Mark Crossley

Cost us another point today. Both goals his fault although better marking needed for 1st goal their biggest threat with a free header, just like Howard did for Leicester. Crossley diving over the first one, should have been an easy save but he manages to miss it. Second goal why an earth didnt he come for it, wasnt the first time he stayed on his line when he should have come and Gregan and Hazell were clearly unhappy with him. So yet another 'one off' im sure some of you will say. Their keeper makes a great save from Hughes and keeps them in the game early on. We dont get that luxury any defensive lapses are punished with goals nevermind the blatent awful keeping that was on show today, disgraceful again.

Sorry Lordy, but you must have been at a different game!

First one was Gregan's fault, gave the lad a free header which he placed to perfection!

Second one, he could have done better, but had the right to expect that the defence would clean it up! What the hell were Greegs and Hazel doing? They just stood there and gave Warney a free shot!

Cost us another point today. Both goals his fault although better marking needed for 1st goal their biggest threat with a free header, just like Howard did for Leicester. Crossley diving over the first one, should have been an easy save but he manages to miss it. Second goal why an earth didnt he come for it, wasnt the first time he stayed on his line when he should have come and Gregan and Hazell were clearly unhappy with him. So yet another 'one off' im sure some of you will say. Their keeper makes a great save from Hughes and keeps them in the game early on. We dont get that luxury any defensive lapses are punished with goals nevermind the blatent awful keeping that was on show today, disgraceful again.

first goal not his fault.....you cant give away free headers and expect the keeper to stop everything.....the second one yes,he maybe should of come for it and claimed the ball but he didnt...

other than that the first half he didnt have a save to make,so how you can criticise him for that i dont know...second half apart from the two goals what about when he came out to claim at someones feet....that not classed as goalkeeping any more....

for what its worth shez has to change things...he threatened it after swindon and swapped 2 players,today he kept the same team who beat the league leaders,but couldnt beat a woefull yeovil team.....

poor flemming must be wondering what he has to do to get a game,i know if it was me i would be thinking it.

its not just the keepers fault though....midfield n defence are all over the shop

all he had to do is stick his leg out.

Can't believe I have just read that :sign0003:

Watch the highlights you will see what i mean, was onli 2 yards away from him at most and all it would have taken is to stick his leg out.

I was behind the goal and you forget to mention the speed of the ball from the header that was headed from 2 yards in front of him. the reaction time from head to crossley was a nano second or less than the time required to see ball, think about moving and then sticking actual leg out.

First one Norm could have done nothing about. Not sure it was Gregan's fault though - he'd have been picking up one of the forwards unless he was specifically detailed to pick up the 23 at set pieces given his height. (And if he had been specifically detailed on that he'd have been a bit closer...!)

Second one I think Norm will feel he could have done better with.

"Not sure it was Gregan's fault though - he'd have been picking up one of the forwards"

At last ! Good to see not all posters on here are blinkered. How many players is Gregan expected to mark ?

That's the second time in three matches that a totally unmarked centre back has scored against us, and some believe it's all Gregan's fault. You couldn't make it up.

I'll check it out on telly later, but I thought Crossley should have saved the first. Not that the free kick or the header should ever have been conceded.

While I quite like Crossley, there is a strong case for discussing whether he should be number one.

Does he command his area?

Will he come for crosses?

Are his reflexes as good as his potential replacement?

It's a close call. If I was in charge I'd probably have seen the season as Crossley starting it, getting injured at some point and warming the bench when fit again. That may still be the case.

At last ! Good to see not all posters on here are blinkered. How many players is Gregan expected to mark ?

That's the second time in three matches that a totally unmarked centre back has scored against us, and some believe it's all Gregan's fault. You couldn't make it up.

Marking one would have helped. He just went and stood the wrong side of giraffe boy, he wasn't doing it to get hold of anyone else.

Crossley not at fault for the first.

Definately at fault for the second.

