Anyone have any ideas wtf temple boy was doin for their second goal ?

Certainly a bit of Wenks-Lordy tag teaming going on <_<

It's worth talking about though, I also see that a couple of weeks unbeaten at the top of the league, raises the fans expectations from "Hey, we're playing alright! Top of the league - COME ON!" to "Mmm, we should be beating Hartlepool in their own back yard"

I dunno...

:lol:

Champions league by 2012 or sack the lot.............

It was similar to one of the goals from Millwall it was easy all he had to was catch it or knock it over the bar and he just flails his arms in panic he's supposed to be experienced for god sake i mean im not expecting him to save anything that goes anywhere near the corners but he should be dealing with stuff like that. Once against Millwall can just say is unlucky, twice however is poor goalkeeping.

Sorry but I completely disagree blaming Crosso for the Millwall goal - at first sight looked like may have been his fault but having seen it a couple of more times, the angle the ball came down from after the deflection, no goally would have been able to do anything about it - cannot comment on yesterday but what I have seen from him this season, pretty faultless - you are being far too harsh on Crosso. WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

We should be picking up a point at places like Hartlepool if we want to win this league. Job done.

We shouldn't be throwing away 2 goal leads anywhere. Something to look at in training and work on. Still, got a point so not the end of the world.

If we can get a better player for any position (within the normal financial constraints of the club) then we should do so. If that means ditiching Crossley, fine with me. If such a keeper doesn't exist / isn't available, I'm happy with Norm.

Out of interest, did anybody think our bench was a little unbalanced yesterday, given our large squad? 3 attack minded players and only one untested defender. Shez out!

I agree about the bench mate, I thought the midfield in the most part was poor yesterday, Whitaker was in and out of the game and Allott was suffering profoundly from colour-blindness, so where the flying wotsit was Maher? Or Lee or Stephens? Having said that we dug-in and gained a point we would not have got in previous seasons and the lads and stiocking together in the face of adversity. That's twice we've down to 10 men and twice we've looked the more likely to win.

As for Crossley, I was his biggest critic at the start of last season, Marlon came in and showed how fit a 38 year old keeper can be. He realised he would have to step up a level and not just get away with playing games and not doing any real training. Since then he's been superb, yes he's dropped the odd bollock but look at Van Der Sar last week, it happens to all keepers. If I had to be critical yeaterday the first goal he reacted slowly but being 100+ yards away with a crap low view I may be wrong, the second he made a great save but couldn't make the rebound, penalty? Well that's a lottery 'aint it? Mark my words, keep Norm, Gregan, Hughes and Liddell fit and we'll be there or thereabouts. Mad 5 minute spells happen, for those of old enough last time we won the League we had mad 5 minute spells at Oxford and Newcastle etc... yet it wasn't the end of the world and despite all the whining and finger-pointing yesterday we got a point, a point gained despite being harshly reduced to 10 men. Any point away from home is one gained and with three out of four now at home, we have a real chance to push on. Can't wait!

KTF

because i dont. Also made me think when their keeper made a wondersave from taylor in the second half that Crossley wouldnt have got anywhere near it so surely we need a better keeper.

He did well to get a hand on it in the first place to knock it on the bar as his body was moving away from the ball. Were was the support running in for the re-bound?

Just seen the goal on the tv, the tip on to the bar looked pretty weak to me.

At the time it looked like a cracking save and then no defenders followed up.

On TV it looks as though he has got too strong a hand on it which is why it hits the bar. If his had was slightly weaker, it would have glanced over the bar.

Win some, lose some. In many ways a disappointing result, in many other ways, a fantastic point.

Thats my point he got a big hand to it and still didnt deal with it and this is when he does manage to reach the ball.

How dare the keeper make a mistake.... Whittaker gives a pass astray - no problems, Allot mises a tackle - no problems, however the keeper makes 1/2 mistakes in a game and generally it is a goal - a bad keeper now is he??? OK! :unsure:

Check out Refearns penalties from the 1990-91 season. He put 1 penalty in all four corners.

Cheers,

Harry

That's impressive!

Oh - you mean four different penalties? :blink:

As for Crossley - I make it two mistakes this season that could arguably have cost us a goal. That's not bad, and I still back him as one of the best at this level.

That's impressive!

Oh - you mean four different penalties? :blink:

As for Crossley - I make it two mistakes this season that could arguably have cost us a goal. That's not bad, and I still back him as one of the best at this level.

Haha. Thats the problem with people sometimes. They take things literally rather than looking at what is said.

So just to clarify my point. Redfern took four different penalties and put 1 penalty in the bottom left corner, 1 penalty in the top left corner, 1 penalty in the botton right corner and 1 penalty in the top right corner.

I hope everyone accepts my apologies for the original post being unclear and I trust that the above explanation clarifies things for everyone. :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

...for those of old enough last time we won the League we had mad 5 minute spells at Oxford

God yeah! 1-5 defeat... the Jim Magilton show.

Other than the mad 5 minutes (which was actually 7, but hey who cares?) we defended pretty well against a very threatening Hartlepool side. Things like this do happen in football.

because i dont. Also made me think when their keeper made a wondersave from taylor in the second half that Crossley wouldnt have got anywhere near it so surely we need a better keeper.

Get a bloody grip man. Their lad did extremely well to get that shot away with power and to get it to dip as it did. Crossley was moving across goal in antication of the ball going past the lad who hit it, and did very well to get a decent hand on it. Extremely unlucky for it to rebound of the bar as it could easily have looped over - but where were our defender following in? Their lad scored the easiest tap in he'll get all season, completely unmarked.

Get off Crossley's back.