Whitaker or Wellens

oldhamoafc

Whitaker or Wellens?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets your vote?

• Danny Whitaker
    • Richie Wellens

Technical / skill level basis Wellens wins it - and I voted for him.

As a person on the pitch / in a team I'd prefer DW in Oldham's team. He integrates better into a team and helps others more, with RW its all through him or not at all.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wellens on his day top notch but thats the point 'on his day' some games he was anonymous. Now im not saying whitaker doesnt/wont have poor games but ive never faulted his effort so far and he is a more box to box midfielder with plenty of running which i much prefer to a cultured playmaker. When the chips are down i know id much rather have whitaker in the team.

Both players had their strengths, but for me has to be DW.

Wellens definately the more creative but whittaker chips in with more goals and is more of a team player.

And when wellens was in the team i defo think we were something of a one man team. when wellens played, latics played. when wellens had an off day, latics had an off day

I would love to but I am past it.

Wellens for me btw, by a million miles. Without a doubt the most talented player to grace the kit in the last ten years. I would have him back in a heartbeat - and I bet Shez would to.

KtF,

Derek.

In the last ten years? I'd take Eyresy or Shez over Wellens.

OK .... I HATE (and i mean HATE) RITCHIE WELLENS .... BUT is this debate for real ???

Wellens only bad attribute is his attitude and money grabbing personality ... almost always our best man AND we played Donny 5 times last season and he was IMMENSE each match running the show ... esp. when dropping deep in the 2nd half

Danny is a technically gifted player BUT at league 1/league 2 level - not even close to wellens who can win football matches on his own, I'd even prefer Ritchie footballing wise to Kilkenny 'cos of his gritty side that he adds. Danny will maybe score more goals BUT cannot win a match by takin in by the scruff of the neck like Wellens consistantly did both for us, Donny and probably at B'Pool as well given their attitude towards the SCUMBAG

Hope I'm wrong as Danny is a class pro and will never do a Wellens/Porter :mad:

Def DW.

I took a dislike to Wellens after he gave me the finger. I only politely asked him what he was doing? It appeared he didn't know himself.

He was very inconsistant. He was arrogant. He probably still is. But I don't care cos we've gopt DW now.

OK .... I HATE (and i mean HATE) RITCHIE WELLENS .... BUT is this debate for real ???

Wellens only bad attribute is his attitude and money grabbing personality ... almost always our best man AND we played Donny 5 times last season and he was IMMENSE each match running the show ... esp. when dropping deep in the 2nd half

Danny is a technically gifted player BUT at league 1/league 2 level - not even close to wellens who can win football matches on his own, I'd even prefer Ritchie footballing wise to Kilkenny 'cos of his gritty side that he adds. Danny will maybe score more goals BUT cannot win a match by takin in by the scruff of the neck like Wellens consistantly did both for us, Donny and probably at B'Pool as well given their attitude towards the SCUMBAG

Hope I'm wrong as Danny is a class pro and will never do a Wellens/Porter :mad:

dont we have allott to do that now ?

we played Donny 5 times last season and he was IMMENSE each match running the show ... esp. when dropping deep in the 2nd half

Hmmmm a rain soaked BP and a last minute penalty that wasn't, Wellens wasn't immense in that one......in fact wasn't he subbed to bring Hayter on?

As much as I like Whitaker, I can’t really see past Wellens in a debate for who is the better footballer.

Whitaker and Allot make a good pair though, while I don’t think that Wellens ever really had much of a settled midfielder to play along with.

It would be interesting to see if a Wellens Allot midfield would have improved Wellen’s game or if he needed to be the big fish in a small pond to play well.

Guest oa_exile
Whittaker, as he'll have more than two good games a season.

:lipsrsealed2: That has to be a :whoosh:

Strange when he was here that for most Latics fans he was the best midfielder in the league :blink: