Metallica UK Tour

ste1987

Excellent stuff! Seated?

No idea Ste - mines a story of right time, right place - got the opportunity.

Went out last weekend to the Missus' Aunties 40th, her Husband was asking us if we wanted tickets for the Ting-Tings, not my cup of tea, my Wife likes them so go on then, thanks for the offer! Then I asked what is he up to for him to be offloading these sell-out tickets, "Well, Metallica are at the MEN on the same evening, and I told the Missus that we're seeing them instead - no negotiation - the Ting-Tings are crap". His better half is NOT a Metallica fan however she reluctantly approved. He's like me - very much appreciates decent metal, so after about ooooooooooh I don't know - three seconds thought I said "How about our Good Ladies going to see the Ting-Tings and me and you mosh it up at the MEN....."

...and that's how I've got a ticket for Metallica - and both of our Ladies are chuffed to be seeing the Ting-Tings. Top bloke is her husband, he really is a top bloke...

so after about ooooooooooh I don't know - three seconds thought I said "How about our Good Ladies going to see the Ting-Tings and me and you mosh it up at the MEN....."

Negotiated like a true pro!

Looks like we might ba able to have a bit of an OWTB love in at the MEN (and no doubt a beer or 7 beforehand)!

No idea Ste - mines a story of right time, right place - got the opportunity.

Went out last weekend to the Missus' Aunties 40th, her Husband was asking us if we wanted tickets for the Ting-Tings, not my cup of tea, my Wife likes them so go on then, thanks for the offer! Then I asked what is he up to for him to be offloading these sell-out tickets, "Well, Metallica are at the MEN on the same evening, and I told the Missus that we're seeing them instead - no negotiation - the Ting-Tings are crap". His better half is NOT a Metallica fan however she reluctantly approved. He's like me - very much appreciates decent metal, so after about ooooooooooh I don't know - three seconds thought I said "How about our Good Ladies going to see the Ting-Tings and me and you mosh it up at the MEN....."

...and that's how I've got a ticket for Metallica - and both of our Ladies are chuffed to be seeing the Ting-Tings. Top bloke is her husband, he really is a top bloke...

Haha that turned out excellent then! Can't wait for that gig. Got seats as standing i couldnt get but they are decent seats all the same. 5th row from front and the stage in the middle will make a cracking view.

Machine Head were on fine form supporting Slipknot on Tuesday, really looking forward to this now!

This will be my first time seeing Metallica indoors, all the other times it's been at a festival.

Massive machine head fan and im glad they are supporting so i can see them live. Was it their older stuff their set focussed on like 'Old' and 'From This Day' or was it the newer stuff?

From memory I'm pretty sure they played...

Imperium

Beautiful Mourning

Aesthetics of Hate

Old

Hallowed be thy Name

Halo

Davidian

...these are probably in the wrong order.

There were also three guys dressed up as Santa in the seated section. Rob heckled the security to let them through so he could see them in the pit. All three ended up onstage having a drink before performing the worst stage dives I've ever seen!

Edited by Latics_Al

• 2 months later...
No idea, the lad that I'll going with is holding the tickets.

You up for a beer beforehand Matt? Got a half day so will have to get the train home from Mcr, meet the missus, farm out the sort our the kids :wink: and then get the train back into Mcr@ around 4pm ish. A few beers and a bite to eat round the PW and then into the arena for more warm overpriced fizz.

Had to leave at 11.00, usual thing 'train to catch' 'mates ears bleeding' ...... :shock:

what covers did they do at the end? heard them talking about it on

rock radio this morning.

Saw a Latics fan walking around the concourse with a Latics bobby hat on ......was that anyone on here?

===================================================================

Splendid evening all 'round!

Wasn't sure about them "playing in the round" beforehand, but it worked perfectly.

Anyone else see Lars nearly take a tumble into his kit when the turntable moved as he was stepping on?

Noticed him come in late on a few songs! haha

He was a bit of a cock at the end. My seats were located near where they entered the stage from that corner of the arena. Lars (with a towel over his head covering his body) and Kirk run right past all the fans not even stopping for a glance whilst Robert and James lap it all up.

Still an excellent night though! Loved the merge between Nothing Else Matters and Enter Sandman!

Had to leave at 11.00, usual thing 'train to catch' 'mates ears bleeding' ...... :shock:

what covers did they do at the end? heard them talking about it on

rock radio this morning.

Saw a Latics fan walking around the concourse with a Latics bobby hat on ......was that anyone on here?

===================================================================

Blitzkrieg and The Prince