Heavy Rain Forecast for Friday

I also remember the priestfield and grifin park matches. Which was wetter? I say gillingham, but it rained harder at griffin park. Priestfield - it just rained all day.

I do recall from JKL days that you were scared both emotionally and physically by Brentford. As you say, there was actually more water at Brentford, but at Gillingham there were 79 different types of rain to cover every possible type of soaking, from every possible direction. Gillingham was worse weather wise with the freezing cold on top, but it was made more bearable by not being the worst, most soulless Latics performance ever.

that would cap it all....

first they moved the game for the egg-chasers! i had the saturday off work too! now i have to work a late shift on saturday so i can get the friday off.... not a happy bunny!!!

and as i'd been busy with the old fella being in hospital.. i only just managed to get ma to get to BP early doors on saturday morning as the last few tickets got sold.... so yeah! you guessed it! i'll be in the 'gene kelly' stand!!!

let it rain..... but it better not be called off!!!!

I also remember the priestfield and grifin park matches. Which was wetter? I say gillingham, but it rained harder at griffin park. Priestfield - it just rained all day.

It didn't rain all day at Gillingham. It started about twenty minutes before kickoff (hence the hastily passed out macs) and handily stopped on the final whistle.

Pansies!

Try our last ever visit to the Manor Ground! Just glad Eyresy stepped up and produced a fine 87th minute FK to break the deadlock. Rained like I've never seen before....was same day as the Grand National that finished with just 4 runners....the whole country got a soaking that day!

PS Metcheck is my favoured site for stuff like this. Currently predicting about 55% chance of rain at that time on Friday night...

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/rainrisk.asp

Edited by boundaryblue80

Does it?

Not sure where you're looking...all I'm finding on your link is the following...

"Rather cold, bright and windy through Thursday and Friday, with scattered heavy showers."

Edited by boundaryblue80

I do recall from JKL days that you were scared both emotionally and physically by Brentford. As you say, there was actually more water at Brentford, but at Gillingham there were 79 different types of rain to cover every possible type of soaking, from every possible direction. Gillingham was worse weather wise with the freezing cold on top, but it was made more bearable by not being the worst, most soulless Latics performance ever.

from what I remember of Griffin Park that time was it rained for just most of the 2nd half, I wasnt at Gillingham but I heard it went on throughout the whole match

I'll be very annoyed if it does rain on Friday I have to head off to work straight after to deliver milk - in officially the 3rd wettest town in England

Does it?

Not sure where you're looking...all I'm finding on your link is the following...

"Rather cold, bright and windy through Thursday and Friday, with scattered heavy showers."

I didnt read anything, i just looked at the pictures! lol

No rainy one just a clear moon thing lol :)

Did anyone go to Chesterfield a few years ago on Boxing Day? (Back in the days of being really s**t in this division) Gale force wind into our face, driving rain and the open end....I could hardly see anything with all the rain water on my specs. As soon as we got in the ground we conceded and were 1-0, and thought...oh here we go again! Went on to win 3-1, Ratboy scored a screamer that got caught in the wind IIRC.

I think that was the wettest I've ever been at a football match, although I did get a proper soaking on the way to one of our 1-0 home defeats last winter. The walk from the White Hart to the Ground, and it just hammered down...then stopped as soon as we were under the Chaddy End roof. Was still pissed wet through when we go back to the pub.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

from what I remember of Griffin Park that time was it rained for just most of the 2nd half, I wasnt at Gillingham but I heard it went on throughout the whole match

I'll be very annoyed if it does rain on Friday I have to head off to work straight after to deliver milk - in officially the 3rd wettest town in England

Yep only the second half .... most of us were in short sleave tops as it was a really sunny day up til then. Meet up with loads of OASIS lads that day (didn't really travel much at the time and didn't know them) by looking for the ones who were soaked in the pub afterwards.

Gillingham ........ carrying a couple of soaked banners back after the game nearly killed me.

Did anyone go to Chesterfield a few years ago on Boxing Day? (Back in the days of being really s**t in this division) Gale force wind into our face, driving rain and the open end....I could hardly see anything with all the rain water on my specs. As soon as we got in the ground we conceded and were 1-0, and thought...oh here we go again! Went on to win 3-1, Ratboy scored a screamer that got caught in the wind IIRC.

yes i remember. i also remember some latics fans doing the conga with no tops on!!

Yep only the second half .... most of us were in short sleave tops as it was a really sunny day up til then. Meet up with loads of OASIS lads that day (didn't really travel much at the time and didn't know them) by looking for the ones who were soaked in the pub afterwards.

Gillingham ........ carrying a couple of soaked banners back after the game nearly killed me.

It was the first time I traveled a long distance on my own for an away game, and I remember getting in the ground really early and walking around in that yellow away shirt we had

I think that was the wettest I've ever been at a football match...

I remember it well, especially as it was one of my finest ball mis-handling/fumbling/time-wasting displays, resulting in the ball becoming stuck under those steps leading from the terrace to the pitch, with a topless Hursty 'helping' me to retreive it. :grin:

Although rains not half as bad as cold. I was sat with bout 5 coats on for walsall at home last season. I had gloves, hat scarf, undershirts and i was still absoloutley frozen.

Get a thermal t-shirt, a pair of thermal long johns and two pairs of socks, and you will never fear Ice Station Zebra!! Pass on the message to the stayaways and we might see a resurgence of our lost 'supporters'.