Greegan mistake AGAIN!

i know he did, but he still should have been sent off. errors can be excused/ ignored or glossed over, but over time failings can not be disquised.

Leeds manager Gary McAllister described Gregan as "the outstanding player on the park", while Sheridan also hailed the veteran defender's inspiring display at Reuben Hazell's shoulder. Taken from the Yorkshire post report on the game.

He's had a temporary dip in form, nothing more.

Edited by danoafc

He's had a temporary dip in form, nothing more.

I put that down to his enforced absence for a month. If ever a player needed to capitalise on momentum built up it's Seany Boy. Form is temporary and so are lapses in concentration...........expect the swagger to return soon!

I put that down to his enforced absence for a month. If ever a player needed to capitalise on momentum built up it's Seany Boy. Form is temporary and so are lapses in concentration...........expect the swagger to return soon!

I'm sure you're right.

Can someone tell us what Greegs says in his 'rallying call' on Latics World referred to on the OS?

FFS I cannot believe someone has seen fit to start another Gregan is :censored: and not up to the job thread AGAIN.

Only Chris Taylor has had more man of the match performances than Gregan this season, he has been absolutely immense for us time and time again.

Opposion managers keep mentioning Gregans performances as being the difference between the two teams, but we still get this :censored:e when maybe he wasn't positioned 100% correctly and a goal is conceeded or he slips etc.

The last few games have been littered with absolutely piss poor performances by Latics players and believe me we have bigger problems to overcome than Gregan having a "one off" bad game.

I really do despair with some Latics fans.

KTF.

Leeds manager Gary McAllister described Gregan as "the outstanding player on the park", while Sheridan also hailed the veteran defender's inspiring display at Reuben Hazell's shoulder. Taken from the Yorkshire post report on the game.

obviously, even some leeds fans (and the manager) are bright enough to realise that saying 'ooh we shud have had a penalty then its a different game' sounds like sour grapes. yes, its a results business but some people also note other things in making judgements. if them penalties were given and he was off at tranmere its a different league table. i dont doubt his arial ability, his presence or his 50\50 tackling ability, but those who refuse to believe his temprament and decision making are less than 99% are being silly and probably want to touch him.

obviously, even some leeds fans (and the manager) are bright enough to realise that saying 'ooh we shud have had a penalty then its a different game' sounds like sour grapes. yes, its a results business but some people also note other things in making judgements. if them penalties were given and he was off at tranmere its a different league table. i dont doubt his arial ability, his presence or his 50\50 tackling ability, but those who refuse to believe his temprament and decision making are less than 99% are being silly and probably want to touch him.

And if he didn't win them headers or make them challenges, or bollock Ratboy and ratman in midfield when they don't track their players back and if he wasn't such a MASSIVE influence in our side, then yes it would also be a different league table.

And if you took hughes goals and assists out it would be

And if you took Taylors goals and assists out it would be.

Ok i'll stop there!! :wink:

I don't think that anybody refuses to believe his temprament and decision making are less than 99% (anybody that was stood near me during the Accy game last season will testify that I certainly don't), however IMO he is still a class act and probably the best defender we have at the club. Yes he's prone to dropping the odd bollock and will get involved in 'games' with his man, but these have been fairly few and far between this season.

And he's certainly not the only one who's left his man unmarked with a rush of blood over the last few weeks. Just check out the Stockport goals for proof.

His form has dipped - as Prozac says more likely than not due to his recent suspension and quite possibly due to having other things on his mind. One thing I will say though is that he will save us far more goals than he costs us with his defending, and lets face it, if he never made mistakes he'd not be playing for a 3rd division club would he?

It depresses me greatly that the only player to bring in is Stam.

Stam isn't good enough at ALL so we are stuck with what we have at the back and have no real options especially as Thompson has gone on Loan its like picking the best from a bad bunch I am far from convinced with Byrne also.

Stam was good enough last season. We looked very solid when he stayed fit. Unfortunately he will need match practice to get him up to speed.