Eardley - fullback or midfield?

i would sooner have Lomax as our right back, so if that means trying eardley at right middfield then bring it on, i dont have anything against Lids but for the sake of trying something different to mix it up a bit then this would be another option for me as eards foing forward seems ok

No giving me the partial glory please :wink: BP1960 was advocating the same.

He just has every attribute I like in a CM. Can tackle, track back, run with the ball, nippy, good stamina, tidy passer (except when playing long balls down the wing!) and a lethal shot in either foot. What's not to like? I do rate him as a full back and of course you have to balance who can fill in, and I did share Coco's concern that we were signing too many midfielders compared to the defence, partly because it suggested that Eardley was staying at the back.

I agree with this! Never had an issue with his short passing game which is what we want in the middle and he has a wicked shot. Thought Eardley looked good in the middle at the end of last season.

We've got enough decent centre midfielders as it is. Eardley as back-up Right Back would suit me.

At this moment, it's our midfield four who aren't performing thereby forcing the back four to lump the ball upfield to a pair of forwards who have heads like Toblerone bars. Change the midfield into a hungry unit and we might start bossing midfield and playing football again.

At this moment, it's our midfield four who aren't performing thereby forcing the back four to lump the ball upfield to a pair of forwards who have heads like Toblerone bars. Change the midfield into a hungry unit and we might start bossing midfield and playing football again.

So why not just put Maher in there? Putting a full back in centre midfield because he's crap in his natural position is not going to solve our problem in that area. If anything, it will probably make it worse...

So why not just put Maher in there? Putting a full back in centre midfield because he's crap in his natural position is not going to solve our problem in that area. If anything, it will probably make it worse...

At no point did I ever say play Eardley ahead of Maher. The whole point of this post was to highlight that Eardley is a better midfield player than a full back.

And to reiterate my earlier comment, I think Lomax understands the role of full back far better than Eardley.