Quarter of the season gone

Have you lived up to your expectations so far?

I think so, I was suprised that we were topping the league early on, still a long way to go but but I do feel we will finnish up in the top 6

Who has been your best player so far?

Chris Taylor - wasnt too sure about him when Doncaster were aparantly bidding £300k for him but I think he's shown he's worth that

Worst player?

not too sure to be honest, I'm not one of these who uses a scapegoat, when we've underperformed it's been a different reason each time

Best team you've seen so far?

Leicester - I thought that was a good point

Worst team?

Hereford - It could of been a lot more than 4 that day

Your best performance so far?

has to be Leeds away, it was a professional job

Your predicted finish based on what you've seen so far?

as stated above I'm going for top 6

stolen from another forum

Edited by Tommy_Fent

im unsure where we should be to be honest early form indicated we are a good side but 1 win in 7 indicated we are not as good as we thought

sean gregan and chris taylor

Worst player?

davies- very dissapointing

Leicester and Mk

Worst team?

cheltenham

leeds

8th

stolen from another forum

No, I expect us to be higher and the likes of Peterborough shouldn't reallllyyyy be above us with the team we have this season.

Chris Taylor. He has ripped apart every team so far.

Worst player?

Neal Eardley, he has his moments of brilliance and when he does he looks a different class, but when he is off his game and comes back from international duty the team resort to playing hoofball and we all know we can devour teams when we play flowing attacking football.

Leicster, althoguh that would be expected. Even though if we had scored 10 minutes earlier I think we would have won 2-1.

Worst team?

Millwall on the opening day, absolutely shocking.

The Millwall Comeback.

When we play aggressive attacking football I would say 3rd/4th.]

When we play hoofball I would say 6th/7th.

Edited by Xander_OAFC

Yes, 7th isnt as bad as people are making out, were only in October for god`s sake.

Chris Taylor/Lee Hughes - both have got there fair share of goals and assists.

Worst player?

Neal Eardley, his head has gone this season and his performances are getting worse. I like the lad and think he is a decent prospect, but for some reason hes having an awful start so far.

Skill wise ive not been impressed with anyone, i thought Millwall looked decent going forward. I`d have to say Leicster just for there organisation and solidness.

Worst team?

Cheltenham.

Tranmere or Leeds.

Id say 4th.

I'd say so, i'm satisfied with the position we're in at this stage.

Chris Taylor - We always knew he was a good player, but he really struggled for most of last season. Back to his best now...

Worst player?

Neal Eardley.

MK Dons looked a good side, even though we beat them. Leicester impressed me aswell.

Worst team?

Hereford were awful, as were Cheltenham.

The Millwall fightback was excellent.

I'd be disappointed if we're not in the top 6 come the end of the season.

Yes. Out of the top 5 on Goal Difference, 4 points off 2nd. Cant complain at all.

Ooooh... Greegs/Hughes before Gregan's ban, Jones for 1/2 games afterwards, overall, probably Taylor.

Worst player?

Depends - there's a different bad player each game!

Erm - Leicester I think, Millwall in 1st half

Worst team?

Hereford.

Leeds

4th.

Going into the first game, absolutely. Thought we had a team that was capable of the playoffs and we certainly do. After four or five games, I thought perhaps we're capable of pushing for auto, and having seen what this team can do, I still do. We've had a dip in form, and are in and around where I thought we would be at the start of the season.

Gregan has been superb apart from the last couple of games. The swagger is back and so is the quality, he's big and imposing and would walk into any other defence in this division, and dare I say a few in the Championship. Whitaker has been a surprise package for me, thought he'd do a job but he's looked very good on the whole.

Worst player?

Never want to single any players out. Have been disappointed not to have seen more of players who have come in such as Maher and Lee.

Leicester, they looked very strong and very organised. Pass the ball well, a good mix of brain and brawn.

Worst team?

Cheltenham, absolutely woeful and Hughesy pulled them all over the place. Could and should have been six or seven.

