stockport determined to do themselves out of cash

rang up stockport this morning to get seven tickets, this is what happened..

hello, can i order some tickets for friday please?

whats your postcode

m35

no you cant have any, wrong postcode

so, i got kellysheroes details as he lives in 'cheshire' well, the postcode says they do but hes 0161

certainly how many do you want

six adult, one child please

which stand?

cheadle end please

upper or lower

upper please

ok, whats your postcode

sk15

erm, hang on a second.. im sorry, as your not in our database and your from that kneck of the woods you cant have any

why?

youre from oldham

im not

well sorry, your not in our database

is it all ticket?

erm.. no but you have to go to the ticket office

well, i think thats very silly but fine, thank you bye

puts down phone, thinks for a second, rings back

hiya, ive just tried to buy some tickets for friday but i cant because im not in your database

yes?

well, ive never purchased over the phone before, i believe its unfair to penalise me

erm, ok, hang on a second.. who did we play on the opening day?

i dont know i was away

who scored the equaliser v cheltenham?

i hung up

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rang up stockport this morning to get seven tickets, this is what happened..

whats your postcode

m35

no you cant have any, wrong postcode

so, i got kellysheroes details as he lives in 'cheshire' well, the postcode says they do but hes 0161

certainly how many do you want

six adult, one child please

which stand?

cheadle end please

upper or lower

upper please

ok, whats your postcode

sk15

erm, hang on a second.. im sorry, as your not in our database and your from that kneck of the woods you cant have any

why?

youre from oldham

im not

well sorry, your not in our database

is it all ticket?

erm.. no but you have to go to the ticket office

well, i think thats very silly but fine, thank you bye

puts down phone, thinks for a second, rings back

hiya, ive just tried to buy some tickets for friday but i cant because im not in your database

yes?

well, ive never purchased over the phone before, i believe its unfair to penalise me

erm, ok, hang on a second.. who did we play on the opening day?

i dont know i was away

who scored the equaliser v cheltenham?

i hung up

So if I have the results page on the screen in front of me and a random Stockport address I'm laughing :grin:

Or maybe I'll just pay on the day <_<

There have been a quite a lot of Stockport fans on one of their message boards saying they can't understand why they haven't given us the whole of the Popular Side.

At first I thought the problem was down to them not having informed season ticket holders before they bought their tickets that they might get moved the odd time. But according to the Stockport fans they have relocated season ticket holders for this reason in previous seasons so a lot of them can't understand why they haven't done it again.

A lot of them are saying the other 2 stands won't sell out to home fans and the Popular Side is normally virtually empty anyway so they are annoyed at their club turning away money they can't afford to lose and a lot said they would rather have a big away following and a cracking atmosphere.

A number of them also said it's silly to risk friction due to having away fans in home sections when there is room to give us more tickets and a few of them also raised the issue of what will happen when they play Leicester and more particularly Leeds when the potential number of away fans wanting to go in the home end if they only get 2000 tickets could be even greater.

But as we all know, nothing is going to change now sadly.

a few of them also raised the issue of what will happen when they play Leicester and more particularly Leeds when the potential number of away fans wanting to go in the home end if they only get 2000 tickets could be even greater.

They already played Leicester at home in August, drawing 0-0 in front of 7,151. Only 2,000 seats given over to visiting fans. No crowd trouble, apparently.

They already played Leicester at home in August, drawing 0-0 in front of 7,151. Only 2,000 seats given over to visiting fans. No crowd trouble, apparently.

True, but we'll take more than Leicester did given our SuperDuper away support and the fact that it's a local one and one that we always made a big day out of but have missed for a couple of seasons.