Shez on LW

It was a somewhat frustrating performance last night with a sweet ending.

Message for one element of moaners:

If the side pass it around the midfield, can't find an incisive pass forwards and knock it back to a centre half, DON'T MOAN!

Much rather they built the attack again than hoof it mindlessly forwards to a player who'll never win a header like that in a month of Sundays.

And no, it isn't a call for Kalala to return to the team!!

Well said Shez after moving from the Lookers into the maine stand all I have heard this season is moaning and whinging and if anyone sits near the women that sits near the halfway way line that shouts "OH MY GOD" every 5 mins ram a pie, sasauge roll, scalf anything in her mouth!!!

Best yet was Scunthorpe at home 2-0 up "these are ***** we should be putting 6 past these think of goal difference crap Latics!!!

Or lastnight 2 mins into injury time Taylor has it in the corner "get it in the middle get a fourth ***** this Latics" lets have a look in the middle Hughes on his own with six back!!!

Much rather see us go back to the centre half than send a hopeful hoof.

IPOD for Brighton at home I think :)

It wasn't a good performance last night, some of the passing left alot to be desired. Southend wasn't vintage either. Whilst I don't moan at the game apart from the odd frustation at times like most, it still isn't wise of Sheridan to be slating his own fans. No doubt said on the back of some criticism he's recieved of late and the pressure he's felt from a dip of form from the side. The trouble is when the side still isn't really firing it's dangerous to go the attack of your detractors, it can all end with double barrel loads.

Obviously some very very pleasing things came from last night amid the minuses. Two fantastic crosses from DJ and Hughesy in the goals again as a result. Any scouts in the stand will have sanctioned another £250K on the fee of Taylor. Again head and shoulders above the rest and menaced all night. Coming back from being down again. 3PTS and moving up the table again and proving this league is unpredictable. We just need Leicester to have a wobble now and bring them back into the pack for good. It will be interesting to see if Latics are in 3rd/4th and within 2/4 points off the top come January what TTA will do with the undoubted offers that will flood in.

Shez shouted "Oh Come On!" last night at Allott, to which one supporter shouted "It needs changing round - YOU come on!".

Don't think Shez heard the first bit, and replied "I can't make the pass for him can I? You muppet!"

Once again the lowly fan's opinion is only worth abuse :)

To be fair, it had needed substitutions, and they did make a difference. Poor moaners can't win!! :lol:

Shez shouted "Oh Come On!" last night at Allott, to which one supporter shouted "It needs changing round - YOU come on!".

Don't think Shez heard the first bit, and replied "I can't make the pass for him can I? You muppet!"

Once again the lowly fan's opinion is only worth abuse :)

To be fair, it had needed substitutions, and they did make a difference. Poor moaners can't win!! :lol:

Wouldnt be you moaning would it Aidy:)?

How ironic that the original poster is loving the attack on the moaners but sounds like he was a moaner before the last 3 games by saying hes back on the bandwagon.

Why cant we all just stick together, realise we are doing as well as anyone in the league and stay with it. Some people need a reality check. Great result last night.

It wasn't a good performance last night, some of the passing left alot to be desired. Southend wasn't vintage either. Whilst I don't moan at the game apart from the odd frustation at times like most, it still isn't wise of Sheridan to be slating his own fans. No doubt said on the back of some criticism he's recieved of late and the pressure he's felt from a dip of form from the side. The trouble is when the side still isn't really firing it's dangerous to go the attack of your detractors, it can all end with double barrel loads.

Obviously some very very pleasing things came from last night amid the minuses. Two fantastic crosses from DJ and Hughesy in the goals again as a result. Any scouts in the stand will have sanctioned another £250K on the fee of Taylor. Again head and shoulders above the rest and menaced all night. Coming back from being down again. 3PTS and moving up the table again and proving this league is unpredictable. We just need Leicester to have a wobble now and bring them back into the pack for good. It will be interesting to see if Latics are in 3rd/4th and within 2/4 points off the top come January what TTA will do with the undoubted offers that will flood in.

Great post.

There is a difference between moaning and expressing fustration at a poor pass or decision out on the pitch. The passing still worries me - when it's good it's very good but when it's bad, it's dangerous and often leaves us exposed.

Taylor is a class act I agree and one run last night was sublime. However, his end product has to improve - maybe that will happen away from Oldham - I would be sad to see him go but there is a huge talent there - will TTA be brave enough to resist the inevitable offers?

Guest oa_exile

Do you think that Shez's outburst at the "Moaners" will help the already feeble turnouts ? maybe more fans will now stay way :(

I am always told in business that "The Customer is King" :wink:

Wouldnt be you moaning would it Aidy:)?

Not me mate, Shez had my full support until he snapped back at the fella. Then I thought "FFS! Why do you have to alienate yourself from people who have a justified opinion?"

Fair play though, he made the substitution the guy had wanted (Not on his say so, obviously) when he could have been pigheaded and stubborn, and guess what? It worked. The little man with his season ticket sat in the cold was right!!

I was sat there singing on my own last night - Can't understand that main stand lot not joining in (miserable sods!) :wink::naughty:

"My Dad sits down there, and I can assure you its not him" - Classic.

Not sure TTA would appreciate the "If you are going to moan from the first minute, I'd prefer they stayed at home" though I have some sympathy for his view.

I am not a pre-meditated moaner, but at times of immense frustration (poor pass etc) I'll admit I'll let the occassional groan or For Fricks Sake Latics. I think all fans feel this at times. You can here collective groans / shouts of derision around the ground on occassions - but that is the same everywhere.

The more pre-meditated/negative comments are different and I can understand the managers frustration, but I think he has to be professional enough to accept them and get on with his job. As long as this is an infrequent shot across the bows I can accept it, but if it becomes a regular moan by Shez, then I think TTA would have grounds to "have a word".

The problem is there seem to be too many who think the moaning (and abuse) should only ever be in one direction.

If you do happen to sit within earshot of the bench, I don't really see a problem with the odd targetted comment made loud enough for the bench to hear. But neither do I see any problem with Tommy or Shez responding in kind. i.e. answering the point/criticism/abuse. But no, that leads to all kinds of other accusations from some quarters.

It's time some fans realised that they do not have carte blanche to act as they like and abuse who they like when in a football ground, and then cry foul if their target dares to respond.

Edited by garcon

If you do happen to sit within earshot of the bench, I don't really see a problem with the odd targetted comment made loud enough for the bench to hear. But neither do I see any problem with Tommy or Shez responding in kind. i.e. answering the point/criticism/abuse. But no, that leads to all kinds of other accusations from some quarters.

That's the thing. People will sit there all game trying to get a response out of the manager, whoever he is, and then some of them complain if he responds in the same terms as they asked the question. Strangely juvenile behaviour given the typical age of those doing it.

We've all gone, "Oh &*%"£}%"$%(&*"£_()&*$ when a player has done the same thing for the 9th time in a row, and it does create a bit of a mumble when a lot of people do the same thing, but the key IMO is to stop that turning into abuse, and from abuse into premeditated targeting of a player.

Well said Shez after moving from the Lookers into the maine stand all I have heard this season is moaning and whinging and if anyone sits near the women that sits near the halfway way line that shouts "OH MY GOD" every 5 mins ram a pie, sasauge roll, scalf anything in her mouth!!!

Maybe not 'anything' ;)

Consider the tone of this thread officially lowered.

Edited by LeylandLatic