Which is better?

The ex wife came along a few times but never got seriosly hooked then during the final years of the maraige activly encouraged my eldest to support manure to piss me off ! New girlfriend has been to cheltenem & burnley games and loves it ! So much so that she now wants to join the blue crew !

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How exactly?

I would rather watch Oldham 1 Cardiff 7 on looped play than watch endless outings of reality shows - which is pretty much all you get at weekends nowadays.

No matter how bad the football is nothing reaches the depths of how really :censored:e reality TV shows are.

Here endeth todays lesson, take heed.

KtF,

Derek.

:lol: Very true.

The ex wife came along a few times but never got seriosly hooked then during the final years of the maraige activly encouraged my eldest to support manure to piss me off ! New girlfriend has been to cheltenem & burnley games and loves it ! So much so that she now wants to join the blue crew !

:shock:

Wow Not only grounds for Divorce, but I am suprised Social Services were not involved!

Think how lucky you would be if you got a sympathetic jusge. She'd get a tesco carrier bag and told to get her possesions in it and that's her lot.

My ex was a big latics fans and we went to all the games together.

My current lady can't stand football.

Ive had the best of both worlds and much prefer the latter. Football is a nice break away from shopping and gives me an excuse to go to the pub.

I have just celebrated 10 years marriage to the most wonderful wife any man could ask for.

Went to one match (the coldest, wetest most drunken home match I could make it) didn't like it so refuses to go ever again. Very rarely moans at me going or getting back VERY drunk and VERY late. Has even allowed me to take my lad to the match lately, drop him off at home after the match, then go out and get slaughtered!!

She is PERFECT.

:grin:

...and what is your wife doing when you are at the games for her to be so accommodating? :o

She is a very rare woman, you've done good!

I had been going to football before I met my fella who is a Latics fan. He sat in the main stand, I sit in the Chaddy with my dad and brother. It's still that way. But I always drive so they can have their manly pints. I am a saint. As well as a girl who likes football.

We spent 2 weeks in Crete, got back last week. I spent all Saturdays and Sundays in an Irish pub watching the football.

I know more about football than most of the men I work with.

And Derek, be quiet!

Lad I used to work with (might even post on here, know one of his mates does :ph34r: ) took his new woman to a Latics game to meet his mates.

On the way to the ground his mates commented that it was a genius plan to bring her along for this one occasion. She thought he went to football to enjoy himself. Instead he sat in the paddock while it pissed down all the game and we got a stuffing off Blackpool in the FA Cup.

She never wanted to go again, didn't mind him going as it seemed to be nowhere near as much fun as he made out. They got married this year!

She never wanted to go again, didn't mind him going as it seemed to be nowhere near as much fun as he made out.

This is a common misconception that watching Latics is assumed to be fun. People say to me "Enjoy the match!", but more often than not it's endure rather than "enjoy". That's where it's a great help if your wife/partner/girlfriend/boyfriend is like-minded about supporting the team - you can have a good day out, but anything resembling enjoyment or fun after the game kicks off is a bonus. :comeon:

When I started seeing my Mrs I told her in no uncertain terms "you are number 2, and always will be. I go to Latics, dont ever moan about it/try to change me, and everything will be cosy". Somehow, she understood (or just accepted) this. She has no interest in football which suits me down to the ground, and she has never once moaned at me about going to games and spending all my money watching Latics. Happy days :D

That rings a bell, for opposite reasons!!

I was dating a guy who hated football and dumped me coz he said I thought more about football than about him!

He said I fitted him in around Latics games and that he wanted me to put him first...........

and then proceeded to dump me because of it! :redcard:

A bloke who hates football??? What's the world coming to???

What a :clown:

:shock:

Wow Not only grounds for Divorce, but I am suprised Social Services were not involved!

Think how lucky you would be if you got a sympathetic jusge. She'd get a tesco carrier bag and told to get her possesions in it and that's her lot.

it was why do you think shes now my ex lol atleast she didnt get to the younger three who are now fully fledged tics

...and what is your wife doing when you are at the games for her to be so accommodating? :o

She is a very rare woman, you've done good!

