O'Grady to Bury! [Merged Posts]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My sentiments exactly.

Win win for us.

Brett Ormerod in - experience, guille, work-rate & knows where the net is.

O'Grady out to give him games - Bury are playing well at the moment so should create chances for him. Few goals under his belt and he comes back fit & firing ready to push for a starting place.

I think this is far from the 'now we've worked with him, we've realised he's pants' loan move that some seem to think. O'Grady is still young, and this move will no-doubt do him the world of good.

Trotman / Taylor / Lomax et all have gone out on loan & come back better players for it - i'm all for this move - good thinking Shez, well done!!

Agree, except, did Taylor ever go on loan?

I think I must be in a minority one but I rate Chris O Grady. He is big strong and holds the ball up well. I hope we give him a chance when he comes back.

Im his number 1 fan :grin:

get in the queue

Edited by Lordy

At the risk of agreeing with Lordy and Slurms, not something that makes me proud I can assure you... :blink::grin:

I think O'Grady has definite promise, but he doesn't quite look ready to make the step up from League Two to League One. A stint with a promotion chasing League Two side should do him the world of good. And when he returns he'll be better equipped to fight for a place.

O'Grady wont get a starting position at that horrible club Bury, but with Ormerod coming in it inevitably moves him down the pecking order and I suppose Shez see's twenty minute stints off the bench for him better than being kept in the ressies. Not a bad move really.

ok! That must be why Shez has shipped him out to Bury then!

I've no doubt he probably does have a bit too offer - but not just yet, hence the loan move - improve confidence, experience etc.

I guess 1 man's Shearer is another man's Moulden :grin:

What a load of crap.... I tell you something, if we are one nil up with 10 min to go tomorrow, i would like to see O'grady on before anyone else

ogrady has been poor since pre season. Looks the part in terms of build and pace but when he gets the ball he doesnt seem to know what to do with it and wont take people on. His decision making has been poor as well, twice ve huddersfield a cross would have set someone up, instead he chose to blast it over and wide. Looked poor at stockport as well.

Needs goals and to improve his all round play to get in the team at the moment, davies looked good on saturday and has been doing well in the reserves and isnt far off a goal to set him off again, so a fully correct move by shez.

Edited by shefflatic

What a load of crap.... I tell you something, if we are one nil up with 10 min to go tomorrow, i would like to see O'grady on before anyone else

What about if we are one down with 10 min to go?

I'm a big fan too of O'Grady, he brings different skills to the table in areas where I think we've been weak traditionally and recently, hopefully this loan will bag him some goals and bring him back with fire in his belly!

ogrady has been poor since pre season. Looks the part in terms of build and pace but when he gets the ball he doesnt seem to know what to do with it and wont take people on. His decision making has been poor as well, twice ve huddersfield a cross would have set someone up, instead he chose to blast it over and wide. Looked poor at stockport as well.

Needs goals and to improve his all round play to get in the team at the moment, davies looked good on saturday and has been doing well in the reserves and isnt far off a goal to set him off again, so a fully correct move by shez.

This lad has not had a chance, 10min here and there... Did you go to Hartlepool and Tranmere. As for Davies, he has not put a shift in all season, thats why he isnt in the team, and Ormerod has been brought in. How can you judge someone who has playes so little football, the is the only holding striker we have, thats his game, and we just got rid

Funny how it starts...the little quips and the snidey joking remarks about a player...this time being O'Grady. After the topic on here last week with several really slagging him off, I thought to myself, I can see O'Grady ending up being shoved down the scapegoat route ala Ricketts and a few others.

As has been said, if we're 1 up tomorrow and are getting battered and the balls not sticking upfront at all, O'Grady would be ideal to bring on. Instead, he gets run outs like Burnley on his own upfront or thrown straight in with Davies for one game at Stockport and is written off. It's quite tiresome and pathetic.

I stick up for Davies a lot but his inability to test a keeper is wearing a little thin at present. I expect him to improve, but at present for me O'Grady has offered us far more in the first 10 games (that magical number we talk about when saying how long you give someone from the start of a season) than Davies has. I would've preferred CD to have had a run out elsewhere to find the net while Ormerod and Hughes (with Lewis as understudy) doing their thing. 3 goalscorers (ok, maybe not quite Lewis yet but with Hughes I think he will) whereas O'Grady becomes your alternative option upfront. Now we don't have that...Lewis ain't got the bulk like O'Grady has and has bounced off several defenders this season.

Bad move...just hope it ain't a costly one and that we're not stuck protecting a lead or even a point tomorrow, wishing we had O'Grady to do what he did at Tranmere and Leeds and Hartlepool. As I said in last weeks post...I really do wonder how many of those who don't rate O'G have missed those games and have only seen him at BP or the local Stockport game.

I stick up for Davies a lot but his inability to test a keeper is wearing a little thin at present. I expect him to improve, but at present for me O'Grady has offered us far more in the first 10 games (that magical number we talk about when saying how long you give someone from the start of a season) than Davies has.

Yes he must improve, yes he will hopefully improve on his current showing, as for testing the keeper.....has O'Grady got near the keeper yet?

I agree he does offer us something different than a'pacy, unpredictable, talented goalscorer - the ball sticks to him and he backs into defenders........a few more games and a bit more confidence and he might show a bit more to his game. No scapegoat.......managers decision!!!

If it was so much crap, why has our manager shipped him out for a month?.........If someone looks like they can win a game for you/make you stronger as a squad....he is in the squad and not loaned out to become that player....just a thought!

Yes he must improve, yes he will hopefully improve on his current showing, as for testing the keeper.....has O'Grady got near the keeper yet?

I agree he does offer us something different than a'pacy, unpredictable, talented goalscorer - the ball sticks to him and he backs into defenders........a few more games and a bit more confidence and he might show a bit more to his game. No scapegoat.......managers decision!!!

Yet :wink:

As for O'Grady getting near the keeper, for me, he hasn't needed to yet. He's contributed to our points tally in other ways...the goals may come later on too. Bonus!

Also, personally, I didn't agree with Davies and O'Grady upfront at Stockport coz in preseason I felt the pairing wouldn't work (no playing off each other, poor first touches...altho O'Gs has improved a lot since preseason.) Just hope the small trickle of discontent towards O'G that there is (and was in the very beginning with the likes of Ricketts and other scapegoats) doesn't snowball into a witchhunt.

Edited by boundaryblue80

As for O'Grady getting near the keeper, for me, he hasn't needed to yet. He's contributed to our points tally in other ways...the goals may come later on too. Bonus!

Also, personally, I didn't agree with Davies and O'Grady upfront at Stockport coz in preseason I felt the pairing wouldn't work (no playing off each other, poor first touches...altho O'Gs has improved a lot since preseason.) Just hope the small trickle of discontent towards O'G that there is (and was in the very beginning with the likes of Ricketts and other scapegoats) doesn't snowball into a witchhunt.

For all the agreeing and disagreeing ross we may have on individual players abilities/being picked etc....the 1 thing that is totally in agreement is regarding witchunts, you're dead right - there is no place for them, when following your club!! (Unless it's Branston!!) :grin:

For all the agreeing and disagreeing ross we may have on individual players abilities/being picked etc....the 1 thing that is totally in agreement is regarding witchunts, you're dead right - there is no place for them, when following your club!! (Unless it's Branston!!) :grin:

ohhhh chris o grady

he comes back from bury

ohhh chris o grady

he scores us many

ohh chris og rady

Did he not need to get near the keeper in the Stockport game then?.......I dont think he needs to get near the keeper as such, just in to goalscoring areas, which he hasnt when I have seen him. I dont know if he has in the games I havent seen him in, but obviously he hasnt been convincing if he has (0 goals!).

I think this loan worke well for the both of us, They pay his wages, and hopefully we get a better more confident striker back.