*Awaydays* The film

Heath

http://www.awaydaysthemovie.com/

Just thought I would give this a plug for someone I sort of know.

It was written by a Liverpool man called Sammo and it has been made into a film.

The jist of it is it is set in the 80's and follows a group of Tranmere Rovers supporters and there dodgy dealings etc,

The film is to be aired early next year and has made an appearance at the London Film Festival to great applause.

If you like your nostalgia from the 80's and you can just about bare the Tranmere Rovers thing it is worth trying to watch it when it comes out.

Janet

If you like your nostalgia from the 80's and you can just about bare the Tranmere Rovers thing it is worth trying to watch it when it comes out.

Might just manage it :wink:

Looks a belter. Was hoping it'd be out this year but from reading the forums it seems the directors wanted to get everything location and clothing wise from the era spot on before they let it out.

Dont know if HMHB music appears in it but a lot of Liverpool bands music is in it and Joy Division etc from the 80's.

Kevin Sampson who wrote is a mad Liverpool Supporter and decided to do this about Tranmere. They had to get the clobber right for the film or there would be bother B)

here's a bit extra from youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leW0m4BU0t8...feature=related

Does it feature Half Man Half Biscuit, who turned down the chance to appear on 'The Tube', as their team Tranmere Rovers was playing that night, even though Channel Four offered to fly them by helicopter to the game?

And [probably] spawned the song "Friday Night And The Gates Are Low". I doubt it in any case.

They look like they've gone to town on the attention to detail there. Lots of Peter Storm kagoules which were really popular on the terraces in the late 70's and fetch sums of up to £150 in mint condition these days.

I'm not usually one for football violence/culture on the big screen. It's never captured right and usually pretty badly acted. This looks gritty, grimy and just as much about the art, music and culture of the period as it is about hooliganism. Should be a good 'un.

And [probably] spawned the song "Friday Night And The Gates Are Low". I doubt it in any case.

They look like they've gone to town on the attention to detail there. Lots of Peter Storm kagoules which were really popular on the terraces in the late 70's and fetch sums of up to £150 in mint condition these days.

I'm not usually one for football violence/culture on the big screen. It's never captured right and usually pretty badly acted. This looks gritty, grimy and just as much about the art, music and culture of the period as it is about hooliganism. Should be a good 'un.

And dont forget the Adidas Trainee's. You just cant forget the Adidas trainee's :lol: Life wouldnt be worth living if scousers

didnt have there Adidas trainee's B)

He wanted it to be as authentic as it possibly could be or it wasnt getting shown. Like you said I am not one for violence

but in the late 70's early 80's unfortunately it came with territory. Dont think anybody escaped the football violence of them

times but there is a story to it as well.

• 6 months later...