It's odd really if you look at the back four individually they all had decent games yet Hereford did have chances! so why is that?

Personally, I thought it was because Byrne kept losing his man. There were numerous chances which happened because of a big hole opening up and the danger not being spotted quickly enough. We've simply missed Gregan a lot over the last 3 games.

Hazell excells with a 'boss' next to him but when it falls to him to take charge in the back 4 it doesn't really work.

Listening to Jones in his two LW interviews he sounds really kean and positive. Yes I know all players are supposed too but it's good to hear and sse. I think it's going to difficult to see the lad return to Wolves if it comes to it.

Listening to Jones in his two LW interviews he sounds really kean and positive. Yes I know all players are supposed too but it's good to hear and sse. I think it's going to difficult to see the lad return to Wolves if it comes to it.

From the Advertiser:

Clean sheet as good as a goal for Danny

Gavin Browne

13/10/2008

ON-LOAN Danny Jones admitted that keeping a clean sheet gave him just as much pleasure as scoring Latics' third goal in their 4-0 win against Hereford United.

The left-back, currently on a month's loan from Wolves, scored Athletic's third goal at Boundary Park on Sunday as John Sheridan's side moved into third place in Coca-Cola League One.

Having made his debut at Stockport County the week before, Jones impressed sufficiently on his maiden home appearance to walk away with a man-of-the-match award in addition to his goal.

He displayed a willingness to get forward in support of Chris Taylor and helped set up the opener when Darren Randolph spilled his shot and Lee Hughes netted the rebound.

Jones said: "To be honest, I was just as happy with the win and a clean sheet. It's nice to get back to winning ways and we can now look forward to playing Leicester City on Saturday.

"Tayls did all the work for my goal by laying on the pass, I just had to do the rest. It put the game out of their reach but I was just pleased with the clean sheet, that's the best feeling."

Sheridan was just as pleased with Jones' display and hopes Wolves counterpart Mick McCarthy will agree to extend the 21-year-old's stay at Boundary Park.

He said: "Danny's an excellent player, he's comfortable on the ball, a good athlete and a left-back who likes to get forward.

"We'll look at the loan situation. Mick let me have him so he could play games and he likes the way we play - he's a player I like and someone I'd like to stay longer.

"The fans can see what quality he brings to the team and he gives us great balance being left-footed."

signed a new contract at wolves before he came here, so dont be expect us to sign him

IIRC so did scott vernon a short while before he went!!

my thinking is that players are worth more if they have a longer contract! they think he may be surplus to requirements, so they sign him up for an extra year, means they can ask for a few ££ more when he goes out on loan and impresses at another club...

that's how i look at it!! glass ALWAYS half FULL!!

IIRC so did scott vernon a short while before he went!!

my thinking is that players are worth more if they have a longer contract! they think he may be surplus to requirements, so they sign him up for an extra year, means they can ask for a few ££ more when he goes out on loan and impresses at another club...

that's how i look at it!! glass ALWAYS half FULL!!

As i have already confirmed he is NOT in McCarthys plans and the contract signing was merely to prevent him leaving on a fee it is no coincidence he signed a contract on the day we signed him as McCarthy had told him he wasnt going on loan until he did so.

Source = Another League 1 club who were looking to bring him in earlier this season.

As i have already confirmed he is NOT in McCarthys plans and the contract signing was merely to prevent him leaving on a fee it is no coincidence he signed a contract on the day we signed him as McCarthy had told him he wasnt going on loan until he did so.

Source = Another League 1 club who were looking to bring him in earlier this season.

Those of us what are dead clever and have long memories might figure out what club you have a link to Lordy, be careful what you reveal :ph34r:

Even if it is bollocks, and you are being a :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

:wink:

Those of us what are dead clever and have long memories might figure out what club you have a link to Lordy, be careful what you reveal :ph34r:

Even if it is bollocks, and you are being a :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

:wink:

The Cobblers put a bid in for him and Little according to my sources of around ONE MILLION POUNDS (que evil laugh).