VHS to DVD?

tactically_naive

Remember VHS tapes? Ya know, the black plastic oblong things with a tape thingy coiled-up inside? :lol:

Well, mi missus has an all-time favourite film which is on VHS and we've consigned our VCR to the cupboard now that we've got a DVR and I can't be arsed to set it up again just cos she wants to watch some puppy poo film. <_< Therefore, she's set me a wee task to find a way to get said film onto a DVD and I wondered if anyone has ever done this before.

Before you ask, the film isn't available on DVD (I struggled to find it on VHS tbh) so I don't have the luxury of going buying it. :angry: I'm well practiced in video conversion from any format to DVD once it's on my PC, I just need a method of capturing the video.

Is this a home movie TN? :lol::wink:

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmm............................. :angel::unsure::lipsrsealed2:

No, sadly nothing as "exotic" as that. It's some poxy British film called "Dancin Thru The Dark". Not very good tbh but she loves it for some reason.

That's my story anyway...................

if its the willy russell about hen partys not sure if its the same one but try going on tinternet by typing the film name and have a look at amazon. dvd. sorry if u already tried this.

Thanks, but I'd already tried that anyway. I looked on the UK ebay and Amazon and there's lots more VHS tapes to but but no DVD. Don't think it was ever released on DVD in the UK but seems to have been in the US for some reason? :huh: