stockport determined to do themselves out of cash

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheeky sods they didnt mind when i got 4 tickets to watch them at wembley lol

I am in the system so that would really mess them up already got my away tickets though. lol

There you go folks, Kyle's your man to sort your tickets in the home end out :grin:

Hasn't it occured to anyone that giving a lot more tickets to the opposition fans negates the home advantage and puts the victory on a plate to the visitors? Especially against the top-of-the-table side?

Football is still result business, not just profit at all costs :bblue2:

I've already been warned not to go in to edgeley before the game by someone i know from Stockport, apparently we aren't welcome :(.

s

As for them using trivia on the phone, a good idea although most league one fans should know stuff like who scored their equiliser at weekend.

Hasn't it occured to anyone that giving a lot more tickets to the opposition fans negates the home advantage and puts the victory on a plate to the visitors? Especially against the top-of-the-table side?

Unfortunately the financial realities of running a football club in the lower leagues means that most teams can ill afford to turn away paying fans be they home or away supporters, most clubs will do whatever they can to maximise their attendances and increase gate receipts.

As hardly any club at this level makes a profit at all plus the potential added policing costs and potential for trouble then I think its is far less hasle to give the away fans more tickets.

I've already been warned not to go in to edgeley before the game by someone i know from Stockport, apparently we aren't welcome :(.

s

As for them using trivia on the phone, a good idea although most league one fans should know stuff like who scored their equiliser at weekend.

that'll probably be the Cheadle End, you certainly wont be welcome in there

Edgeley...is that the little street near the ground,with a few boozers???????

If so,we will be there,welcome or not :)

Stockport have already done themselves out of cash by allowing the game to be held on a friday night as opposed to the weekend (I know one Oldham fan who isn't going as a result) as the overall attendance can't be bigger than what they'd have had otherwise, I know it wasn't necessary their decision but they had a say. I wonder what would happen if you said you were from Leeds, Sheffield or Preston etc. and since you were in Stockport (or the area- say the airport) on business (or whatever) you thought you'd watch some footy. I think a lie becomes more believeable if its not the lie you are expecting (and so don't have stock responses for).

Stockport have already done themselves out of cash by allowing the game to be held on a friday night as opposed to the weekend (I know one Oldham fan who isn't going as a result) as the overall attendance can't be bigger than what they'd have had otherwise, I know it wasn't necessary their decision but they had a say. I wonder what would happen if you said you were from Leeds, Sheffield or Preston etc. and since you were in Stockport (or the area- say the airport) on business (or whatever) you thought you'd watch some footy. I think a lie becomes more believeable if its not the lie you are expecting (and so don't have stock responses for).

Or say you are from bristol... that got em...*

They hadnt developed the spanish inquisition by then... howver did ast the tricky question "you are not an Oldham fan, are you?" ... just said I hadnt been since last season and my mates bought the tickets normally.... said I wasnt a big county fan anyway... just was in the area and wanted to watch them against the league leaders (I enjoyed that bit!)

(*Havent turned up yet though <_< )

they didn't have a choice ... the rah rah own the ground and drew a home cup game sat .......they couldn't play Sunday as they have a game Tuesday

Or say you are from bristol... that got em...*

They hadnt developed the spanish inquisition by then... howver did ast the tricky question "you are not an Oldham fan, are you?" ... just said I hadnt been since last season and my mates bought the tickets normally.... said I wasnt a big county fan anyway... just was in the area and wanted to watch them against the league leaders (I enjoyed that bit!)

(*Havent turned up yet though <_< )

... and the woman from the Stockport ticket office as just read this and something won't be in th post bag for collection tomorrow :lol:

ive now tried the 'im not a county fan, i just want to see a football match and i work saturdays'

ive even been to the ticket office!!!

kellysheroes says its worse than take that at the MEN

What - you had to prove you are a take that fan?

Bloody hell... I thought pretending to be a county fan was hard....

i dont want to laugh, im not in the mood!!!

apparantley they are under strict police instructions to only sell tickets to fans 'in the database' ie only people who have ever purchased something from them before. so far ive been a lapsed stockport fan, a stockport fans whos mate buys the tickets and im currently a un*ted fan who hasnt ever been before and just wants to watch a match, with my mates from stockport. the response? 'whats your mates postcode, he will be in the database'

so basicly if i knew a stockport fan there would be no problem, what a joke. people on here know stockport fans!!

sorry this is double posted, if one needs to go can you please delete the one in the stockport away thread

To be honest, there's 2 ways to look at this. First of all, can you blame County too much? We hardly went crazy selling Leeds tickets (not interested about the cost personally...you either want to go or don't IMO.) As we didn't shift 1800, maybe Stockport thought why bother offering more than 2000, needing more police/costs and end up with empty seats.

Secondly, maybe the police have attempted to restrict the attendance. With the Egg-chucking on Saturday, I'm presuming not as many "bobbies" will be available to police the game. Could backfire if so. Either way, I'm not happy we've been moved to Friday but there could be reasons being overlooked for Stockport giving us 2000.

Edited by boundaryblue80

To be honest, there's 2 ways to look at this. First of all, can you blame County too much? We hardly went crazy selling Leeds tickets (not interested about the cost personally...you either want to go or don't IMO.) As we didn't shift 1800, maybe Stockport thought why bother offering more than 2000, needing more police/costs and end up with empty seats.

Secondly, maybe the police have attempted to restrict the attendance. With the Egg-chucking on Saturday, I'm presuming not as many "bobbies" will be available to police the game. Could backfire if so. Either way, I'm not happy we've been moved to Friday but there could be reasons being overlooked for Stockport giving us 2000.

the only reason we didnt sell up was because of the price and thats the only reason