Well, thought we got away with that alittle. Definitely werent at the races first half, and we were restricted to half chances which were mainly scuffed.

Second half and it was better, cracking goal from Lidds and from the next 10mins we pressed but after that we seemed to drift out of it, letting Hudds in. Thought Lomax wasnt to good, Lidds had a quiet game (goal apart). OGrady did well but thought the game screamed out for Davies, especially after his hat-trick.

Oh, and after the recent games i would have thought the police would have been more prepared for the after match antics, surprised Hudds werent kept in tbh.

All in all slightly disapointed with a point, however, we are still top, and still unbeaten, and would have definitely taken that at the start of August.

The police must go off reputations, 500 from Millwall kept in yet 1500+ not kept in from Hudds. There were always going to be some trouble.

Think your summary if fairly spot on agree about Davies, There were times were that extra bit of pace and skill could of been vital.

Well, thought we got away with that alittle. Definitely werent at the races first half, and we were restricted to half chances which were mainly scuffed.

Second half and it was better, cracking goal from Lidds and from the next 10mins we pressed but after that we seemed to drift out of it, letting Hudds in. Thought Lomax wasnt to good, Lidds had a quiet game (goal apart). OGrady did well but thought the game screamed out for Davies, especially after his hat-trick.

Oh, and after the recent games i would have thought the police would have been more prepared for the after match antics, surprised Hudds werent kept in tbh.

All in all slightly disapointed with a point, however, we are still top, and still unbeaten, and would have definitely taken that at the start of August.

Everybody would have taken that at the begining of the season but our form is slowly starting to dip. We have one or two young players like Allesandra and Lomax who really need to be rested. Lomax is a good prospect but he is still a right back playing on the left...I thought today he had an absolute mare, the longer the game went on, the worse he got...I thought he was going to give Huddersfield a goal on his own.Allesandra has generally done well but today he was poor and kept the ball far to much when quick distribution was needed.

It's time to start with O'Grady as he deserves his chance,he's a very similar player to Davies but holds it better, and is better in the air. Davies will get his chance and I applaud Shez for leaving him out after his petulance at Rochdale. I hope he's learned a lesson and when he does get back in, I think you'll see a very different player.

It's getting very tight at the top and we could really do with 6 points from the next couple of games, however if we continue to play as we did today we'll not be top much longer.

Shez has to make some tough decisions for the next match and if Byrne is ready I'd slot him in at left back as at the moment we need a little bit more composure in defence.

Gregan was badly missed today and if he'd been playing I think you'd have seen Dickinson hauled off early in the second half as he would have had him in his pocket!!!

It was typical Latics today...whenever we get a decent crowd we just seem to freeze. I heard one or two people make similar comments today...like...'"How the hell are we top of the league" and "I've not been for a while and it'll be while longer before I come again"

However, you have to give some credit to Huddersfield as they made it very difficult for us and closed us down very quickly whilst we gave them far to much space, especially in midfield. On another day we could easily have lost this match, however we didn't, and we're still top. It's a very good sign when you play badly and still keep picking up the points

7400 today...surely it was more than that.....I was in the Chaddy and looking around the ground 1550 from Hudds, about 1300 of ours in RRE and almost capacity in the main stand 2500...was there really room for another 1700 in the Chaddy...it sure didn't seem like it!!!

what happened after match i was already at the car park on sheetfoot lane and all what i heard is fans shoutin come on and police runnin down

It was kicking off all the way up Sheepfoot Lane and unless the police get a grip we'll have more neutrals staying away. There's absolutely no need for it at all...Keep the away fans in at the end for 5 or 10 minutes and it's problem solved!!!

Hope the club don't get blamed for it again!!!

It was kicking off all the way up Sheepfoot Lane and unless the police get a grip we'll have more neutrals staying away. There's absolutely no need for it at all...Keep the away fans in at the end for 5 or 10 minutes and it's problem solved!!!

Hope the club don't get blamed for it again!!!

I have no idea why the police didnt ask for the fans to be kept in, it was blatantly obvious there would be trouble.

