Who's the most famous person you've met?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in a fight (more or less) with a Spice Girl (which I won), I've drunkenly bumped into Rhona Cameron (fortunately she was just as drunk), I've had Gruff Rhys try and chat up my then-girlfriend while we stood at a bar, and I've been given evils by Don Warrington for the entire length of a tube journey for no good reason at all. Hobnobbing with the stars, me.

What was your band called? would we have heard of you?

We were called American TV Cops. We had a few singles out in '94/'95 and recorded a session for John Peel. We used to play in London a lot and we also played at "In The City" in Manchester when the audience included LeSaux and Hooky. I've got a few hundred unsold singles in my mum's loft if you'd like to buy one!!

Damn you, in that case I'll raise your Keith Hicks with Gary Megson who was on my flight from Manchester to Naples in June this year.

I can't match your Gary Megson but.....my dad met Carlton Palmer in a pub in Lichfield just after the Latics had beaten Sheffield Wednesday to win the 2nd Division. Apparently, Palmer told my dad that he thought the pitch invasions were, "tasteless".

My mum has also met George Harrison. She only told me this story about 3 years ago even though she knows I like The Beatles.

But my trump card has to be...................One of my friends used to be a close personal friend of Idi Amin. And, after a few drinks, and not much encouragement, he likes to tell us a few stories. Interesting stuff. I wonder if Idi ever met Keith Hicks?!!

I can't match your Gary Megson but.....my dad met Carlton Palmer in a pub in Lichfield just after the Latics had beaten Sheffield Wednesday to win the 2nd Division. Apparently, Palmer told my dad that he thought the pitch invasions were, "tasteless".

My mum has also met George Harrison. She only told me this story about 3 years ago even though she knows I like The Beatles.

But my trump card has to be...................One of my friends used to be a close personal friend of Idi Amin. And, after a few drinks, and not much encouragement, he likes to tell us a few stories. Interesting stuff. I wonder if Idi ever met Keith Hicks?!!

Noooooooooo I certainly can't top that, Idi (The king of Scotland) Amin a very colourful character in every sense of the word. :grin:

Noooooooooo I certainly can't top that, Idi (The king of Scotland) Amin a very colourful character in every sense of the word. :grin:

But that's who someone who you know has met. I've a mate who's slept in a bunkbed with John Prescott, drank with the whole winning (Australian) Ashes team and been in the paper shop with Paul McCartney - but I can't claim them as my own.

Personally I don't think any scummers count either, hence why I dropped the Greenhoffs from my list.

Carlton Palmer: aesthete. Whodathunk it?

I'm sure I remember you having seizures for months after you had a certain Russian tennis player in the back of your cab, not to mention having to carry your then girlfriend out of a party at the Bonham-Carters, where the entire Liberal Establishment of Britain was getting pissed up?

Whilst working in the University College Salford Student Union I served Rick Holden and Steve McDonald from Coronation Street (they weren't together)

Whilst working for Wetherspoons in Bognor Regis I served Tim Vincent and Chesney Hawkes (they weren't together)

Whilst working in Wetherspoons in Rugeley I refused to serve a stag party and asked them to leave for being rowdy. The stag party included Darren Ferguson.

I'm sure I remember you having seizures for months after you had a certain Russian tennis player in the back of your cab, not to mention having to carry your then girlfriend out of a party at the Bonham-Carters, where the entire Liberal Establishment of Britain was getting pissed up?

Yeah, that's partly true. I had that Elena Dementieva in the back of my cab once. Classy posture. She'd just got walloped by a Williams sister in the French Open final and arrived at Heathrow with nothing more than a handbag, which contained, among other things (spare pants, for instance, I dare venture) a packet of full-strength Russian cigarettes. She chain-smoked them all the way from the airport to Claridges.

I carried a different girlfriend out of the Bonham-Carters, where a certain Mr. Kennedy was putting out fires in his throat with fine wine. This was many years ago, by the way.

We were called American TV Cops. We had a few singles out in '94/'95 .... I've got a few hundred unsold singles in my mum's loft if you'd like to buy one!!

I've got one of those singles somewhere - it's filed away with one by The Jerks, which contained another lad from Oldham - now where did I puit them? Don't flood the market with your Mum's extreme temperature damaged stock just yet, while I put it on ebay.

We were called American TV Cops. We had a few singles out in '94/'95 and recorded a session for John Peel. We used to play in London a lot and we also played at "In The City" in Manchester when the audience included LeSaux and Hooky. I've got a few hundred unsold singles in my mum's loft if you'd like to buy one!!

This is what last.fm say about you;

"American TV Cops were a UK based four piece between 1991 and 1998. Coming from the middle of nowhere the Cops self released several critically acclaimed 7 inch singles, recorded a session for legendary DJ John Peel before signing to UK independent label ‘starfish’ which was an ill fated liaison and after becoming somewhat disaffected by their experience, the band split."

middle of nowhere!....Cheeky barstewards

Sound like you were quite decent outfit.....

Famous People;

I once had email chat with Thailatic who was once in American TV Cops.......beat that one :D

Final match of the season for Chonburi. We are now two points behind the leaders so we have to win and hope that PEA FC slip up.

It reminds me of the Latics/West Ham situation on the last day of our championship winning season. Although this time both teams are away.

We'll be taking a huge support to BKK. I just hope that we're all happy at 6:00pm!!

And, if anyone's interested, brief highlights of our last home match can be found here :

http://sstv.siamsport.co.th/ViewClip.asp?C=00004432

See if you can spot me :)

Are you the one in the fish outfit at the start!..... :D

Once met the leg-end that is Gordon Banks. That is probably the coolest moment in my 26 years on this planet.

Damien Duff once threatened to smakc me whilst having a piss in a club in Blackburn. Kieth Gillespie was also there dancing like a tit and generally larging it up for the young lasses.

Most of the early 90's latics players.

Once craked (accidentally) Nicky Butt with a rucksack in HMV on market street.

And to top it all off, arguablly the most expensive player in the world (Cost per minutes spent actually on the pitch)............

The legendary Chris Killen

how do i start this ! well i have met loads of famous people , aged 4 in rochdale i met father christmas , but really i knew sarah lanchashire ,very well , i have met yoko ono , was 10m from bill clinton , and the late pope john paul , met tom jones , i once held a door for michael chaine at harrods , once went on a train with fun boy 3, met kevin keegan and rio ferdnand , and gaza , dave sexton and tommy doc , while work at the airport here i met most of the israeli mps and 2 prime minister's and 1president , i once slept in the same room as the carry on star charles hawtry , he was a close friend of my uncle , i also met face to face , super model x girl friend of leonard de caprio bar refaelisuper model , people i would like to meet in the future are beardy rocky(who owes me a few things ) , rummy, ed, andy b , chickers diego and all the loyal latics fans :applause1::imnotworthy: and i have meet 2 people on here , 1, mark latics and england , and once 1month ago josh, jsslatic

Edited by boboafc