Southend decimated for Saturday?

Especially wise words if you intend to spend the night sleeping rough in Eastbourne after the game.

Words courtesy of Faithless:

Turned up in places that I never intended to go

And so ended my youth I once depended on proof

Now I'm in the flow, there are things I know beyond knowing

I've seen a seed growing, I was going back home

When a man said stop, I want to have what you have

And get what you got

I got it sleeping rough on the streets in the rain

I got it learning to share my people's pain

I got it making flowers grow in hearts of stone

I got it 'cos I always take the long way home .

Just to slip a hint of pedantry into an otherwise useful thread - decimating means killing one in ten, not killing loads of them. Kets is clearly still not fully awake to miss that one :)

The question was asked and the response from Seasider was in the negative. So I felt that had dealt with the situation without having to resort to idle pedantry. :)

Whats the bet that the 'Oldham Football Intelligence Unit ' got their 'Intelligence' from this thread? <_<

I read it this morning, but I still find the name ridiculous...how big a unit do you need to cope with 300 Latics fans? I'm sure Scotland Yard are on full alert ready for the big one on Saturday.

If you're looking for accommodation to stay overnight anywhere, it's normally best not to admit to being a football supporter. So I was surprised to find that the Southend United OS advertises a place to stay (Thorpe Bay Premier Inn) which gives a discount if you admit to being one of us.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/Direc...,,10444,00.html

If you're looking for accommodation to stay overnight anywhere, it's normally best not to admit to being a football supporter. So I was surprised to find that the Southend United OS advertises a place to stay (Thorpe Bay Premier Inn) which gives a discount if you admit to being one of us.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/Direc...,,10444,00.html

I've managed to find a little friendly b+b, just off the front ( i think!) that still has a couple of rooms and was fine with "sensible" football fans....... :grin:

If anybody needs the number pm me and i'll fire it across

Dont drink in the pubs surrounding the ground on matchday. Eh? Our Hotel is near the ground and about 14 of us will be in them on the Friday night, so highly doubt the landlords are going to be arsed about people if we like it, dont cause any hassle and settle for the night - start telling Latics we know by text/phone on the saturday morning who we know are heading down just for the day that we recommend such and such a pub. Especially seeing as we'll probably be back in said pub before most Southend fans are even up out of bed. Then back in the pubs surrounding the ground till the small hours of sunday.

Only time you'd have a problem at Southend is if you were a Colchester fan.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Or a Hamsters fan!

The Golden Lion is shut and I believe the Blue Boar has stopped away fans.

The Nelson is very hospitable and welcomes away fans...

Looking forward to the game I just hope you play better than last night! Saying that having Hughes and Byfield back will be a massive boost for you.

Or a Hamsters fan!

Looking forward to the game I just hope you play better than last night! Saying that having Hughes and Byfield back will be a massive boost for you.

I posted on here before about the mishap my ex-housemate, who supports West Ham, had on a summer jolly in Southend when they ran into lots of Millwall doing likewise. Nice...

Or a Hamsters fan!

That is an incredibly decent thing to say before you play us and thank you for the information regarding The Nelson.

Or a Hamsters fan!

I'm going with a Hammer, will tell him to keep his cockney chirping down...