Playoff Location

Ackey

Playoff Finals  

36 members have voted

1. 1. If Latics make the Playoffs, where would you want them held?

• Wembley
    • Cardiff
    • Either

LEAGUE supremo Brian Mawhinney has called for the play-off finals at the newly-completed Wembley.

Lord Mawhinney spoke out after contractors Multiplex handed over the keys to the new £757m, 90,000-seat stadium to the Football Association last Friday.

"It is beginning to look like we might be having the play-off finals at Wembley," he said.

"By the end of the month we hope to have the safety certificate from Brent, which is a key document.

"Historically, Wembley is the traditional, spiritual home of the game in this country and any fan wants to see his or her team play there.

"We managed to provide competitive games in a fine setting - the Millennium Stadium - while Wembley was unavailable.

"But everyone wants to go to Wembley."

The bid now rests on Brent Council, whom football chiefs are hoping will award a safety certificate following two 60,000-capacity test events.

The FA and Football League cannot grant permission for the play-off finals - due to take place on May 26-28 - to be played at Wembley until safety clearance is given.

If authorisation is not granted in time, all games will revert to Cardiff's Millennium Stadium.

Latics - currently fifth in League One - are still aiming for automatic promotion, and manager John Sheridan has said his side require "four or five wins" to be sure of a play-off berth.

From >here<

Personally, I'm conflicted... but what do you think?

Guest sheridans_world

I think after 4 votes its unanamous. Wembley is the home of football! (When latics arnt playing at Boundary Park)

'one Owl on a shirt, Playoff Trophy's Gleaming,

13 Years of Hurt, Never Stopped Me Dreaming'

so many jokes, so many snears

but all those 'oh so near's

when your down, through the years

but i still see that tackle by Ian

and when Earl Barrett scored, Dennis belting the ball

and Richie dancing

'one Owl on a shirt, Playoff Trophy's Gleaming,

13 Years of Hurt, Never Stopped Me Dreaming'

Ok maybe the rhyming is perfect but you get the idea :-D

From >here<

Personally, I'm conflicted... but what do you think?

Personally I would like to play this years play off final at Cardiff as I don't think I will get another chance to do it, also don't think play off final for our division would fill wembley.

But then I would like to do Wembley next year in The Championship Play off final. :thumb08: :D:bblue2:

If we get there, I'm going to be absolutely plastered all that weekend. Birthday weekend.

Not bothered were it was at, so long as we get there. Would be nice to go to either. The Millenium looked impressive from the outside when we went to Swansea, but being one of the first teams to play in the new Wembley would be amazing.

I could not care less. As long as we get out of this league they can play it wherever they want, the venue is not important at all. If we won the playoff final the surroundings would mean nothing. They could play it on the moon for all I care, I'd be there and as long as we get out of this league that is all that matters.

I could not care less. As long as we get out of this league they can play it wherever they want, the venue is not important at all. If we won the playoff final the surroundings would mean nothing. They could play it on the moon for all I care, I'd be there and as long as we get out of this league that is all that matters.

WEMBERLEEEEEE WEMBERLEEEEEEEE. Anyone who prefers the Millenium is a dangerous subversive.

Saying that we wont need it as we're going to come 2nd. BELIEVE!

I think Cardiff is easier to get to from SE London, but I'd still prefer Wembley. It would be nice to have a look round the Welsh place but play-off games there will just be a quirk of history when we look back. I'm with Shiny though, still holding out for neither.

I think Cardiff is easier to get to from SE London, but I'd still prefer Wembley. It would be nice to have a look round the Welsh place but play-off games there will just be a quirk of history when we look back. I'm with Shiny though, still holding out for neither.

and let us not forget that if we end up in the playoffs we will lose in the semi's. For it is written.