John Bonham in the RRE

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
If I was a rock star I would be absolutely gutted to sign off in any way other than choking on my own vomit after taking a deadly cocktail of drink and drugs. Imagine the supergroup in Heaven – Bonham on drums, Hendrix on guitar, Bon Scott and Janis Joplin on vocals...

......and John Entwistle on Bass

EDIT : Of course Phil Lynott was a Bassist as well

Edited by oa_exile

Guest oa_exile

anyay getting back on Topic :)

I have been lucky see some of the Greatest drummers of all time

John Bonham

Cozy Powell

Neil Peart

Ian Paice

..........and not least Young Josh :grin:

Not seen Keith Moon , Ginger Baker ................any more I have missed ?

John Bonham

Cozy Powell

Neil Peart

Ian Paice

Dave “the human octopuss” Lombardi if you like the heavier stuff – The verse after the solos is just amazing

And Ringo Starr of course. He’s the greatest rock drummer in the world*

*The above statement is true in Ringo Starr’s head

Guest oa_exile
you saw cozy powell , now i am jealous , but i have seen don powell (slade's drummer , and he is still alive)

Funnily enough Bob I have actually met Don Powell (and Dave Hill) but not seen him play the drums.

He was on the same flight as me a couple of years ago , didnt know who Don was but spotted Dave Hill (Still has the same bad haircut :grin: ) was having a chat with them at the airport bar.

John Bonham

Cozy Powell

Neil Peart

Ian Paice

errrr Phil Collins of course! :grin: Always been amazing when I've seen him, and I'm a drummer too.

Awaits abuse...

Edited by pdw76

Guest oa_exile
errrr Phil Collins of course! :grin: Always been amazing when I've seen him, and I'm a drummer too.

Awaits abuse...

I am also a Genesis fan (original Line up) but Phil does not figure in their for me.

Guest oa_exile
I have his signed drumskin from a gig in Durban, SA. Cut my fingers to shreds when I was wrestling it out of someones hands :grin:

Bring it along to the next game to show me and then we can re-enact the scene again as I rip it out of your hands :grin:

john bonham played wirh john paul jones in led zepplin, this is different person to the paul jones that ws rhe lwead singer of manfred mann

For the avoidance of doubt, it was Paul Jones in Manfred Mann and John Paul Jones in Led Zep

People don't believe me when I tell them you can learn something every day on OWTB.

:whoosh:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

(The good doctor) Maddog is right you can't die of AIDS, however, what Freddy Mercury died of was from an AIDS related pneumonia (i.e. a pneumonia that is very hard to catch unless you have AIDS- or another immune deficency- and is only really leathal if you have AIDS/other immune problems). Didn't John Bonhom get the fish (I'm not sure it was a shark) used with the groupie from the Seattle Sound/Pacific Ocean after he'd caught it outside his hotel room with a fishing rod. I do think though it does give musicians a certain kudos if they die before they get old and would like to nominate those members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who died in the plane crash (another good way for musicans to die) to have auxilliary places in the band, plus Cliff Burton from Metallica who died in a bus crash could be the bassist.

As to the drummer's improv, maybe he's actually taken some of the 'constructive' critiscm on board and improved his playing, (I certainly think he's got better) but jazz anything is not the way forward.

Guest oa_exile
Didn't John Bonhom get the fish (I'm not sure it was a shark) used with the groupie from the Seattle Sound/Pacific Ocean after he'd caught it outside his hotel room with a fishing rod

I have read a couple of *Led Zep books* about the tales of the band.

The Edgewater Inn in Seattle was a favorite place were Led Zep (and other bands) liked to frequent.

The rooms overlooked a river and Bonzo liked to fish in it :lol:

The story goes that Bonzo caught a Fish (Mud Shark) .........and the rest is as they say History.

*For anyone interested : Stairway to Heaven Led Zep Uncencored by Richard Cole is the best one , followed by Hammer of the Gods by Stephen Davis

Edited by oa_exile

Congratulations to Josh.

At the begininning of the season people did not even want to be in the same stand as him, and some IIRC not even in the same stadium!

Now he is in the same thread as greats such as Jon Bonham, Cozy Powell, Bon Scott etc... :lol: