Stadium plans shelved

I think the council and the nimby's may have done us a favour, should we have had earlier approval we could well now have an half-built new stand ala Vale and Rotherham. We hardly ever get 10,000 a game and won't do in this league unless we play Leeds. Should we go up what's wrong with getting a temporary stand in at the lookers? Needs must I'm afraid.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon Corney states that its saving money on one of the LW interviews with Alan Hardy is present. It was not long after the visit of Leicester and they say we didn't fill the ground for that game, and speculate that perhaps Leeds or a cup game might fill it and therefore mean we lose out on revenue. But Simon cleary says that one or two games of missed revenue does not counter act the savings made from not running the stand.

Its simple really - we have reduced maintenance costs (perhaps the highest of the 4 stands), reduced electricity / water consumption, reduced the need for staff on match days (turnstiles, bars etc), and pretty much maintain income.

I still think this might backfire when attendances drop after winter cos all the pensioners in the main stand have died of hypothermia.

I still think this might backfire when attendances drop after winter cos all the pensioners in the main stand have died of hypothermia.

They've got to this age and are still keeping the Faith, in the comfort of their thermals. Anyway, with global warming, the name 'Ice Station Zebra' seems rather misplaced these days. It's the young whimps who keep using the "cold" excuse for crying off! They don't know they're born!

I think the council and the nimby's may have done us a favour, should we have had earlier approval we could well now have an half-built new stand ala Vale and Rotherham. We hardly ever get 10,000 a game and won't do in this league unless we play Leeds. Should we go up what's wrong with getting a temporary stand in at the lookers? Needs must I'm afraid.

No, it would have been whoever we sold the land to that would have been in the :censored:, we'd have been laughing/