Who's the most famous person you've met?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest name in the football world I've had a conversation with (all be it brief) is probably Tommy Doc.

Unless you count being stood behind Wayne Rooney at a cashpoint and taking the p*ss when he couldn't remember his PIN. :grin:

Oh, and not exactly met, but I was flashed out of the way on the A34 by David Beckham in his Bentley... :blink:

I once played snooker on a table next to Alex Higgins in a pro-am tournament in Manchester. I would have played him in the next round if we hadn't both got beat...

And I said hello to Kenneth Clarke as he shambled through the gardens behind Liverpool St. a couple of years ago.

My Brother owns Hairdressing and Beuaty Salons accross cheshire.... with a few in the Alderley Edge/Wilmslow area...

I remember a few years back on one weekend of staying with him and just hanging around the shop I met the Beckhams (Victoria, David and Romeo), Alan Smith, Stevie G, Valentino Rossi, and the really famous guy from Corrie... dont watch the sodding thing but the 50ish yoear old bloke with blondish floppy hair in a side parting - is it Jack Duckworth?

All very entertaining..... he regularly rings me up and thinks its funny for me to play 'guess the footballer' he is currently on the piss with by speaking to them and asking them random questions... so far, I have been made to look an arse with on the end of the phone to Jamie Carragher, Phil Neville, Harry Kewell, Michael Carrick and Robbie Fowler.... how amusing....

I'm not sure I could live with being outwitted by that many footballers... :laught16:

Talking of living/going out in Cheshire, would anyone on here count N-Trance as famous?

:angry:

How very dare you! I didnt say outwitted.... I seem to remember the Jamie Carragher conversation going like this....

Me: "So, I presume you probably play for Liverpool or ManYoo... which one"

JC: "Errrrrrrrrrrr....." (in drawling over-scouse accent)

Me: "Its Jamie Carragher."

<_<

Thought N-Trance were from Shaw? Or is that the Urban Cookie Collective?? One of the two...

John Peel - a few times. We gave him a lift once!!

Morrissey - Came to see my band in Camden

David Thewliss - Also came to see my band

Sir Matt Busby

Loads of the great M*n C*ty team from the late '60's - My mum's best friend is married to one of them and I used to go and watch them train

Pete Shelley

Pete Townsend

Neil Kinnock

Steve Lamacq

Paul Cook - Sex Pistols

Edwyn Collins

The Telescopes - before they were famous ;)

The Stereophonics - We drank them under the table after they'd played a gig in BKK about 10/11 years ago

Stefan Dennis !!!

Peter Reid - A few times in the last couple of weeks

Graeme LeSaux

Peter Hook

I was also in a theatre group (I know!! I know!!) with Angela Lonsdale who played Curly's wife in Corry and Emma Rydal who was the receptionist in Swiss Toni

I was at junior school with Shaw born actor Clive Rowe

Mark E Smith

Ian Hart - The actor who played John Lennon in Backbeat

And loads more I don't have the time to list. I'm such a ligger ;)

Lots of politicians – David Davies, Tony Benn, Norman Lamont to name a few. Peter Mandleson is without question the vilest human being I have ever met, he had an air that made me want to smash his face in within 3 seconds of making his acquaintance.

My cousin would be good at this game, being able to count the Queen and the last Pope among his hit list.

John Peel - a few times. We gave him a lift once!!

Morrissey - Came to see my band in Camden

David Thewliss - Also came to see my band

Sir Matt Busby

Loads of the great M*n C*ty team from the late '60's - My mum's best friend is married to one of them and I used to go and watch them train

Pete Shelley

Pete Townsend

Neil Kinnock

Steve Lamacq

Paul Cook - Sex Pistols

Edwyn Collins

The Telescopes - before they were famous ;)

The Stereophonics - We drank them under the table after they'd played a gig in BKK about 10/11 years ago

Stefan Dennis !!!

Peter Reid - A few times in the last couple of weeks

Graeme LeSaux

Peter Hook

I was also in a theatre group (I know!! I know!!) with Angela Lonsdale who played Curly's wife in Corry and Emma Rydal who was the receptionist in Swiss Toni

I was at junior school with Shaw born actor Clive Rowe

Mark E Smith

Ian Hart - The actor who played John Lennon in Backbeat

And loads more I don't have the time to list. I'm such a ligger ;)

I'm sticking with my Keith Hicks shout from earlier in the thread, he kicks that lot into a cocked hat. :grin:

I got boll**sed with Steve O from Jackass fame for a weekend a few years back.

I've met most big global DJs like Groove Armada, Sasha, Derrick Carter, Jeff Mills, e.t.c, and I'm good friends with a few. Also met quite a few band members (like peter hook, bez e.t.c) and models (Inc kate moss).

I've met a load of footballers, and soap stars too maily (they're like lice in Manchester so occasionally you get chatting with one in a bar).

I also met Bill Beamont last year professionally at his textiles business.

I shook Princess Di and Charles' hand once.

I've known Lembit Opik since I was in school.

Edited by monkeykieran

I got boll**sed with Steve O from Jackass fame for a weekend a few years back.

I've met most big global DJs like Groove Armada, Sasha, Derrick Carter, Jeff Mills, e.t.c, and I'm good friends with a few. Also met quite a few band members (like peter hook, bez e.t.c) and models (Inc kate moss).

I've met a load of footballers, and soap stars too maily (they're like lice in Manchester so occasionally you get chatting with one in a bar).

I also met Bill Beamont last year professionally at his textiles business.

I shook Princess Di and Charles' hand once.

I've known Lembit Opik since I was in school.

All that and you cant make your way to BP from the other side of town...... just kiddin :D