Dale fan in chaddy end

He's called Mark Davies if it's the one in that video. Only vaguely know him through going dale games and he is very much a bit of an oddball, but likes his football so decided to go to the MK game. Liked the atmosphere in the RRE so came back. This time with a Latics top on, that i'm guessing he'd not long bought.

If he did get abused, then he'll probably just go back in the RRE where no one really said anything to him. Was the abuse that of a similar mould to the Carling Cup game at Spotland (4-2 in your cup final? errr. eh), as he'd probably have just laughed - or did they target his ridiculous oversized gold chains?

I've got one or two Dale fans who want to come to a few Latics games before the season's out. I think it'd be quite funny if the young lads in the Chaddy tried giving abuse to them, given their size and the fact they have two of the shortest fuses in our wonderful town 'full of smackheads'. Though I think i'm fairly right in guessing he was targetted because he was on his own and wouldnt of said anything back.

I've been 'dale before and called Biffo and had anti Latics songs sung at me in Studds bar. I still go Dale. It's entirely how you decide to take it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's called Mark Davies if it's the one in that video. Only vaguely know him through going dale games and he is very much a bit of an oddball, but likes his football so decided to go to the MK game. Liked the atmosphere in the RRE so came back. This time with a Latics top on, that i'm guessing he'd not long bought.

If he did get abused, then he'll probably just go back in the RRE where no one really said anything to him. Was the abuse that of a similar mould to the Carling Cup game at Spotland (4-2 in your cup final? errr. eh), as he'd probably have just laughed - or did they target his ridiculous oversized gold chains?

I've got one or two Dale fans who want to come to a few Latics games before the season's out. I think it'd be quite funny if the young lads in the Chaddy tried giving abuse to them, given their size and the fact they have two of the shortest fuses in our wonderful town 'full of smackheads'. Though I think i'm fairly right in guessing he was targetted because he was on his own and wouldnt of said anything back.

I've been 'dale before and called Biffo and had anti Latics songs sung at me in Studds bar. I still go Dale. It's entirely how you decide to take it.

You're right there mate, it is how you take it. By the sound of it, it looks like most people on here would start crying.

The guy in this video?

He was sat next to me against Cheltenham.

Fair play to the guy, clearly enjoys his football and comes to support us. I'd take an extra 1,000 Dale fans if they got behind the boys and swelled the coffers.

That's the one I thought everyone meant.

Seen that kid in the Dogdale shirt a few times. Had his school pants on Brogues and just a Rochdale shirt last time I saw him. It was freezing too. Only person I have ever seen drinking half a pint of lager too. I didn’t even know they did half pint cups at ISZ.

Yes they are our twin team.

Thanks for the suppport ^_^ ... not

Seriously though, most people couldn't care less. I mean what's a flaming 'twin team'?

In the same way as certain towns are twinned with others, doesn't mean I'm going to go on holiday there.

Wearing an Eintracht Frankfurt shirt to an Oldham game is going to get the same banter as wearing a Munich, Dortmund, Schalke or Leverkusen shirt or whatever. Wear a German shirt to an English game and you're probably going to get some stick. Just because a handful of both clubs' fans decided they liked eachother doesn't mean everyone else gives a damn...

Seriously though, most people couldn't care less. I mean what's a flaming 'twin team'?

In the same way as certain towns are twinned with others, doesn't mean I'm going to go on holiday there.

Wearing an Eintracht Frankfurt shirt to an Oldham game is going to get the same banter as wearing a Munich, Dortmund, Schalke or Leverkusen shirt or whatever. Wear a German shirt to an English game and you're probably going to get some stick. Just because a handful of both clubs' fans decided they liked eachother doesn't mean everyone else gives a damn...

Agreed...

I couldnt give a monkeys about this twin team.... I bet they couldnt give a monkeys about us (besides the 5 guys who come over every now and then)....

Agreed...

I couldnt give a monkeys about this twin team.... I bet they couldnt give a monkeys about us (besides the 5 guys who come over every now and then)....

I'm one of the guys that goes over there every now and then.

Well i'm wearing a Kranj shirt for the next match :grin:

Edited by OAFCguy

I'm one of the guys that goes over there every now and then.

Well i'm wearing a Kranj shirt for the next match :grin:

Great for you... You can probably confirm that the vast majority of their fans probably havent got a clue who Oldham Athletic is either...

What the hell does this "partnership" do other than allow five lads to go on a bino every year ?

Edited by oafc0000

Great for you... You can probably confirm that the vast majority of their fans probably havent got a clue who Oldham Athletic is either...

What the hell does this "partnership" do other than allow five lads to go on a bino every year ?

Why the hell we are a twin town with Kranj I don't know but...

Just support for each time.

My problem is that it would only be done towards people who look like they might start crying.

Not being funny, but he hasn't got anyone else to blame if he gets a bit of stick. Rochdale I'm sad to say are our rivals. If you went to any club in the football league wearing a rival's shirt you would expect stick. Try going in the Sandy Lane in your Latics top.

Edited by dish