Leeds was a very impressive performance. The last half an hour against Millwall though was absolutely superb.

5th

yes, good start to the season. cant expect to win every game so weve done alright at the moment.

Gregan!!!! were nothin without that lad

Worst player?

i dont think there is a bad player really. the most dissapointing player has been davies. hes got alot of talent hes just not showing us what hes made of

Leicster as expected and they could easily walk this league. although i havent seen scunphorpe yet. huddersfield were good aswell.

Worst team?

hereford. probably the worst team ive seen in this league for a long time.

The Millwall Comeback. also enjoyed the tranmere game

16th

I really thought we had a good chance of winning the league this year, by this point I'd expect us to be in the top 6, so yeah I think we're doing okay just a bit deflated in recent weeks.

Chris Taylor - So obvious to see why he's being doubled up on by opposing players, he's given a lot of teams trouble and scored a few goals too.

Worst player?

Kelvin Lomax - Gets turned so many times yet the opposition have yet to make him pay for it so it doesn't stand out. Lomax would not get into the first team of any of the top 8 League One teams, he shouldn't be in ours.

Leicester looked strong and very dangerous on the counter attack.

Worst team?

Cheltenham, didn't cause us any problems....at least Hereford forced Crossley into a few saves and had one cleared off the line.

The last 10 minutes of Millwall or Leeds, I'll say Leeds because to go to Elland Road and outplay them for much of game and defending well again them considering their attacking players (Beckford, Robinson, Becchio and Showunmi) takes a quality side and we showed that quality.

6th

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

I really thought we had a good chance of winning the league this year, by this point I'd expect us to be in the top 6, so yeah I think we're doing okay just a bit deflated in recent weeks.

Chris Taylor - So obvious to see why he's being doubled up on by opposing players, he's given a lot of teams trouble and scored a few goals too.

Worst player?

Kelvin Lomax - Gets turned so many times yet the opposition have yet to make him pay for it so it doesn't stand out. Lomax would not get ino the first team of any of the top 8 League One teams, he shouldn't be in ours.

Leicester looked strong and very dangerous on the counter attack.

Worst team?

Cheltenham, didn't cause us any problems....at least Hereford forced Crossley into a few saves and had one cleared off the line.

The last 10 minutes of Millwall or Leeds, I'll say Leeds because to go to Elland Road and outplay them for much of game and defending well again them considering their attacking players (Beckford, Robinson, Becchio and Showunmi) takes a quality side and we showed that quality.

6th

What % of games have we won with Lomax playing, how many have we won when he hasn't started work it out

Not when they perform like they did yesterday, but on the whole, yes.

Taylor by a Mile.

Worst player?

Phil Salt

Milton Keynes

Worst team?

Cheltenham, as I didnt attend the Hereford game

Last twenty against Leeds.

Anywhere from 1st-24th

Almost, I was suprised that we had such an amazing start, and equally as suprised as poorly as we have played in the last month

Hard to split Hughes and Taylor, and recently Gregan

Worst player?

Davies/Lomax

Leicester

Worst team?

Huddersfield - I can't believe they took a point

Leicester second half

I thought second at the beginning, I now think third

At the start of the season most would probably have taken our present situation at this stage, but having started so well and having topped the table we are now in freefall.

Chris Taylor - has shown a whole new side to his game this season and really does look like a Championship player, I'd be amazed if we don't get some Championship clubs making bids in January, in some games we would have looked toothless going forward without him.

Worst player?

Davies TBH, especially after the stupid head butting incident, I expected big things this season but his confidence is rock bottom and he has been a major disapointment so far, things could change for him if he gets a few goals.

Leicester, strong and well organised but nothing special.

Worst team?

Cheltenham, piss poor but I'm still very doubtful we can go there and get a result in the cup.

Leeds away, good solid performance and a great result.

Top 10 definately but unless we improve our current away form I think top 6 may be beyond us.

Which will be shocking as I don't think there are 6 better teams in this division than us.

Edited by Hometownclub