OGrady

I am also one of the 'not convinced' fans.

I've been saying it for weeks that I just can't see anything. Maybe it's because so many were raving about what a good player he looked in pre season and I didn't manage to get to any of those games. He holds it up 'averagely' and does very little else. looked ok against tranmere, but apart from that he has done nothing to suggest he is anything but our 4th choice striker.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
I've been saying it for weeks that I just can't see anything. Maybe it's because so many were raving about what a good player he looked in pre season and I didn't manage to get to any of those games. He holds it up 'averagely' and does very little else. looked ok against tranmere, but apart from that he has done nothing to suggest he is anything but our 4th choice striker.

To be honest, I'd be playing Wolfy before him. That's how bad he's been. At least wolfy can cause some problems to the oppo defense rather than give the ball away like O'Grady does.

To be honest, I'd be playing Wolfy before him. That's how bad he's been. At least wolfy can cause some problems to the oppo defense rather than give the ball away like O'Grady does.

OG changed the game against Hudds, got us back on top and we probably should have nicked it. Not sure why people think he is that bad. OG needs a partner up front and CD is not going to work with anyone. I would like to see OG and Hughes start the next game as I think it could be our most fruitful partnership.

I am also one of the 'not convinced' fans.

Is that an oxymoron?

I thought he's shown good promise away at Tranmere and Hartlepool when coming on late in a game. At Burnley he had a pretty thankless task asking him to play up on his own with no support from the wingers in a crap 4-5-1 formation.

It's pretty unfair to start slating him so soon. Seems to be earlier and earlier for our fans to decide on new signings these days.

I think O'Grady needs cutting some slack by one or two on here.

He may not be a 20 goals a season man but he is strong and can hold the ball up well, his partnership with Davies didn't work, doesn't work and probably will never work.

To me he is still new at the club and hasn't had an awful lot of game time, but he has shown promise and is certainly a good back up striker to have, he has looked good from the bench on a couple of occasions this season, to me he did well against Uddersfield when he came on and we looked far more effective and more likely to score.

Guest sheridans_world

I dont see anything in his game, as yet. I wont slate him on the pitch, I'll always support any latics player on the pitch, but he has not done anything for me yet.

I dont see anything in his game, as yet. I wont slate him on the pitch, I'll always support any latics player on the pitch, but he has not done anything for me yet.

It's all about opinions and clearly O'Grady does divide opinion, but if I'd not seen Davies last season and was judging him on what he has done this season I would be very disappointed indeed (especially now I've discovered that he shops at Tesco between 4-30 and 5-00 pm). :wink:

Exactly and I agree about Wolfy as well. At least with wolfy there was always that chance he would be in the right position at the right time and he has shown some promise at times. O'Grady has shown nothing so far, still made me cringe with embarrassment at the morons around me on Friday though who were booing and shouting all sorts of garbage at him when he was subbed. In fact the reaction of our fans on Friday was probably the most disappointing thing about the whole game. Eardley got so much undeserved and unnecessary stick.

He isn't that bad!

Wolfenden should have been released a long time ago.

You didn't manage to get to Leeds last season? He worked his male organs off.

Jesus, Wolfy is so lightweight he makes Alessandra look like a battering ram centre forward.

We have seen enough of Wolfy in the first team to realise that he is so easily brushed off the ball that he is not a viable option for us in this division.

I have heard that Wolfy has beefed up considerably - let's see the man in action Shez! :blink:

Guest sheridans_world
Well feck me...you clearly didn't get to Tranmere then!!!

We had a chat, for ten minutes, at half time. Remember?!

I'm giving Wolfy another chance, before I saw him in the reserve game the other week, I had him written off.... now, I'm not so sure.

There were some idiots booing the players and shouting f off etc as they came and clapped at the end. I know people pay their money but why take it out on the lads....

O'Grady has just looked absolute tosh for me. The man mountain he was supposed to be! Now Trotman wore XXXL shirts he was a mountain.

Rather see Paul O'Grady in our team, no scapegoat he's just crap.

Bloody hell thats harsh, he's hardly had enough game time to be able to prove himself at the club.

