Attendance Saturday

The fact is, however, that the stayaways do remember such performances, so almost repeating one when it just about looks like we might have gone beyond them, isn't all that good an idea.

I doubt many of the stay aways will be on an Oldham Athletic fans message board.

Most stayaways will see the League One table and see us top of it.. that will make them come back. A 3-3 draw AWAY from home you think will put people off? What absolute bollox, I've read some :censored:e on here but that tops it all.

Edited by Butter

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt many of the stay aways will be on an Oldham Athletic fans message board.

Most stayaways will see the League One table and see us top of it.. that will make them come back. A 3-3 draw AWAY from home you think will put people off? What absolute bollox, I've read some :censored:e on here but that tops it all.

Shows what you know Butter. Clean sheets is what the none-hardcore fan wants to see. Not goals or excitement. And least of all a comeback, they hate those.

We've been at the top all season, undefeated and winning handsomely, but the stayaways have yet to turn up. That's what TTA have been complaining about.

I do think there will be more home fans than at previous games this season tommorrow, and I think more still will come back should we sustain our success, but all I've said is that last week's result (the losing of a two goal lead is what's crucial here, not the fact that we got a draw) might have put off some of those who were contemplating it, and these will wait and see if we continue our good run and appear to be serious promotion candidates.

I fail to see why such uncontroversial observations upset so many people.

We've been at the top all season, undefeated and winning handsomely, but the stayaways have yet to turn up. That's what TTA have been complaining about.

I do think there will be more home fans than at previous games this season tommorrow, and I think more still will come back should we sustain our success, but all I've said is that last week's result (the losing of a two goal lead is what's crucial here, not the fact that we got a draw) might have put off some of those who were contemplating it, and these will wait and see if we continue our good run and appear to be serious promotion candidates.

Or people could see we had a man sent off and managed to hold on for a draw at a decent side away from home.

Agree the crowds have been crap, if they dont start turning up now they never will!

Edited by Butter

Or people could see we had a man sent off and managed to hold on for a draw at a decent side away from home.

Agree the crowds have been crap, if they dont start turning up now they never will!

Some will look at it like that, and, as I've said, others will look at a two-nil half-time lead squandered and think, 'same old Latics', and wait a bit longer to see what happens. I'd be surprised if we get more than 6,000 home fans tommorrow.

I don't think we disagree really-apart from me being a bit more pessimistic about my fellow Latics.

The trouble with you is that you think that everybody thinks like you-or ought to.

I think thisis where I have you clearly wrong. We defended a lot of leads under Mr Moore, and the fans left feeling likethey would rather hammer rusty nails through their balls than go back and watch the same next week. That was backed up by ticket sales. Now gates are starting to pick up again, because there are goals, excitement and drama pretty much every week. Every fool knows you leave the ground happier after sneaking a cheeky 93rd minute equaliser that sends the crowd mental than after a horrible win where you have nowt to interest you most of the game. Oldham's style and results at the moment are the model for how to play to attract fans. Loads of goals, fightbacks, win most games. Can you define a better strategy?

Because you come out with so much crap all the time.

The stayaways are turning up.

5367 total attendance for the Milwall game (not sure of the split).

4514 home fans for the Cheltenham game

5225 home fans for the MK game

It's slowly creeping up yet you put the dampers on it by 'predicting' a rubbish attendance tomorrow because we look like we are back to playing like we did under JR- the best form of defence is offence. As soon as we learn to stop trying to defend a lead it will be different.

I fail to see why you have such a bee in your bonnet. I fail to see why you have such a downer on things after 3 home games.

What everyone reckon the attendance will be saturday?

Im saying 8,064

with 1,500 coming from huddersfeild

pushing it out abit but we are top of the league we should be averaging this a week!

Just looking outside the weather is great, a perfect sunny windless day. We're unbeaten and are scoring plenty of goals. There can be no excuses today if we can't get a decent crowd for a local derby then we never will.

It surely must be 8000+!!

I just hope we put in another good performance to keep them coming back...... Fingers crossed!!!!!

Just looking outside the weather is great, a perfect sunny windless day. We're unbeaten and are scoring plenty of goals. There can be no excuses today if we can't get a decent crowd for a local derby then we never will.

It surely must be 8000+!!

I just hope we put in another good performance to keep them coming back...... Fingers crossed!!!!!

And that is the key............that and along with a good FA Cup run with a couple of big scalps whilst stayin at the top of the league...aka 1989-1990 season. I am goin for 7853

And that is the key............that and along with a good FA Cup run with a couple of big scalps whilst stayin at the top of the league...aka 1989-1990 season. I am goin for 7853

Reckon we'll just tip 8,000 myself with just short of 2000 coming over the Pennines. RRE and Main stand look like they are going to be pretty much full so thats 4000 and I would imagine at least 2000+ in the Chaddy.

Should be a good atsmosphere. Fingers crossed we get the right result. If we play as well as we can we should do.

todays attendance from the official site says.....7,418.....5,822 home fans.....1,596 huddersfield fans.

And that's where Mr Corney needs to come clean! It's no good keep harping on about crowds being so low when you fiddle the gate the moment you get one.

3,000+ empty seats ? Do me a favour Simon!!

I think thisis where I have you clearly wrong. We defended a lot of leads under Mr Moore, and the fans left feeling likethey would rather hammer rusty nails through their balls than go back and watch the same next week. That was backed up by ticket sales. Now gates are starting to pick up again, because there are goals, excitement and drama pretty much every week. Every fool knows you leave the ground happier after sneaking a cheeky 93rd minute equaliser that sends the crowd mental than after a horrible win where you have nowt to interest you most of the game. Oldham's style and results at the moment are the model for how to play to attract fans. Loads of goals, fightbacks, win most games. Can you define a better strategy?

No-and I haven't been arguing against any of that. I just don't think that, at this stage, it is going to attract the required numbers, who will come back only when they see a serious promotion challenge being maintained over a long period. I know personally of a few lapsed fans who would have already come back by this stage during the Dowie season, or even the season before last, who are, as the economic situation worsens, adopting a wait-and-see attitude. They know the team is playing good football, not least because I keep telling them.

I doubt if they are the only ones taking this attitude.

Because you come out with so much crap all the time.

The stayaways are turning up.

5367 total attendance for the Milwall game (not sure of the split).

4514 home fans for the Cheltenham game

5225 home fans for the MK game

It's slowly creeping up yet you put the dampers on it by 'predicting' a rubbish attendance tomorrow because we look like we are back to playing like we did under JR- the best form of defence is offence. As soon as we learn to stop trying to defend a lead it will be different.

I fail to see why you have such a bee in your bonnet. I fail to see why you have such a downer on things after 3 home games.

Giving an opinion on an internet board isn't putting the dampers on anything.

If people fail to attend BP because I've said they might not on there, then the club really is in trouble.