days before how to hire a helicopter to take me up to the match , it cost me 300 quid to hire one and it got me up to st james park 10mins before kickoff and i had a ticket waiting for me by john ryan , if i am right we lost 2-0...

well back in 1980 it was a year since my dad died and there was a rememberance at his grave stone which , in jewish law (i think) is only put on a grave stone 1year after a person dies , well latics were playing newcastle away that saturday , and i had to be at the rememberance in the morning , with no way i could get to st james pk , so as the cemertry was at agecroft , and there are big playing fields near by , i checked up 3days before how to hire a helicopter to take me up to the match , it cost me 300 quid to hire one and it got me up to st james park 10mins before kickoff and i had a ticket waiting for me by john ryan , if i am right we lost 2-0...

I'm not even bothering after that.....

Awesome.

:bob::imnotworthy:

Bob that was nothing for you.

Together with my good lady, you were the only speactators watching the supporters team in Paris in '82, when despite meticulous planning we set off 2 players short following their (cough) arrest an hour before departure.

I'm sure you resisted offers to play in that tournament and god knows we were short following the 2 "detainments" but your sterling backing of the team from the stands helped us reach the final against our friends from Frankfurt who co-incidently shared the camp site with us.

So 1 weekend, 1,000 miles to watch a bunch of your mates representing the tics in a european tournament. Now thats going a long way.

Oh and that p*ss up with the Gemans on the camp site after the final was something else. I still don't know how I drove home the following day. :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

Bob that was nothing for you.

Together with my good lady, you were the only speactators watching the supporters team in Paris in '82, when despite meticulous planning we set off 2 players short following their (cough) arrest an hour before departure.

I'm sure you resisted offers to play in that tournament and god knows we were short following the 2 "detainments" but your sterling backing of the team from the stands helped us reach the final against our friends from Frankfurt who co-incidently shared the camp site with us.

So 1 weekend, 1,000 miles to watch a bunch of your mates representing the tics in a european tournament. Now thats going a long way.

Oh and that p*ss up with the Gemans on the camp site after the final was something else. I still don't know how I drove home the following day. :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

, if i remember 1player was mike kemp , i was the team physio with the magic sponge and spray , and whats your wifes name ? but i do remember the piss up with the germans .. Edited by boboafc

Mine's a pathetic 750 mile round trip to Bristol Rovers last season. Following lorries as their lights were all I could see. Back by five. Up and in work by seven thirty. All for a one nil defeat. Great.

erm which is furthest brighton or torquay lol lost both times so i wont be goin again to a far match, unless its really important that is. oh also went QPR in the playoffs. another defeat in a far away game.

, if i remember 1player was mike kemp , i was the team physio with the magic sponge and spray , and whats your wifes name ? but i do remember the piss up with the germans ..

PM me and I will tell ya.

Oh and Mick wasn't in the team in '82.

Cheers,

Harry.

P.S. the "green Shirt" bit may be a clue bob

hang on 1min , i remember you saying you need to ask your mum if its okay to go with someone to an away match , now you say you misssed your sons birth ?????( this is for wenks)

You would have though such a commited fan would have been at Hartlepool wouldn't you.

*Thanking my lucky stars no poor soul has Wenks for a dad yet*

In my opinion Wenks is too stupid, too great an idiot, to be genuine. I think he's a wind up....a good one at that who has got to me and plenty others.

Note for Bob: if you click on fast reply at the bottom you wont have to quote the previous poster. Or you can just delete the 'quote text' that appears. Hope this isn't patronising :lol: Just that you reply to ladylover then specify your post as being to Wanks.