Guest oa_exile
so was they proper fighting going on or was it just banter

Yep "real" fighting , false fingers nails and handbags all over the shop :)

Basically it kicked off but was just powder puff stuff , nothing really too serious.

Everybody would have taken that at the begining of the season but our form is slowly starting to dip. We have one or two young players like Allesandra and Lomax who really need to be rested. Lomax is a good prospect but he is still a right back playing on the left...I thought today he had an absolute mare, the longer the game went on, the worse he got...I thought he was going to give Huddersfield a goal on his own.Allesandra has generally done well but today he was poor and kept the ball far to much when quick distribution was needed.

It's time to start with O'Grady as he deserves his chance,he's a very similar player to Davies but holds it better, and is better in the air. Davies will get his chance and I applaud Shez for leaving him out after his petulance at Rochdale. I hope he's learned a lesson and when he does get back in, I think you'll see a very different player.

It's getting very tight at the top and we could really do with 6 points from the next couple of games, however if we continue to play as we did today we'll not be top much longer.

Shez has to make some tough decisions for the next match and if Byrne is ready I'd slot him in at left back as at the moment we need a little bit more composure in defence.

Gregan was badly missed today and if he'd been playing I think you'd have seen Dickinson hauled off early in the second half as he would have had him in his pocket!!!

It was typical Latics today...whenever we get a decent crowd we just seem to freeze. I heard one or two people make similar comments today...like...'"How the hell are we top of the league" and "I've not been for a while and it'll be while longer before I come again"

However, you have to give some credit to Huddersfield as they made it very difficult for us and closed us down very quickly whilst we gave them far to much space, especially in midfield. On another day we could easily have lost this match, however we didn't, and we're still top. It's a very good sign when you play badly and still keep picking up the points

7400 today...surely it was more than that.....I was in the Chaddy and looking around the ground 1550 from Hudds, about 1300 of ours in RRE and almost capacity in the main stand 2500...was there really room for another 1700 in the Chaddy...it sure didn't seem like it!!!

please dont tell me we are now looking to make lomax our next scapegoat - the whole team in the first half bar tats were woeful due to the unknown reason we played the long ball cr*p thought for the majority of the half Joe Kinnear had come to us strange decision to play this way - and why pick out lomax is beyond me no communication between hazell and stam, yes gregan was badly missed and it showed. but lomax has done a good job this season and see no reason to haul him out of the side after today

please dont tell me we are now looking to make lomax our next scapegoat - the whole team in the first half bar tats were woeful due to the unknown reason we played the long ball cr*p thought for the majority of the half Joe Kinnear had come to us strange decision to play this way - and why pick out lomax is beyond me no communication between hazell and stam, yes gregan was badly missed and it showed. but lomax has done a good job this season and see no reason to haul him out of the side after today

He's not a scapegoat and has a bright future but he's young and inexperienced and needs a break.

He was woeful today and he won't play on Friday!!

both teams were poor but they looked more up for it. wasnt impressed and crossley did his best to give me a heart attack by spilling most shots.

One shot in the second half, low down that spilled an inch or two before he gathered with no oppo play near him. Your talking utter rubbish again Lordy ... unless your talking about one of the saves of the season in front of the Chaddy when one down that you felt he should have caught, played quickly to Taylor, who then would have fed Hughes to plant it in he top corner. Added together with Lidds goal .... Crossley cost us two points :angry:

[/b]

One shot in the second half, low down that spilled an inch or two before he gathered with no oppo play near him. Your talking utter rubbish again Lordy ... unless your talking about one of the saves of the season in front of the Chaddy when one down that you felt he should have caught, played quickly to Taylor, who then would have fed Hughes to plant it in he top corner. Added together with Lidds goal .... Crossley cost us two points :angry:

bbc's view

both teams were poor but they looked more up for it. wasnt impressed and crossley did his best to give me a heart attack by spilling most shots.

if by most you mean 1, then yes. However he recovered and claimed it with no hudds player around. He also kept us in the game by making an unbelievable low stop in the first half. Hes one of the players that forms the experienced foundations of our team. Get off his back Brian.