So Wolfy scores again.

I know there is pritty much an agreement on here that Wolfy isnt good enough,

But im just thinking he has scored again and how far is he from the first team? For me on effort he deserves to be in ahead of Davies imo

Whats everyone else think?

I can see him being on the bench on Sunday, as Hughes is doubtful and I would reckon on Davies being unavailible. If he gets on and does some stuff he'll stay there for a bit, if not it will be back to the reserves/loan but I like the idea of having 5 strikers at the club as it means if two are unavailible we know we have at least someone on the bench. Davies has got the quality that Wolfy hasn't no matter how much difference in effort there is. I think Wolfy has not quite got what it takes at the level we are at and definatley at the level we are aiming for, but I think he could be a useful player for some of the teams in League 2/conference but at this level he is no more than a bit part member of the squad.

I can see him being on the bench on Sunday, as Hughes is doubtful and I would reckon on Davies being unavailible. If he gets on and does some stuff he'll stay there for a bit, if not it will be back to the reserves/loan but I like the idea of having 5 strikers at the club as it means if two are unavailible we know we have at least someone on the bench. Davies has got the quality that Wolfy hasn't no matter how much difference in effort there is. I think Wolfy has not quite got what it takes at the level we are at and definatley at the level we are aiming for, but I think he could be a useful player for some of the teams in League 2/conference but at this level he is no more than a bit part member of the squad.

5 strikers yes - but 8 games in only 1 has scored !!!!!!!

But im just thinking he has scored again and how far is he from the first team? For me on effort he deserves to be in ahead of Davies imo

I put more effort in than the lot of them but i'm not going to be on the bench.

It would be crazy to put him on the bench on Sunday.

He's just played his 1st game of the season after a long injury, he needs a few more reserve games under his belt to get anywhere near 1st team match fitness/sharpness, even to come into a game from the bench.

EDIT: Or 3 if you count Deano as well.

Quit* it with your dodgy scorer fiddling methods, of course you can't count Smalley, certainly not without counting Lids and Taylor as well.

* Except for you know what with the bet

I wouldn't read to much into players scoring in the reserves, Davies scored a hat trick for them the other week but it hasn't kick started his season in the first team yet.

Besides which Wolfy is just back from injury and is a long way down the pecking order and rightly so, he is just way to light weight to be a serious option in the first team.

If Wolfy gets the chance of a decent run in the team this season i think he will surprise a few people, he's bulked up a bit. Its too early for him now as he is only just back from injury and it will need injuries/suspensions for him to get his chance but should he get the chance he will need to take it as it will probably be his last with us. It would be wise to get him out on loan somewhere because the lack of chances in the first team will have been hindering his progress. His positioning is spot on, decent ball control, not got fantastic pace but he's not slow, knows where the back of the net is and he has a footballing brain, he has all the attributes to make it he just needs to grab his chance should it come his way. I doubt he's going to get a chance here now but i think he does have a future in the game at this level

Wolfy is raw talent. He just needs to learn to play off peoples shoulders and not get bullied off the ball by the big boys.

Hughes apart, Wolfy is the best natural finisher at the club, trouble is he has never been given an extended run of 10-15 games, fleeting sub appearances here and there have meant his progress has stalled despite it being nearly 5 years since he made his debut, oh and the fact we persist in playing long balls up to him whenever he's played. He's still only 21 but needs a three month loan spell somewhere where he will play week in week out, then we can make the decision whether to keep him or not. If I'm honest, despite the ability he has I think he'll end up at somewhere like Barrow.

People always seem to come out when his name is mentioned about how we should "send him on loan to bury or rochdale, or a club like that." - Fact is you go through each league 2 teams strikers and he wouldnt even push the vast majority of team's two strikers for a starting position. He'll end up at somewhere like Stalybridge which is what about his level actually is as it certainly isnt anywhere near League 1 standard.

He has far to many yes men mates who have inflated his ego to much to make him want to prove a point.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

He wont be with that attitude!

Nothing to do with our attitude, he is a waste of a squad number, he has shown the same amount of ability since he was 16... just a shame we decided to give him a 2 year contract before we knew how good Ales & smalley were...

Have a feeling wolfy will skulk around the team until the loan deadline say in march, where he will go to a 'Vegas, or Mini-Shez's side, which is exactly the level he will end up at...

Not good enough... more interested in this williams lad getting fit and challenging the other strikers... if he still exists...

Nothing to do with our attitude, he is a waste of a squad number, he has shown the same amount of ability since he was 16... just a shame we decided to give him a 2 year contract before we knew how good Ales & smalley were...

Have a feeling wolfy will skulk around the team until the loan deadline say in march, where he will go to a 'Vegas, or Mini-Shez's side, which is exactly the level he will end up at...

Not good enough... more interested in this williams lad getting fit and challenging the other strikers... if he still exists...

Id just love him to stick two fingers up to the BP crowd

your not one of his "yes men" mates are you.

:wink::grin:

He's surrounded by more people telling him how good he is than Floyd Mayweather.

No no:)

Just he has never had a fair crack in the team and when I seem to see him he has had a good touch and finish . i.e. Hudds away 2 years ago was it?

Im not saying start him or even have him on the bench I just think the criticism he gets is unfounded sometimes.

No no:)

Just he has never had a fair crack in the team and when I seem to see him he has had a good touch and finish . i.e. Hudds away 2 years ago was it?

Im not saying start him or even have him on the bench I just think the criticism he gets is unfounded sometimes.

We could loan any of our fringe players, and call them back if needed? Suerly thats better than playing in the reserves?

SEAN GREGAN WORN TANGERINE SHIRT (LONG SLEEVE) - FOR SALE