I believe we were in for Berbatov but he was lured by the bright lights of Manchester.

O'Grady has just looked absolute tosh for me. The man mountain he was supposed to be! Now Trotman wore XXXL shirts he was a mountain.

Rather see Paul O'Grady in our team, no scapegoat he's just crap.

He reminds me so much of a certain Mr Porter who was absolute gash in his first season, could hold the ball up reasonably well, but didnt really have a clue where he was heading around the goal, everyone thought he was crap, and wanted him out of the team... then suddenly, after a season of 'finding his feet' he bangs in 20+, mainly IMO, as he was the only bloody striker we had, which gave him confidence and a run in the team...

Think O'Grady has the ability, he is just a bit lacking of confidence and direction... and knowlege of this level... it could still go either way for him... coulkd see him scoring 20 goals next season for us... equally I could see him being pants... still too early to tell...

We had a chat, for ten minutes, at half time. Remember?!

I'm giving Wolfy another chance, before I saw him in the reserve game the other week, I had him written off.... now, I'm not so sure.

There were some idiots booing the players and shouting f off etc as they came and clapped at the end. I know people pay their money but why take it out on the lads....

I know we did...I wasn't talking about Wolfy, I was addressing your comment on O'Grady that "he has not done anything for me yet"...

I take it you left about 20mins after half time then?

I really, really, really, really cannot believe the :censored:e being spouted about a player who has done alright so far (and was superb in helping us secure the win at Tranmere). So much for giving someone a chance. Oh well...

I think hes done OK for us but he doesnt seem to be getting any chances on goal really think he had 1 vs stockport.

I think in the long run he will do OK but already I think the boo boys are out to get him (when they cant get eardly) dont think he will score masses for us but could be useful as a squad player

He reminds me so much of a certain Mr Porter who was absolute gash in his first season, could hold the ball up reasonably well, but didnt really have a clue where he was heading around the goal, everyone thought he was crap, and wanted him out of the team... then suddenly, after a season of 'finding his feet' he bangs in 20+, mainly IMO, as he was the only bloody striker we had, which gave him confidence and a run in the team...

Think O'Grady has the ability, he is just a bit lacking of confidence and direction... and knowlege of this level... it could still go either way for him... coulkd see him scoring 20 goals next season for us... equally I could see him being pants... still too early to tell...

Agree totally - the post I couldnt quite come up with myself.

Ive seen flashes of O'Grady which make me strongly believe he has more talent than Davies, for example. Just little things like the odd touch or pass, although this was mainly in pre-season.

Agree totally - the post I couldnt quite come up with myself.

Ive seen flashes of O'Grady which make me strongly believe he has more talent than Davies, for example. Just little things like the odd touch or pass, although this was mainly in pre-season.

Them touches and passes he also showed at Burnley. Sadly tho Shez messed up by having him upfront alone and performing a thankless task, so the side rarely benefitted from them (O'Grady would find blue shirts but they'd be coming from behind...while Burnleys defence filled in causing our attacks to be pretty ineffective.)

I'd be interested to know how many of those already targeting him went to Burnley...I'm guessing very, very few of them.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Them touches and passes he also showed at Burnley. Sadly tho Shez messed up by having him upfront alone and performing a thankless task, so the side rarely benefitted from them (O'Grady would find blue shirts but they'd be coming from behind...while Burnleys defence filled in causing our attacks to be pretty ineffective.)

I'd be interested to know how many of those already targeting him went to Burnley...I'm guessing very, very few of them.

Yeah. Absolutely. It just seems to me that a lot of people want results immediately from a new player these days. Maher is similarly treated; came with some fantastic credentials and experience from Southend, and after 60 minutes of his debut....

Ahh well.

I cant believe what I am reading. Ogragy hasnt had a chance in the first tean, and frankly when he has been called upon, he has held the ball superbly (ala Tranmere and Colchester, spring to mind) I agree with BB80, Davies has looked bone idle and only looks good when he is brought on from the bench with 10 mins to go, he cant play up front with O'grady. The fact that some fans are hell bent on pointing the finger at him is terrible. I would give him a few starts TBH, if we are missing Hughes.