I never heard Ernie Cooksey booed, he had a great attitude every player no matter what ability should follow.

I can see the point your making, but that's never going to happen unfortunately. As i'm sure you're more than aware that generally in a team/squad, you have 4, 5 or maybe 6 players who you can say have a great 'attitude' and regardless of ability, they give you everything, more or less every game, However on the otherside of the coin and again, i believe you to know this more than most, there are players who, down to confidence, desire, different aptitudes, do not show this type of commitment.

I, like you and many others believe that the least you can/should give is attitude, commitment and effort - unfortunately the realism is that this doesn't happen week in, week out, especially at our level, hence why most stay/or are at this level.

I deplore booing, but if people do want to vent their frustration then do it after the game. During the game doesn't help. The lads are hardly going to think, 'Oh, they're booing us, let's pull our socks up'. The reaction is 'Sod 'em, why should I run my arse off for people jeering and abusing me?'.

errr................................ because they are getting paid a wage to play professional football?

they shouldn't 'decide' when to make an effort, they should give it there best every game they play in.

If I resorted to booing during/after every bad performance over the last 45 seasons of watching Athletic I would be permanently hoarse.

In my time I have seen more downs than ups, more poor performances than good ones. You have to savour the good ones and try to forget the bad ones (not easy I admit)

Where I sit in the upper Main Stand there is constant slagging off of players if a pass goes astray or if a chance goes begging. If the players were perfect they would be playing at the highest level. The younger players (who seem to get the most stick) will improve with encouragement from other players, staff & fans. Constant stick will only de-motivate players. Yes, I know they are professionals and get well paid for playing

Anyway rant over

Conclusion

If you have enjoyed the performance, applaud, if not just leave quietly at the end.

:mainstand:

errr................................ because they are getting paid a wage to play professional football?

they shouldn't 'decide' when to make an effort, they should give it there best every game they play in.

If your boss at work was booing you and shouting at you telling you how s*** you are...even though you're getting paid for your work, would it act as an incentive to pull your finger out and work harder?

They should give their best...the performance was awful on Saturday but I wouldn't overly say it was because of a lack of effort. Just one of those days when nothing goes right and everyone's off form...we played well to begin with and then they got a goal against the run of play...quickly followed by us gifting them another...and before you know it the heads are down. So what's some fans' response? To get behind them and lift the team? No. Boo when a corner is claimed by the keeper, and shout abuse at those off form. Top notch support!

I will boo if I don't see the effort required. They are doing a job thousands would do for free so effort is a must. If someone feels that the team hasn't put enough effort in at the end of a half or game then they have every right to boo and let the players and management know.

I wouldn't boo if someone did something crap though, so I promise I won't boo when Eardley tries to play the ball down the line tonight or Taylor tries to cross with his left. If someone makes a mistake booing or moaning isn't going to help.

If there is a lack of motivation or effort I can see how it could help. A bollocking or kick up the backside helps every now and then when I'm playing.

it has the makings of a great comedy sketch, people booing in a coffee shop because the staff didnt sprinkle chocolate on the coffee. booing in comet because the tv they want two day delivery not next day. booing at the traffic lights beacuse its after 6pm and they change slower. booing in waterstones because fly fishing by jr hartley is out of stock. booing santas grotto in the spindles because its 9.01am and its not open, then booing the slow ticket barrier on the way out.

ITS MY TICKET/ AND ILL BOO IF I WANT TO

BOO IF I WANT TO

BOO IF I WANT TO

YOU WOULD BOO TOO/ IF YOUR LIFE WAS THIS POO

DO DE DO DO DOO

one of the laws of the Ultra is to never stop singing or chanting during a match, no matter what the result

See FC Basle last week.

Took a proper hammering from Barcelona and were still right behind the side.

Quite unique really and something most teams can only dream of.

one of the laws of some of the ISZ crew is to never sing and don't stop whinging during a match, no matter what the result

the question is, do people enjoy doing that? I feel that if there is an atmosphere being made and I'm part of it then I can enjoy the game more

See FC Basle last week.

Took a proper hammering from Barcelona and were still right behind the side.

Quite unique really and something most teams can only dream of.

Barcelona was Basle's cup final, of course they are gonna still be behind their side. I'm sure if we got a battering at Everton our fans would have still sung. Doesn't make them any better fans.

Could you see the same Basle fans being behind their side getting beat by some awful Swiss side? I doubt it.

Oh and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!