John Sheridan To Barnsley?

Wouldn't be much of a move for shez. From a team going for promotion to the Chamionship to a team heading for relegation from it? Smacks of lazy journalism.

the journalism doesnt have to be lazy, there could be a basis in the story that they want him. however, surely this is highly unlikely as shez must feel he is building something here. the only reason i could see is ££, but tta wud look after him if he took us up, and he probably doesnt want for much at the mo. i could even see him refusing top jobs for now, i would anyway as long as i felt i was moving the club (any club i was at, not just because its who i support) forward.

to sum up- shez out for having a story written

I'd be very surprised if it's true. He has no previous ties to the club, they're aren't particularly a bigger club than us, they'll be in a relegation scrap, where as if he's here he'll be in a promotion chase in a setup he's created. Money talks, obviously but I just don't see it at all. If he won promotion with us he'd have so many more prospects going for him.

Can't see it mate, I would say only the Sheffield Wednesday job would tempt him away at the moment. He does live over your neck off the woods but after 10 years of coming here everyday I don't think that's such an issue for him.

I reckon Leeds could tempt him too, but not Barnsley.

According to the Sunday Mirror he could be coming to us. I don't know how much truth is in it, but our main club forum has been talking about it for a few weeks now. Anyone would be better than Simon Davey!!!!

The Mirror has probably picked this up from your forum.