Respect For RRE Season Ticket Holders

Guest oa_exile
I also have a whinge to make...... No surprise there......

4 of us went to the game today. All walked up to the turnstile together. Went 2 either side at the gates.

Once inside 3 of us were on row G and one in DD (i know DD is a great place to be in a lingerie section at Debenhams but not in the RRE).

Mentioned it to the steward and was told tough, sit were your ticket tells you!

I know it was probably our own fault for not mentioning there were 4 of us but i honestly didnt realise it would be allocated seats yestrday. Thought the stewards could have been more helpful though. Oh and my seat was clean enough........

Faith. Keeping it.

Exactly the same problem for the four of us , two seats together and the other two just random.

Didnt deter the Exile though just chose our seats with space around........and since loads decided to make their way to their seats at 15:00 + worked out fine :)

I'm guessing your seat wasn't covered in thick brown dust and bird shat? Mine was. And it wouldn't have taken someone more than an hour to wipe them over with soapy cloth!! Jesus, we're not talking the forth bridge here!!!

It bloody would!

I helped pre-season clean the seats in the Chaddy and it took forever to do one block!

If its that much of a problem all those that moan, how about you go down and clean some seats! Wont be a problem then will there.

Edited by kellys_discopants

Pay to get them cleaned once, pay to get the cleaned a thousand times.

You've obviously never had a seat under the cross beams in the chaddy, then you'd have bird :censored: on your seat.

By the same token then, nobody would ever have their windows or cars cleaned! As has been mentioned elsewhere, if you're expecting customers to pay for a matchday experience, then you should be providing the best possible service you are able to. I don't mind moving stands or seats to accomodate change, and I'm not expecting the RRE to resemble the foyer of the Lowry Hotel. I do however expect not to have to sit in :censored:.

And as for never sitting under the cross beams, is bird :censored: not bird :censored:? Or are there extra :censored:tier birds where you've sat making your experience far more worthy of complaint than mine?

It bloody would!

I helped pre-season clean the seats in the Chaddy and it took forever to do one block!

If its that much of a problem all those that moan, how about you go down and clean some seats! Wont be a problem then will there.

Good call. If we want to help out our club and don't have funds to do so as we'd like, then we can help clean the seats. I'll start the ball rolling and say I am prepared to use 4 hours one day during the week to carry out this task. FOC. Anyone else in and I'll mail AH to arrange.

Good call. If we want to help out our club and don't have funds to do so as we'd like, then we can help clean the seats. I'll start the ball rolling and say I am prepared to use 4 hours one day during the week to carry out this task. FOC. Anyone else in and I'll mail AH to arrange.

it is a good idea lags and its what i was saying earlier in the thread.....either work experience or the club could say we want 20 people,you will get a comp ticket to next home game,if your a season ticket holder make sure you give it a mate.

until friday i would have happily volunteered to go down to bp on most days with me marigolds and some hot soapy water....but i got a job on friday and start monday.....but im still willing to help out providing it doesnt clash with work commitments......

i think most will understand its not a case of saying how crap is the club and its facilities.....we know bpo is a :censored:hole in certain places due to its age and how much it costs to upkeep it.....thats why we are having a new stadium developed...

most people are annoyed,that they have to sit in a seat for 3 hours thats covered in bird crap,nothing to do with the team and how its playing,and how long you have supported latics.

the point is being made that floating fans may or may not be put off by the state of the seats.

maybe an idea is to take a black bin liner just in case,but then again the stewards may see it as a weapon of some kind and confiscate it.

customer service is the number one reason people stop using services,or start using them,regardless of whether its a train bus plane cafe cinema etc etc etc......football stadiums are not excempt from it,in fact most clubs need to be far more proactive in making it the best experience for fans.

it doesnt matter if the team is playing like brazil week in and out,if your not happy with the surroundings your being asked to pay for your more likely to not come back,or leave it a while to see if it improves next time....some may say its a bit pedantic and moaning for the sake of it,most will understand what people are talking about.

it is a good idea lags and its what i was saying earlier in the thread.....either work experience or the club could say we want 20 people,you will get a comp ticket to next home game,if your a season ticket holder make sure you give it a mate.

until friday i would have happily volunteered to go down to bp on most days with me marigolds and some hot soapy water....but i got a job on friday and start monday.....but im still willing to help out providing it doesnt clash with work commitments......

i think most will understand its not a case of saying how crap is the club and its facilities.....we know bpo is a :censored:hole in certain places due to its age and how much it costs to upkeep it.....thats why we are having a new stadium developed...

most people are annoyed,that they have to sit in a seat for 3 hours thats covered in bird crap,nothing to do with the team and how its playing,and how long you have supported latics.

the point is being made that floating fans may or may not be put off by the state of the seats.

maybe an idea is to take a black bin liner just in case,but then again the stewards may see it as a weapon of some kind and confiscate it.

customer service is the number one reason people stop using services,or start using them,regardless of whether its a train bus plane cafe cinema etc etc etc......football stadiums are not excempt from it,in fact most clubs need to be far more proactive in making it the best experience for fans.

it doesnt matter if the team is playing like brazil week in and out,if your not happy with the surroundings your being asked to pay for your more likely to not come back,or leave it a while to see if it improves next time....some may say its a bit pedantic and moaning for the sake of it,most will understand what people are talking about.

Whats all this marigolds and soapy water buisness ? Jet wash and a stiff brush whip through it