Thompson out on loan for a month

Gets games (hopefully) / gains match fitness & stays fit (hopefully) & comes back at the end of it ready to do his job as a back-up for the team incase of injuries or suspensions.

i think it's a very sensible move from the club.

Thommo isn't a bad player, seen him in the stiffs a few times & tbh he is alot better than a fair few of the opposition CB's we've seen this season. He'd catch over half the sides in this division i'd say.

anyhow, good move for both player & club - good luck John; stay injury free!!!!!!

Lol...in the stiffs against the likes of non-league Mansfields reserves...or Stockports...or Ashtons etc....

Another one to the list of Branston, Arber and the Lord K!

Has anyone ever seen him play for us when REALLY fit? :blink:

I hope he can stay fit and prove himself, and challenge for our first team.

Yes...had a full preseason and several uninterrupted games at the start of the season...this fitness myth is just an excuse that was built up during the season. Not good enough....and gone! Next...

Extract from Thompson interview in the Nottingham Evening Post:

"I don't mind playing in different positions because I have done it before in my career.

"I had a season in centre midfield for Forest so if there are a few injuries I am handy to have in the squad because I can move around and hopefully do a good job."

Thompson had not played for the Latics since the end of March because of injuries.

"I just want to play as much football as I can because I haven't done that in about six months," he said.

"For me the football is the most important thing. At the moment I am staying a month but anything can happen.

"They (Oldham) are the people who pay my wages and they are the club I play for.

"But I didn't think I was going to get a run in the team at the moment with the way they are doing well in League One unless there were a few injuries. While I am here I am trying to help get the club as high in the table as I can."