Now you seriously wont believe this, but she tidies the house while we are out at football.

Brilliant.

That rings a bell, for opposite reasons!!

I was dating a guy who hated football and dumped me coz he said I thought more about football than about him!

He said I fitted him in around Latics games and that he wanted me to put him first...........

and then proceeded to dump me because of it! :redcard:

A bloke who hates football??? What's the world coming to???

What a :clown:

Sounds like he may be batting for the other side to me :lol:

Haha!

Nah he was just Irish!!!!

Liked the finer things in life........errrm, Gaelic football :mmm:

Would not accept you have to give and take, and I ain't giving up a 19year hobby for no man!!!

Now that's a female all over. You wont give up a 19 year old hobby for no man but the man must accept give and take!!!! We just give and you just take lol. :o

There's sp much to say about this post...

Haha!

Liked the finer things in life........errrm, Gaelic football :mmm:

Would not accept you have to give and take, and I ain't giving up a 19year hobby for no man!!!

Haha!

Thank God, with this talk of batting for the other side, I was worried he might have been a Yorkshireman :angry:

Actually, Gaelic is a fine game, and those who maintain that Northern egg chasing is a man's game, I don't disagree, but Jesus, a Parish level Irish game :fighting: :fighting: :fighting::boxer::peepwall::stretcher:

I thought it was futcher's briefs who was exhibiting signs of bi-curiousity, not Rick?

Now that's a female all over. You wont give up a 19 year old hobby for no man but the man must accept give and take!!!! We just give and you just take lol. :o

Hmmmmmm..... would you give up a 19year old hobby for a woman?

It's a hobby that brings my family together too, so that would mean upsetting them for not spending time with them.

Should he not just try and come to a game once in a while, just as I did what he wanted me to do?

And no rude comments thanks!! :huh:

I would rather watch Oldham 1 Cardiff 7 on looped play than watch endless outings of reality shows - which is pretty much all you get at weekends nowadays.

:grin: Spot on.

These days I rarely discuss what I watched on TV last night with people because I am in a minority because I don't watch X-Factor/Pop Idol/Strictly/Big Brother etc.

As for other halfs. I remember a comment I remember about Marriage - don't bother getting married, and save time. Find a woman you hate and give her half your posessions".

Seriously, not married but with the GF for over 8 years and in fact our first 'social outing' was a home game against Gillingham (3-1 defeat). She was always a 'general football fan' but as she came from a forces family had neve lived anywhere long enough to get an affinity to a team. Despite the 'joys' of Barry Penderville and my company we are still together and she now comes to most games I do (occassionaly misses some).

I sit with my mates and I remember about 2 seasons later I was working and couldn't go and she used my season ticket and sat with my mates - they were gobsmacked. She'd alsways be viewed as 'my other half' and not a fan on her own right. She got acceptance of sorts at that time.

She is a definite Latics fan and has stated now that if for whatever reason we weren't together she'd still support the team (thoiugh not sure where she'd sit? :grin: ).

We use away matches as a way to visit our friends around the country from University and make a trip of it - and as a result a number of them 'look out' for our results.

Generally not an issue - my mates are happy to have a drink before/after the game. Though I'll admit the agreement to meet in the Manchester before a Blackpool away game (complete with pole dancing ladies) pushed it a bit - but we agreed that she could sit with her back to the stage and it was OK!

Edited by Scapegoat

Hmmmmmm..... would you give up a 19year old hobby for a woman?

It's a hobby that brings my family together too, so that would mean upsetting them for not spending time with them.

Should he not just try and come to a game once in a while, just as I did what he wanted me to do?

And no rude comments thanks!! :huh:

Quite right too. The things that mean the most to you don't chop and change with time, especially when they involve family and those closest to you.

But would I give up my 19 year old hobby for a woman? They really aren't the same thing :blush: