Anyone have any ideas wtf temple boy was doin for their second goal ?

because i dont. Also made me think when their keeper made a wondersave from taylor in the second half that Crossley wouldnt have got anywhere near it so surely we need a better keeper.

Penatly save hero to villan in a week - harsh game football.

To be honest hard to see properly from other end, but looked like a half-decent save on to the woodwork from a short range effort and the rebound was popped in.

We have a keeper who is supposed to be decent on the bench, and Shez prefers Crossley, who to be fair after the debacle of the opening day has looked good enough to me,

It was similar to one of the goals from Millwall it was easy all he had to was catch it or knock it over the bar and he just flails his arms in panic he's supposed to be experienced for god sake i mean im not expecting him to save anything that goes anywhere near the corners but he should be dealing with stuff like that. Once against Millwall can just say is unlucky, twice however is poor goalkeeping.

because i dont. Also made me think when their keeper made a wondersave from taylor in the second half that Crossley wouldnt have got anywhere near it so surely we need a better keeper.

Really.

I thought Crossley made a decent initial save, pushing the ball up and onto the bar. My question would be where the hell were our defenders when their player followed up to basically tap in.

Get off Crossley's back. Your in the wrong Church. :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

Can't comment on this game but having seen both keepers this season I know I'd much rather have Crossley between the posts at the moment than Fleming, Greg is not ready I feel and Crossley has saved our bacon plenty of times so far.

Then i would bring a new keeper in. I like Crossley but he isnt a very good goalkeeper anymore.

Think you should be questioning the team as a whole,in that few minutes Crossley may as well have had the Keystone cops in front of him.

To have a go at him alone is a little unfair don't you think??

Whilst everyone is panicking and playing :censored: for a period of time you would expect Crossley with his experienced to calm everyone down but the defence must have no confidence in him whatsoever.

Then i would bring a new keeper in. I like Crossley but he isnt a very good goalkeeper anymore.

He still a very good keeper, I have had had my doubts about him in the past until recently and he is prone to the odd clanger, not being able to move quick enough to stop some shots but he is still more than good enough at this level.

He has been in goal that had only conceeded 5 goals in 6 games, 3 in one game to Millwall this season.

Really.

I thought Crossley made a decent initial save, pushing the ball up and onto the bar. My question would be where the hell were our defenders when their player followed up to basically tap in.

Get off Crossley's back. Your in the wrong Church. :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

Yep that was my view of the incident too. Crossley when on form is one of (if not the best) keepers in this divison and I think he helps out a lot off the pitch as someone who the youngsters can look up too (he seems to do a fair bit of publicity too). Crossley did not play as well as he can do today but he was better than their goalie. I do feel he should have gone the other way for the penalty as I felt it was obvious that Porter was putting it there- (think he might be like Redfearn- always goes the same way) and it was not the best penalty which I think he would have saved if he had gone the other way. Then again that's a 50/50 call and so even non-goalies like me can be right some of the time. Has people have mentioned yes he has conceded a few this season but 4 clean sheets in 7 games is a ratio that would give him about 30 clean sheets in a season which could well be some kind of record (and I mean nationally as opposed to Latics).

Yep that was my view of the incident too. Crossley when on form is one of (if not the best) keepers in this divison and I think he helps out a lot off the pitch as someone who the youngsters can look up too (he seems to do a fair bit of publicity too). Crossley did not play as well as he can do today but he was better than their goalie. I do feel he should have gone the other way for the penalty as I felt it was obvious that Porter was putting it there- (think he might be like Redfearn- always goes the same way) and it was not the best penalty which I think he would have saved if he had gone the other way. Then again that's a 50/50 call and so even non-goalies like me can be right some of the time. Has people have mentioned yes he has conceded a few this season but 4 clean sheets in 7 games is a ratio that would give him about 30 clean sheets in a season which could well be some kind of record (and I mean nationally as opposed to Latics).

Check out Refearns penalties from the 1990-91 season. He put 1 penalty in all four corners.

Cheers,

Harry

Aye ok. But how many times do we say go that way and it goes the opposite way ... i know i shouted the wrong way last week :grin:. No point in saying i felt he should have gone the opposite way though ... hardly his fault.

Yeah I say go one way and the bloke puts it the other quite regularly (though I'm usually quite good at getting score and miss right if I don't care on the result). Sometimes I do feel it was more obvious (by body language and positioning of the kicker) which way he is going to put the pen than a standard 50/50 and felt this was one of those times. Crossley did show last week he is good at saving pens and felt given his high standard that maybe he could have done better today but I will accept saving a penalty is a treat and not something which is to be expected its not like he gave it away.

Is Lordy going for the most desperate attempts at 'wooshing' in one night or something? Christ on a bike.

Certainly a bit of Wenks-Lordy tag teaming going on <_<

It's worth talking about though, I also see that a couple of weeks unbeaten at the top of the league, raises the fans expectations from "Hey, we're playing alright! Top of the league - COME ON!" to "Mmm, we should be beating Hartlepool in their own back yard"

I dunno...

:lol:

We should be picking up a point at places like Hartlepool if we want to win this league. Job done.

We shouldn't be throwing away 2 goal leads anywhere. Something to look at in training and work on. Still, got a point so not the end of the world.

If we can get a better player for any position (within the normal financial constraints of the club) then we should do so. If that means ditiching Crossley, fine with me. If such a keeper doesn't exist / isn't available, I'm happy with Norm.

Out of interest, did anybody think our bench was a little unbalanced yesterday, given our large squad? 3 attack minded players and only one untested defender. Shez out!