All this Shez out business

4-5-1 with three defensive midfielders, one of which didnt wana play there and who's mental state appears in tatters for weeks sums it up ..... Shez is at fault for Stephens Lee not behind on the field for either ....

1) He signed them ... they aren't the players he thought they were

2) He thinks 3 defensive like-for-like midfielders in a 4-5-1 is the correct tactical strategy against a truly abysmal, defensively frail as a 100yr old outfit

3) He thinks they aren't match-fit - he was part of the decision-making process for getting rid of the reserves

Shez needs to improve his decision-making sharpish or he's out in the new year - I hope he gets till the summer 'cos can't see how changing a manager can help the team half way thru a season BUT he is off then unless we go up I'm sure

no

but any new manager who may come in will need time to make a judgement on the players we have

give him till end of the season then the time it will take to bring in a new manager means that any new manager will have to offer new contracts purely blind on someone elses recommendation, and will lose out on players as a result of wasting time searching for a manager after the season is over

if the club is going to change manager, it has to be before end of the season

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tonight has produced the fruit of some serious mis-management decisions over the last 4 months.

no reserves.

shez's endless hunt for a left back,when lomax was doing ok.

the loaning out of davies and o'grady.

the saga of gregan.

hughes and his loose connection.

everything seemed to "come together" tonight as to whats wrong at oldham athletic.

is shez a manager,or "one of the lads?

is shez not bothered about the drinking culture at the club?

is he aware of the times his players are arsing around on computers at 3am in the morning before matchdays?

tonight has make me think twice.

our record since losing v.stockport is relegation form....and barring the scunny game,i've not seen a display since then that suggests for one minute that we are promotion material.

time for some very major re-thinks ,shez and co.

If shez goes it should be decided soon so that we can still push for promotion this season.

I really can't believe we are 7th based on our performances, we have been poor for the majority of this season bar some well timed good performances at home and against top 10 sides that keep everyone thinking we are world beaters. Which we are when we decide to turn up.

We need a manager. Shez doesn't look like one to me. All the stupid brainless mistakes he made last season were all forgiven. That isn't going to happen this season. I don't think he has lost it, he never had it. That word consistency Shez keeps talking about is the one thing he is never going to be able to get.

I totally agree.

However, I am still blaming tonights performance (or lack of) on Hughes, we had cross after cross in, with no players taller than a post-box on the end of them. I am certain we would have won had Hughes played in either the first game or the replay. Two stupid, idiotic yellow cards and we're out of the cup.

That's the biggest load of bollocks i've ever read on this site!!!

Sheridan had allowed our 2nd striker (davies to be cup tied.)

Sheridan had allowed our 3rd striker (lilly savage) to stay at a club where he had hardly played and made him inelgible for us.

Sheridan played with a ridiculous 4 3 3 starting line up...with the most immobile midfield 3 you are likely to see.....an out of sorts greegs....an out of form allott...and an out of games maher (who again didn't look bad!)......plus a non fit glass hip smalley

Coupled with Lewis, who as a lone front man is as much of a threat as gary glitter at a mature womens convention.

Wolfy will never make a lower - any - maybe sunday league - centre forward as long as he is below 5ft 9!!!

Your suggestion of blaming hughes is a joke......and so is your post!!!!

Sheridans tactics ...shape...was crap...by the time he changed it in the second half, when he brought Lidds on...it was too late......No davies, no Lilly savage.....the umper lumpers are no longer in reserve team football.....and boy doesn't it show!!!

Edited by futchers briefs

SW...you have defended Sheridan, yet suggested that COG will be back on Sat and Byfield is available nxt wk.....never mind tonight and last saturday.. yet you (by blindfold?) completely blame Hughes 100% for this defeat.....surely your personal feeling against hughes cannot get in the way of the tactical/managerial cock up that has contributed to us being knocked out of the cup,,,,,,,,,if not, then................................... :redcard:

That's the biggest load of bollocks i've ever read on this site!!!

Sheridan had allowed our 2nd striker (davies to be cup tied.)

Sheridan had allowed our 3rd striker (lilly savage) to stay at a club where he had hardly played and made him inelgible for us.

Sheridan played with a ridiculous 4 3 3 starting line up...with the most immobile midfield 3 you are likely to see.....an out of sorts greegs....an out of form allott...and an out of games maher (who again didn't look bad!)......plus a non fit glass hip smalley

Coupled with Lewis, who as a lone front man is as much of a threat as gary glitter at a mature womens convention.

Wolfy will never make a lower - any - maybe sunday league - centre forward as long as he is below 5ft 9!!!

Your suggestion of blaming hughes is a joke......and so is your post!!!!

Sheridans tactics ...shape...was crap...by the time he changed it in the second half, when he brought Lidds on...it was too late......No davies, no Lilly savage.....the umper lumpers are no longer in reserve team football.....and boy doesn't it show!!!

Absolutely agree F_B... now this isnt because of my supposed 'hero worrship' of hughes... its because to blame one player (who happens to be our best player) for a whole catalogue of errors by the clubs management - just because you fell you have to have to have someone obvious to blame is quite frankly niaive, short sighted, and pretty goddamned childish (sorry si - it is :wink:)

We have had this discussion all week, and the general concensus is that Hughes should not have been sent off... but thats by the by, he did, get over it... and the clubs whole series of errors (notice I say the clubs) as highlight above become all the more soddingly glaring obvious, and the Shez can do not wrong preachers jump on the easiest target they can find...

I've said it time and tme again. Hughesy's petulance at the moment is a problem, a big problem, because it exposes the shambles that is the rest of the squad when he is suspended - if it is his fault that his ability is a big sodding band-aid that protects the seeping gash wound that is the car crash of a squad that we have at the moment... well, bloody hell yeah, lets hang draw and quarter him - that will help... oh yeah, dont worry, we now have Byfield, who on one games performance will magically be our saviour... oh yeah, until he misses a game and we can blame him for being a great player but not having the decency to be on the pitch to cover up for the shocking lack of ability, balance, leadership, or plain footballing ability in the rest of our squad.

What a crock of crap... someone mentioned Wellens on another thread... exactly the same comments came out when he was suspended and we started playing like a pub team. Unfortunately your best players sometimes cant play. It is the managers perogative to be at least a little bit prepared for this. And not have all your players on loan, playing like crap, playing in a bizarre position, or even signing a whole load of players who to all contention - arent actually football players.

Brilliant. FA Cup, thankyou and out. Now onto Southend, where byfield and Hughes will play, we will probably win, and everyone will be happy...... cover up the cracks yet again...

Guest sheridans_world

Yes I do defend Shez, granted he made errors but the fact is we should never have needed COG or Davies last night. If Hughesy wouldnt have got that stupid yellow card against Yeovil, he wouldnt have missed the first game and if he hadnt have got a stupid yellow card on Saturday, he wouldnt have missed last night. Cheltenham's defence was piss poor and Hughesy could have ripped them apart for either the second (if played the first FA Cup game) or maybe even third (because he should have been playing both) time this season.

I'm a big Hughes fan, I think he is a cracking playing with brilliant positioning and an eye for goal. That said, he hasnt scored for a few weeks but that doesnt give him the right to self-destruct and get stupid bookings.

Now the bit I will blame Shez for, Hughes needs to be disciplined and should have been after Yeovil. He obvioulsy wasnt because he went out and got a stupid booking against Northampton as well.

SW...you have defended Sheridan, yet suggested that COG will be back on Sat and Byfield is available nxt wk.....never mind tonight and last saturday.. yet you (by blindfold?) completely blame Hughes 100% for this defeat.....surely your personal feeling against hughes cannot get in the way of the tactical/managerial cock up that has contributed to us being knocked out of the cup,,,,,,,,,if not, then................................... :redcard:

I do think SW has a point. The red card Hughes picked up was idiotic (the first yellow anyway), and with Hughes on the pitch we'd be a different outfit completely. Especially against a team who's abysmal away from home, and only really stopped us scoring by fortunate blocks. I pretty sick of losing our main threat up front to stupid suspensions (his first one came through FOUR bookings for dissent).

But Shez has to be held to some account here. Probably stemming back to the fact we have no reserve league (or not enough reserve games have been arranged), being forced to send 2 strikers out on loan (one quite clearly because he's a sulking tosspot with equal amounts of sawdust for brains as Hughes and who 'plays when he wants to play') and as a consequence being left with no real strikers at the club. You can only blame Hughes so much really.

In years gone by, I've always usually looked forward to us playing teams like Bournemouth and Crewe because they were always a bit of a powderpuff team, with no real agression in the tackle, easy on the eye but no real threat going forward. That was us last night, but without being easy on the eye. Pathetic.

Shez gets the rest of the season for me. Of that there's no question. Unless we either go up, or even go out in the play-offs fighting then I think he'll be off and a new man drafted in.

I'd have a guess he played Gregan in the middle to add some muscle in there. Was Lee going to bully their big units around in his first game back for months?

Is this a joke? So we would always need a big centre half in midfield whenever we play physical teams? I'm pretty sure Lee and Stevens will have played against bigger and better than their 'big units' in midfield. Gregan is a defender and only a defender, should never be in midfield.

Did we have a big centre half in midfield when we beat them 4-0?

I do think SW has a point. The red card Hughes picked up was idiotic (the first yellow anyway), and with Hughes on the pitch we'd be a different outfit completely. Especially against a team who's abysmal away from home, and only really stopped us scoring by fortunate blocks. I pretty sick of losing our main threat up front to stupid suspensions (his first one came through FOUR bookings for dissent).

But Shez has to be held to some account here. Probably stemming back to the fact we have no reserve league (or not enough reserve games have been arranged), being forced to send 2 strikers out on loan (one quite clearly because he's a sulking tosspot with equal amounts of sawdust for brains as Hughes and who 'plays when he wants to play') and as a consequence being left with no real strikers at the club. You can only blame Hughes so much really.

Its the new great latics debate!

chicken_or_egg.jpg

Which is the root of all Latics evil (or comes first!) - Hughesy being suspended, or Sheridan being a managerial Muppet!!

For me - Hughesy's attitude problem is just another symptom of the cancerous lack of responsibility or appropriate decision making/communication spreading through this club.

Sooo.. we have to blame someone - Hughesy (The Egg) or Sheridan (The squarking clueles chicken) :wink:

Its the new great latics debate!

chicken_or_egg.jpg

Which is the root of all Latics evil (or comes first!) - Hughesy being suspended, or Sheridan being a managerial Muppet!!

For me - Hughesy's attitude problem is just another symptom of the cancerous lack of responsibility or appropriate decision making/communication spreading through this club.

Sooo.. we have to blame someone - Hughesy (The Egg) or Sheridan (The squarking clueles chicken) :wink:

Looking at your right hand side signature pic.....Hughes could well be known as 'The Egg'.

What utter nonsense. We’ve got good kids coming through now who Sheridan worked with. we’ve got a decent squad not as good as others but then we haven’t got the money for that.

The striker situation seems to be down to unforeseen circumstances (if rumours are to be believed).

We’re playing better football than we have done for years.

When was the last time we placed highly in the league under another manager? Dowie was a good season but we had a lot more money then.

I don’t want another Moore.

I don’t want another Talbot.

I don’t want another Wadsworth.

Shez in!

What utter nonsense. We’ve got good kids coming through now who Sheridan worked with. we’ve got a decent squad not as good as others but then we haven’t got the money for that.

The striker situation seems to be down to unforeseen circumstances (if rumours are to be believed).

We’re playing better football than we have done for years.

When was the last time we placed highly in the league under another manager? Dowie was a good season but we had a lot more money then.

I don’t want another Moore.

I don’t want another Talbot.

I don’t want another Wadsworth.

Shez in!

I could arguably agree with the rest of your statements - but better football than we have done for years... really? Do you honestly belive that? 1 good match in 10 is not better football...

Now the bit I will blame Shez for, Hughes needs to be disciplined and should have been after Yeovil. He obvioulsy wasnt because he went out and got a stupid booking against Northampton as well.

As much as I like Hughes, I suspect the "big fish, small pond" factor is in effect and he wouldn't listen to a word if Sheridan berated him.

Apart from the fact he spent almost all of his career in midfield..................................

You think he's still a midfielder or a defender? He has been a defender for a good few years and if you, Shez or anyone else thinks he can still do a job in midfield then there is no hope for you.

If I owned the club, I'd be lining up a new manager.

You should never remove your incumbant until you are sure you have a better replacement though.

I suspect over 2,000 people at BP last night could do better!

Jim Gannon.

Tony Philliskirk.

Good with kids.

Generates cheap wage bills.

But delivers passion and excitement.

Gary Glitter is good with kids but doesn't mean he could manage latics.

Point taken.

Although Tony Philliskirk may not appreciate being compared to GG.

The point is when we replace Shez I think it will be with somebody cheaper, managing a cheaper squad.

Which will not be comfortable for many fans.