A neutral who came to the game with me (Rangers fan), asked me after about twenty minutes if Lomax was a natural LB or if he was just filling in for someone, as he looked very uncomfortable there.

Are you sure he wasn’t actually trying to find out if Lomax was a Catholic? Typical bigotry from a Rangers fan.

:lol: yep id completely forgotten that!! Ooops sorry.

My tumble-weed stays though for the Lomax at CB comment.

must be just me then eh,but i thought lomax was a defender,not a left back.

he natural position is right back,but like hazell can play anywhere along the back four,it was merely an option as to give byrne a chance at left back without having to drop lomax.

with greegs being banned for 3 matches it means change is a necessity,and with byrne getting good press from shez it would appear he will be playing ahead of stam.

but i certainly wouldnt drop lomax for stam after one dodgy game,the lad deserves his place on the team,he has been good all season long so far.

must be just me then eh,but i thought lomax was a defender,not a left back.

he natural position is right back,but like hazell can play anywhere along the back four,it was merely an option as to give byrne a chance at left back without having to drop lomax.

with greegs being banned for 3 matches it means change is a necessity,and with byrne getting good press from shez it would appear he will be playing ahead of stam.

but i certainly wouldnt drop lomax for stam after one dodgy game,the lad deserves his place on the team,he has been good all season long so far.

Think Lomax is a full back rather than defender. Hazel can play CB and RB because he has the the physique for it you wouldn't want Lomax having to compete for crosses against a big centre forward just like you wouldn't want Gregan chasing quick wingers. From what I have heard from Byrne and this is going purely of what people on this site have said he is more comfortable at Centre Half but can play LB so is their to keep Lomax on his toes, incase he lets his performance drop.