RRE Oldham Fans

i used to sit in its many disguises th old ford stand for20 years atl least and the chaddy enders vocally have always been crap unless we were 5 nil up after about half an hour and even for the odd cup game here and there when i sat in the chaddy end still thought vocally it was naff - now having been forced to sit in the rrE vocally it is bloody amazing and even when we went behind it was still rockin - if there is a debate reagarding this no competition RRE will win hands down

Edited by neiladamsheadband

My first time in the RRE yesterday for about ten years. Thought the atmosphere was good. I felt there was a bit of a buzz around BP yesterday.

Only heard the Chaddy End once, yet my mate who was sat in the Chaddy said it was quite noisy in there yesterday.

I sit in the Chaddy and like the fact that fans in the RRE seem to keep singing for most of the game. In seasons gone by, we've played games where the crowd has been silent for 90 mins. Fair play to the singers in the RRE.

is this not the post constructive post on the debate? fans singing at both ends must surely lift the players and is a lot better than the library of the past couple of years.

Maybe you should clap slower then! The drummer did fine yesterday, people who decide to clap out of time with him aren't helping things at all. There have been loads of times this season where a song has started with plenty of backing and some have decided it would be much better if we sung it as fast as humanly possible. It normally ends with the vast majority stopping and the song dieing on it's arse. The 'Oh When the Blues' chant has been ruined by exactly this, what happened to a couple of seasons back when we could keep that going and going and going? I think it was Swindon away under talbot, we sung that solid for about 20 mins. We need to keep a steady pace and let it build. That's the reason 'sheridans blue and white army' generally works best out of all our songs.

It's a bit of a chicken and egg one, this. The song was ruined by the drummer, it was his arrhythmical and accelerating banging that led people to expect it to go faster, now people go faster even when he isn't there. He seems to have been practicing a bit and keeps a steadier beat most of the time and while he's there thumping away I try to keep the same pace, but it still doesn't quite fit right with the whole stand being led by one person, it goes against the whole collective grain of what "terrace" singing is about.

It's a bit of a chicken and egg one, this. The song was ruined by the drummer, it was his arrhythmical and accelerating banging that led people to expect it to go faster, now people go faster even when he isn't there. He seems to have been practicing a bit and keeps a steadier beat most of the time and while he's there thumping away I try to keep the same pace, but it still doesn't quite fit right with the whole stand being led by one person, it goes against the whole collective grain of what "terrace" singing is about.

I'm not saying his drumming is perfect, but he has improved and generally does ok. There's no point in all of us pulling in different directions on this, i'm sure you'll have seen the franfurt vids from youtube that have been posted on here, they appear to be led by one person with a mega phone so I don't see why we should be fighting it. I'm not saying that he should be the only one to start chants, but if we're honest, plenty of our fans need a bit of help keeping a beat and the drum is good tool for holding onto a steady pace. I think the worst case of the exponential tempo increase in songs came at Burnley this season. It seemed like there were 2 competeing groups at the top of the stand trying to start songs and every time it ended in a break neck pace as people got a carried away. If i remember right, the drum wasn't taken to burnley?

SUGGESTION

Sheridan's Blue and White Army - RRE

Sheridan's Blue and White Army - Chaddy End

This would be amazing - woddya reck?

how about

sheridans blue and white army -rre-chaddy -main all at the same time !

now that would be amazing and intimidating !

Maybe you should clap slower then! The drummer did fine yesterday, people who decide to clap out of time with him aren't helping things at all. There have been loads of times this season where a song has started with plenty of backing and some have decided it would be much better if we sung it as fast as humanly possible. It normally ends with the vast majority stopping and the song dieing on it's arse. The 'Oh When the Blues' chant has been ruined by exactly this, what happened to a couple of seasons back when we could keep that going and going and going? I think it was Swindon away under talbot, we sung that solid for about 20 mins. We need to keep a steady pace and let it build. That's the reason 'sheridans blue and white army' generally works best out of all our songs.

sorry to piss on your chips but anyone who believes the drummer isnt responsible for the death of oh when the blues, is living in cloud cuckoo land

More RRE vs CHaddy willy waving... How boring :(

Actually the "willy waving" between the chaddy and the RRE in trying to out do each other is in my opinion really helping the atmosphere in fact I actively encourage it just aslong as we all try and back the boys thats all that really matters. I sit in the main stand and thought the Chaddy was actually louder against Hudders but yesterday the RRE lot were the louder and us in the main stand were joining in which was also great.

RRE lot though aren't quite as loud as some of them think they are.

was, sung all second half - quality... Johnson got the winner in the sun

SUGGESTION

This would be amazing - woddya reck?

FC Twente do exactly that and then every now and again the sides join in......it sounds good with maximum effort.

sorry to piss on your chips but anyone who believes the drummer isnt responsible for the death of oh when the blues, is living in cloud cuckoo land

He possibly is, but that doesn't mean he is the cause of all things bad on the singing front as so many would have you believe. I don't know the guy and i've never spoken to him but it just seems he is made a scapegoat when the atmosphere isn't that great or whatever. His drumming ain't perfect but I think on the whole he is helping the atmosphere. Also there isn't exactly a correlation between 'oh when the blues' being sung badly and the drums presence. It seems to be ruined by people speeding up regardless of whether the drum is there or not. Burnley away was shocking for this as i've already said, and it wasn't just 'oh when teh blues' it was pretty much every song and that was without the drum. We need a core of people who are going to try and keep the rhythm steady regardless of whether others around them are 'losing their heads' and frantically speeding up, power through it and bring em into line. Only way we can get that chant back.