TV highlights

Hard to tell anything from the tv highlights,wasn't even in focus. Christ knows where ITV get their camera staff.

Freelance camera operator contracted to each ITV company (Tyne Tees in case of Hartlepool game). Sometimes they use their own staff.

Edited by Fyldelatic

From the angle of the tv camera, Gregan's tackle looks late but more significantly, it looks high. Now I know that's probably just because he was late and stretching and wasn't really intended as a dangerous two foot lunge ... but I can't see it being overturned.

So, three matches out - Byrne or Stam?

Got to admit, I'd have given it. Stupid thing to do in the penalty area, as far as I'm concerned.

Agree - I'd have givenit, and screamed for it the other way. But it was soft in the sense of not needed, and whilst he definitley pulled the shirt I am not sure it was hard enough to impede him.

From the angle of the tv camera, Gregan's tackle looks late but more significantly, it looks high. Now I know that's probably just because he was late and stretching and wasn't really intended as a dangerous two foot lunge ... but I can't see it being overturned.

Based on what I've seen, Stam.

But then I've never seen Byrne play.

I'll be very surprised if Gregans red is overturned, although I still think it was only a yellow card offence having seen it several times.

I'd go with Byrne as replacement for Gregan, he looked steady and assured when he came on Sat and with Stam's recent injury I think it will tip the scales in Byrne's favour.

I'll be very surprised if Gregans red is overturned, although I still think it was only a yellow card offence having seen it several times.

I'd go with Byrne as replacement for Gregan, he looked steady and assured when he came on Sat and with Stam's recent injury I think it will tip the scales in Byrne's favour.

have to say it did look bad on tv....the penalty was soft,but then again any form of contact in the box and players will react or go down so stupid of him with all his experience,you would of thought after missing most of last season with injury and being club captain he would want to play every game and set a good example for the younger players....

so 3 game ban now and if the team kick on again in his absence he might find it hard to get back in,you never know.

the only thing pleasing about all the tv coverage,is that we are still not being given credit or special mentions about being unbeaten or top of the league....the tv people are still fornicating over leeds and leicster,so long may that continue,keeps pressure off us and puts it squarely on there shoulders to perform.