Ooooh Roger Palmer..

Just got off the phone to him and he said he would come with me if there is a second round match on the 29th of nov all i need to do now is contact the club. As for the interview with channel m he wants a few days to think about it, souds good though i told him how much of a legend he is with the fans and he said i know ha ha!!!

Superb news... keep us all updated please. What a big-head though :wink:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All time top goal scorer at the club.

Nearly 15 years since he played - and the fans still sing the chant.

The Dodger is up there with Royle, Ritchie etc. as all time greats at this club.

Knowing Roger was going to turn up at half-time would boost gates - imagine the chants, it would make the hairs on my neck stand up.

One of my favourite memories of Roger was late in his career in a home game against Derby in the Cup. Came on as a sub and with his first touch of the ball scored a beautiful lob over the disparing hands of Peter Shilton to put us 2-1 up. The "Ooh Roger Palmer" chant was deafening.

I'd have a statue of the great man outside the main entrance of the new main stand when it gets built in 2047.

Roger can come down in his wheel chair and unveil it.

Record rgalscorer in Oldham's history and he played in midfield - 10 years service - so many winning goals and a hat trick at Maine Road.

Beat that!

my dad got tickets for the do in the Clayton after the City game for his testimonial and made me go up to Roger and tell him what a legend he was, also managed to spill my buffett on Ian Marshall but most embarassingly as a 9/10 year old i didn't differenciate between a formal gathering and the Chaddy end and booed Paul Kane as he went up to get his season's medal at the presentation - resulted in a dead leg from an under the table dig off the old man

Edited by longtimeblue