Hughes and.....

Guest oa_exile

Talking to my Postman this morning , who is a knobender and goes home and away.

Was asking about Ormerod and told me that Ormerod will "Run his socks off and create lots of space for others to get into".

He likes him a lot but says he has not really had a sniff at Preston to date.he went onto say he thinks the Ormerod - Hughes partnership is a good move by Oldham.

Someone like Alessandra has a far richer future in football. A player with a first touch which is always under his control; it's what seperates the wheat from the chaff at the higher levels. He's not had much luck in front of goal lately (And neither has Davies), and if it wasn't for a couple of outstanding saves then he'd have notched a couple of times at least. But the big thing for him is the ball sticks up front when he's up there. I'd always prefer Lewis to start a match and Davies to come on when defenders are tiring and his 3 touches to bring a ball under control isn't being punished all the time.

For Ormerod and Hughes, they know where to run because they have so much experience behind them, and quicker speed of thought. If you look at any top class striker, they can anticipate where a ball is going to go, so it's that speed of thought to act earlier than the defender which gets them into goalscoring positions. A fantastic example of that was the penalty Hereford conceded last week; Hughes didn't beat N'Gotty for pace, he simply anticipated where the ball was going to go and got there first.

Spot on