O'Grady to Bury! [Merged Posts]

Did he not need to get near the keeper in the Stockport game then?.......

Hence my comment..."Also, personally, I didn't agree with Davies and O'Grady upfront at Stockport coz in preseason I felt the pairing wouldn't work"...would've prefered Lewis with him in that game as I reckon they'd link better and work for one another.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hence my comment..."Also, personally, I didn't agree with Davies and O'Grady upfront at Stockport coz in preseason I felt the pairing wouldn't work"...would've prefered Lewis with him in that game as I reckon they'd link better and work for one another.

whether or not you agree with the pairing, he still needed to trouble the keeper? Or is it ok not to offer a threat because you are not suited to your strike partner?

Edited by dave_ragg1984

whether or not you agree with the pairing, he still needed to trouble the keeper? Or is it ok not to offer a threat because you are not suited to your strike partner?

Well, yeah, it would've helped for him to trouble the keeper at Stockport...yes, he needs to offer more than he has done so far...but so far he's offered more than Davies who hasn't troubled a keeper nor offered the hold up play O'G has. Hence why I think the wrong person has been sent out on loan. And hope we don't sit there for the next month thinking we could've used him for the last 30 mins in games to hold the ball up for us.

Well, yeah, it would've helped for him to trouble the keeper at Stockport...yes, he needs to offer more than he has done so far...but so far he's offered more than Davies who hasn't troubled a keeper nor offered the hold up play O'G has. Hence why I think the wrong person has been sent out on loan. And hope we don't sit there for the next month thinking we could've used him for the last 30 mins in games to hold the ball up for us.

Well one thing is, we don't know if O'Grady can be recalled. Also, Davies almost scored a beauty at Hartlepool, and was good against Hereford and almost scored in the 2nd half (i also thought he played well). So basically, O'Grady has held the ball up well late on at Leeds and Tranmere (wasnt at Hartlepool so i cant comment) but from what I have seen he is not better and has not offered more than Davies. This one month loan will do a lot more for O'Grady than it would for Davies, and it will do a lot more for OAFC than sending Davies out on loan would.

O'Grady's holding up of the ball and bringing other players into the game will be missed, and it's a gamble sending him to Bury, but as we've been told before, it's all a question of juggling within the budget. It may sound Corney to them, but tell the extra Latics supporters, who are attending today, that if they keep returning with regularity, the swollen coffers might just allow both Ormerod and O'Grady to be kept at BP next month. :ktf: