NHL

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in work at 7 am this morning....its gonna be a struggle tonight but I'll make it!

I think I had that pregnency type thing as I woke up at 6:45 and couldn't get back to sleep so I'll be on the redbull from about 9 I think.

Worth it though, only comes around once a year!

Sure has... got my interest back in NHL after a few seasons of apathy.. and that is all down to you lovely people... :wub::blush:

Speaking of which... Twitchy bum time Jss?

The nerves are kicking in. More excited than anything though. Not sure how to react if a team of mine has any sort of sporting success, I'm not used to it...:lol:

First period was crap ( Well, I slept through it! :lol: So I don't really know ) but the rest of the game was excellent playoff hockey. Huge save with 0.x seconds left to win it for the Pens.

If only I could look at Lemieux without wanting to punch his smug face in.

Congrats.

651APTOPIX_Stanley_Cup_Penguins_Red_Wings_Hockey.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.138.jpg

Bloody brilliant last night, defended like heroes, every single one of them. With all the focus on Sid and Geno it was awesome to see Maxime get the plaudits...it's always the unsung ones who seem to rise to these occasions. And how special to win it without Crosby on the ice for over half the game, giving more ammunition to the argument that we are not a one (or even two) man side.

Well done to Detroit, they played well and I was saying to my mate throughout the game that they were always going to score at some point, we just had to make sure it was close enough to the end to give ourselves the best chance of defending the inevitable final onslaught. And we did. Fleury is an outstanding goalie, and he's finally stepped up and shown he's a winner. Doubters please leave now!

Who'd have thought that this side, tenth in the conference when Therrien was sacked, would come through and win the Cup?! Just a brilliant effort from all involved...there's a powerhouse slowly being built in Pittsburgh and with the money behind the team we can hopefully create a dynasty that will be successful for years to come.

Marion 'I'm leaving to win a Stanley Cup' Hossa, I hope that was a bitter pill to swallow last night! 'No regrets' he said, my arse! :wink::lol:

It's been a great season, not just for the Pens but for the NHL...the playoffs have been outstandingly close throughout and it was fitting that it would go to a Cup Final Game Seven and a big save would win it right at the end...there really was little between the sides in the Final and largely in the playoffs as a whole.

Roll on the title defending season next year! Edited by jsslatic

651APTOPIX_Stanley_Cup_Penguins_Red_Wings_Hockey.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.138.jpg

Bloody brilliant last night, defended like heroes, every single one of them. With all the focus on Sid and Geno it was awesome to see Maxime get the plaudits...it's always the unsung ones who seem to rise to these occasions. And how special to win it without Crosby on the ice for over half the game, giving more ammunition to the argument that we are not a one (or even two) man side.

Well done to Detroit, they played well and I was saying to my mate throughout the game that they were always going to score at some point, we just had to make sure it was close enough to the end to give ourselves the best chance of defending the inevitable final onslaught. And we did. Fleury is an outstanding goalie, and he's finally stepped up and shown he's a winner. Doubters please leave now!

Who'd have thought that this side, tenth in the conference when Therrien was sacked, would come through and win the Cup?! Just a brilliant effort from all involved...there's a powerhouse slowly being built in Pittsburgh and with the money behind the team we can hopefully create a dynasty that will be successful for years to come.

Marion 'I'm leaving to win a Stanley Cup' Hossa, I hope that was a bitter pill to swallow last night! 'No regrets' he said, my arse! :wink::lol:

It's been a great season, not just for the Pens but for the NHL...the playoffs have been outstandingly close throughout and it was fitting that it would go to a Cup Final Game Seven and a big save would win it right at the end...there really was little between the sides in the Final and largely in the playoffs as a whole.

Roll on the title defending season next year!

:applause1:

Well done the Pens. Nothing harder to do in hockey than to win a game 7 in that shed. Fair Play.

You are right, there was barely anything between any of the sides in the playoffs... (well, barring the first round when the dross was eliminated :wink: ) following then a few bounces either way and any team could have been lifting that cup... but what the Pens achieved was pretty remarkable.

Hopefully it will continue next year... a few teams will be rebuilding (quack - plus also the Sharks have a lot to think about) so methinks it may be a little easier all round next season... :lol:

Bring it on!

Montreal sale to help the Scousers...

BBC

Just finished reading it. Didn't know he was trying to ship them for over a year! They were on their centinary this year and for their owner to be trying to bin them off during that time is crazy! They sold out, I think, every home game this season. I know I couldn't get tickets for love nor money when I was there.

The other one is trying to ship the Stars too! No one wants to own an NHL franchise at the moment. The Preditors are up :censored: creek and could be in Toronto in the next two years, in no small part thanks to the work of The Great One (it hurts me to even say that!).

Just finished reading it. Didn't know he was trying to ship them for over a year! They were on their centinary this year and for their owner to be trying to bin them off during that time is crazy! They sold out, I think, every home game this season. I know I couldn't get tickets for love nor money when I was there.

The other one is trying to ship the Stars too! No one wants to own an NHL franchise at the moment. The Preditors are up :censored: creek and could be in Toronto in the next two years, in no small part thanks to the work of The Great One (it hurts me to even say that!).

Coyotes?