Tired of discussing Crossley every week. If he didn't make so many errors (like everyone else on the pitch yesterday unfortunatley) we wouldn't be discussing this.

Fleming in.

It's only discussed each week because a certain individual brings Crossley up each week, much the same way as Eardley is. Each time the majority on this forum disagree with the comments .... yet it still comes up!

Look at the first post ... Crossley blamed for both goals, yet not one other person agrees with him regarding the first and most say he could had done better on the second. log on after the game next week and you'll read the same ....... even if we nil Cheltenham.

Didn't realise that it was a two man team .... obviously the other nine never put a foot wrong.

It's only discussed each week because a certain individual brings Crossley up each week, much the same way as Eardley is. Each time the majority on this forum disagree with the comments .... yet it still comes up!

Look at the first post ... Crossley blamed for both goals, yet not one other person agrees with him regarding the first and most say he could had done better on the second. log on after the game next week and you'll read the same ....... even if we nil Cheltenham.

Didn't realise that it was a two man team .... obviously the other nine never put a foot wrong.

Of course it's not a two man team. As I mentioned in my previous post - "If he didn't make so many errors (like everyone else on the pitch yesterday unfortunatley) we wouldn't be discussing this."

The reason I'm tired of discussing it is because it's the one position in the team that, for me, is crying out for a change. It's one where we have a ready made solution, and it appears to be one of the few that Shez refuses to make. We don't need loans, or to wait for someone to return from injury. Fleming must be wondering what he has to do.

I'm not saying he's a Banks or a Buffon, but looking at the errors Crossley has made in recent games, I think perhaps they are ones that Fleming might not have made.

Should have saved the first one ... a more agile chap would have done. But where the hall was Gregan? I saw Hughes blamed for this goal on another post. Well, as he was stood in the centre circle he was either a tad out of position or not responsible for it!

I think a well placed (lucky) long ball falling between Gregan and Crossley was the cause of the second. Although Gregan stopping chasing cost a chance to cover back and maybe clear off the line.

Guest oa_exile
I think a well placed (lucky) long ball falling between Gregan and Crossley was the cause of the second. Although Gregan stopping chasing cost a chance to cover back and maybe clear off the line.

What was annoying about the second goal was Warney failed to control the first effort and scored at the second stab.

Should have been closed down after he made a hash at the first attempt .........just bad goalkeeping and defending.

Should have saved the first one ... a more agile chap would have done. But where the hall was Gregan? I saw Hughes blamed for this goal on another post. Well, as he was stood in the centre circle he was either a tad out of position or not responsible for it!

Hughes not coming back with their defender (who scored) was criminal. Whether or not Hughes was under instruction not to come back is another matter. The fact he didn't was crucial I'd have thought. Or is leaving a free man up front the norm ? Given our record of conceding at set plays perhaps it is.

I'm sorry if this cheeses the "Crossley fan club"

HERE ARE THE FACTS!

The guy has been an outstanding goalkeeper, and still is a good player to have at the club. He is a number 2 at best. The guy is slow, look weighty and doesn't move out of his 6 yard box, and comes for nothing in there. I don't think anyone had a good game yesterday but he should have done better for the first and should have been out quicker for the second. He comes for nothing and in my opinion has lost us more point than gained. We have a young very agile goalkeeper who can kick with both feet who distributes quickly from the back, SHEZ!! lets put the old man handshakes to one side and play him. We are in for a air raid bombardment from Allen's crew next week, and if i'm honest i'm not confident going there with Crossley in goal.

Absolute and utter rubbish. How on earth can you expect Crossley to save that header, he was about 6 yards out and totally unmarked, and the header was pretty much right in the corner. It was Gregan`s fault, he wasnt marking and he takes responsibility ...

The second was a right mess, no communication and leaving it to eachother, like said in another post the worst part was that Warne messed up his control and allowed us to make a tackle/block which we never did.