Why David Cameron is going to be the next Prime Minister

Guest sheridans_world

This country's :censored:ed - no matter who takes over!

We were in the late 70's as well but came back and can do it again with a strong leader with sensible policies. Not sure if any of the present lot have the strength of conviction. Too many MPS are career politicians and not enough conviction politicians.

We were in the late 70's as well but came back and can do it again with a strong leader with sensible policies. Not sure if any of the present lot have the strength of conviction. Too many MPS are career politicians and not enough conviction politicians.

It was this come back that has caused the problems that we are now facing.

As for conviction politicians, gimme a sensible and able politician anyday of the week rather than one who just blindly follows her their beliefs regardless of the outcomes.

It was this come back that has caused the problems that we are now facing.

As for conviction politicians, gimme a sensible and able politician anyday of the week rather than one who just blindly follows her their beliefs regardless of the outcomes.

Disagree with your first point. The country was bankrupt and had to go cap in hand to the IMF on 4 occasions. Strong measures had to be taken at the time. It took a number of years before we could stand on our feet economically. Yes, mistakes were made and situations could have been done differently but I could not see the likes of Foot or Kinnock making the country better only worse. And just to make the point that I am not a Tory, I was seriously following John Smith (who, from my memories made sensible proposals) and unfortunately died before he could make an impact.

Secondly, we have too many who toe the party line. Two examples come to mind. How many labour (I use them as an example because they are in power) MPs have voted to close A & E depts. at General Hospital or close local Post Offices and then blatantly protest when the hit lists include their own. A conviction politician would refuse to vote for the policies.